Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Crain Prison Unit - Texas (Formerly Gatesville)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Charles

Question Visitation in Gatesville Prison Unit - TX

I am going to see a friend in Gatesville this November. I now live in MD. How would I use the system to my advantage I get a contact visit. I would like to go about this the right was. I do not want to lie about who I am in relationship to her. She said just say you are my step brother. I am scared that could get me kicked out. Also I am in the military would that help me?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 729 Posts

Hi Charles! I'm sorry you haven't received an answer to your question.

I have no experience with this specific unit but I do know that if any information is found not to be true it could cause you to lose visiting privileges.

Have you considered contacting the unit and simply asking what the protocol would be for a military person visiting while on leave? I don't know but there may be special considerations.

Here is a link with general unit information. You will find the phone number for the unit there.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=305024

I wish you the best of luck and please let us know what you find out!

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 PM

Default me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesmd118 View Post
i am going to see a friend in gatesville this november. I now live in md. How would i use the system to my advantage i get a contact visit. I would like to go about this the right was. I do not want to lie about who i am in relationship to her. She said just say you are my step brother. I am scared that could get me kicked out. Also i am in the military would that help me?
i'm sorry i can't help with your question because i have the same concern. My inmate suggested i say i'm her uncle, but i checked around the tdcj website etc. And it seems that at least theoretically you can be barred if they catch you lying.she said you can't get a contact visit unless you're a relative although i found nothing official about that. Maybe she was mistaken , or maybe she wasn't. By the way, it seems that a "contact visit" isn't much, not even kissing. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong about this_i hope i am ! It also seems texas does not have conjugal visits even for married couples. Good luck to you and yours.

Andrew2
Old 11-18-2009, 11:10 PM

Default Contact visits

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew2 View Post
i'm sorry i can't help with your question because i have the same concern. My inmate suggested i say i'm her uncle, but i checked around the tdcj website etc. And it seems that at least theoretically you can be barred if they catch you lying.she said you can't get a contact visit unless you're a relative although i found nothing official about that. Maybe she was mistaken , or maybe she wasn't. By the way, it seems that a "contact visit" isn't much, not even kissing. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong about this_i hope i am ! It also seems texas does not have conjugal visits even for married couples. Good luck to you and yours.

Andrew2
p.s. I forgot to say, please let me know whatever you find out.
Thanks !
Old 12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Charles

Default do not lie

Non-contact visits suck!!! However its worth it!!!!Call a week ahead if you travel more than 300 miles and you will get a 4 hour visit.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Account Closed

what unit are you actually going to in Gatesville?
Old 12-24-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddavenjr View Post
what unit are you actually going to in Gatesville?
I believe it was the Terrace Unit