Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MEDICAL & HEALTH > General Health Care
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Health Care Prison Health Care.. Medical, medications and all that go with it related to health care in the prison system...

Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Closed

Default Can you get early release due to medical condition

My husband has 3 or 4 medical condition and is in a Texas State Jail. They said they would send him for treatment and it's now been 6 months and hadn't done anything. They just put him on sleep pills. When I call they wouldn't give me any information. Is it possible to request early release? If it is how? I've been doing research on this issue and not getting much luck. He wrote a letter to his lawyer (court-appointed) and he didn't provide any feedback
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Banned
Donation Award 

Honey I doubt that very seriously because if that's the case, then they'll be releasing all those old inmates with health problems; however, they will take care of him.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:35 PM

What kind of "health problems" does he have, anyway? Like khansgirl said, I really doubt it. One of my very good friends has full-blown aids and he gets thrown in jail for 6 month stints pretty regularly. Myself, during my short time in jail met women with pancretitis (failing pancreas) hep c, HIV, and all sorts of other really awful things. The DOC really does not care! He'll be lucky if he gets in to see a nurse and or gets on meds, seriously!
Old 09-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Donation Award 

This does vary from state to state. The nature of his condition also plays a role in this. There does not seem to be any hard and fast rules as to who gets a medical release and who doesn't. It is a case by case basis. I would seek out the advice of an attorney if you believe his needs qualifies for a medical release.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:35 AM

If you have any luck with getting a release, Please let me know. I have been trying to in Tenn. and can find out nothing.They wont even return your calls or letters. I talked to my sons att and she said she knows nothing about it. Another dead end. That's all I have gotten. I am about at my wits end.

Hope you have better luck than I have.

Dottywood
Old 09-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Account Closed

i seriously doubt it... thats why they have psyco wards for. to treat the mentally ill. I dont know what your husbands medical conditions are, so im just going very broad on this.

i personally dont see them releasing anyone with medical issues, due to he got into jail or prison for a reason.

in cali you need to get approved by 3-4 doctors to let them say he is recommended from parole
Old 09-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Early release

Stacy it really depends on how bad his condition is. You might have to pay for a lawyer to fight that case. If the jail doesn't have the right equipment for him such as breathing machines and such then they might release him. Also it depends on what he is in there for. Good luck!

Debbie
Old 07-23-2011, 12:22 PM

in texas u can file a grivance can also get a private doctor to go to prison to see himm
Old 07-23-2011, 06:28 PM

Thanked 1,386 Times in 609 Posts

some states and even the feds have whats called compassionate release but you pretty much have to be terminal to get it and even then there is no guarentee. best bet is to keep contacting people in the system and keep pushing for treatment. good luck

joe
Old 07-24-2011, 11:43 PM

Thanked 5,127 Times in 2,375 Posts

Early release due to medical condition is not something I have heard of.
Compassionate release due to terminal illness when death is the only outcome is sometimes granted. This depends on many factors such as diagnosis, treatment cost, available treatment in prison vs family ability to provide medical care.

In such cases, families are evaluated to determine whether or not they can physically provide the care needed including hospital equipment, medications, physicians, etc around the clock for the terminal inmate. This decision is not made in a hurry and the criteria is tough.

If the condition is not terminal, it is unlikely that you will be successful in getting early release. If the condition is serious, but not deadly and requires constant medical intervention ( for example brittle insulin dependent diabetes, HIV, High risk pregnancy, etc.) the inmate can be moved to a prison hospital in order to facilitate more intense medical intervention.

Without knowing the "condition" it is difficult to be specific.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:53 AM
babygirl

if he sick you might have to go as far so writing to your govern or other high up in your state office my grandmother had to for my dad when i was 14 sorry for bad spelling keep write till he get the help he need
Old 08-07-2011, 01:24 PM

Angry no responds from Unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleyes87 View Post
My husband has 3 or 4 medical condition and is in a Texas State Jail. They said they would send him for treatment and it's now been 6 months and hadn't done anything. They just put him on sleep pills. When I call they wouldn't give me any information. Is it possible to request early release? If it is how? I've been doing research on this issue and not getting much luck. He wrote a letter to his lawyer (court-appointed) and he didn't provide any feedback
My son has medicine to take everyday----twice a day. At first they just told him that his medicine didn't come in to come back Monday (this was sat.) Problem is that he had a heart attack, has to have medicine every day. He called us and Monday morning EARLY I called and ask for the Infirmary , then I ask for the Charge Nurse. Found out his I 60 got turned in and they had already told them to get his medicine and be sure it doesn't run out again !!!! So up to the date he hasn't had anymore problems. I think sometimes it is who you get too talk with there. On the weekends there is no one UNLESS it's an matter if life and death and you know that doesn't effect them. Good luck. Smitty1935
Old 10-02-2011, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delainemor
in texas u can file a grivance can also get a private doctor to go to prison to see himm
How can I do this?

MrsPrettiJackson