Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > The Okie Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

The Okie Lounge The spot to talk about anything off-topic and non-prison related with fellow Oklahoma members.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:00 PM

Default cimarron correctional facility

Anyone have any loved ones in Cimarron? Mine has been in since April of last year but has ben transfered to a few different prisons since August of "07. He turned 21 in prison (I think that's a country song) I am frustrated because I keep getting different responses as to his release date. When I called the DOC release records people they said it was Dec. 18th of this year but the website has it as Mar. 13 and it used to be Mar. 31. I have left messages for his unit case worker ( cs-261) and even called the unit manager and they have not even called me back, big surprise huh? Well if anyone as any ideas or has anyone in there give me a shout.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2009, 09:47 PM

Thanked 3,926 Times in 1,179 Posts

My man has been there since 2005, he's been in for a total of 31 years (lifer). I am very familiar with Cimarron, so any questions ask away.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:10 PM

Thanks alot. I have alot of questions actually. What unit was the guy in that is still in the coma mine is in cs-261 thats all I know. He won't go into anything with me. I guess he doesn't want me to worry but not knowing anything is worse than knowing it all I think. I heard nothing about it until now from either on the news or him and I think it happened while he was in there ( since april of 09 ) Anything you can tell me about the place or how I can go about getting his true release date would be appreciated.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:34 PM

don't have any high expectations of what visiting is going to be and you will be fine. They sit you at these incredibly small tables in uncomfortable hard back plastic chairs. If there is any kind of a crowd in their you are going to have a hard time hearing each other. He cannot get up from his chair once seated except to go to the bathroom and to count.

Visitation is held on Sat and Sun. Sat level 3/4 can visit for six hours, visitation is thru by 5. Level 2's can visit on Saturday thru noon and no longer.

You cannot get away with anything other than holding hands in there. they cannot go to the vending machine with you. Depending on which guard is in there is how uptight the visit will be.

I hate that place and hopefully we wil be somewhere better soon.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Thanks and good luck with that. I guess I thought that private prisons were supposed to be better. Do you really think they will approve me even with a warrant for traffic tickets. Oh yeah and do you know when and what unit that stabbing thing was?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkorte1 View Post
Thanks and good luck with that. I guess I thought that private prisons were supposed to be better. Do you really think they will approve me even with a warrant for traffic tickets. Oh yeah and do you know when and what unit that stabbing thing was?
The latest that I heard was on charlie north where my man is but that was several months ago. I seem to have heard that there was another one, but I don't know what unit it was on. Really, my man stays out of all that kind of b.s. which suits me right down to the ground. So I stay out of the other gossip that might go on up there.

I would get that warrant cleared up asap so that you can get your visitation squared away. I doubt seriously they will let you visit with open warrants out on you. But you can always call them and ask. Me, I would take care of it first, see if paying them won't get them off your record.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:47 PM

Default Locked down AGAIN!!!!!

As of 5:30 tonite the facility was locked down. I have no idea for how long or why. I didn't get my call from him as expected, so when I called I was told they were locked down.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 PM

Well that explains why he didn't call me yesterday. It was my birthday and I thought he forgot, good to know before I said anything. Do you know if it was a random shakedown or a certain unit?