Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > PA DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

PA DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:47 AM

Default Transfered to quehanna for sip program

Yayyyyy the wait is finally over hes at quehanna now for the sip program does anyone have info about the process?.....i also wanted to know since he's in the sip program are the rules different for him or is it the same as the ones who were sentenced to boot camp? Any info is greatly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2009, 06:57 PM
Waiting Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsdiamondgirl View Post
Yayyyyy the wait is finally over hes at quehanna now for the sip program does anyone have info about the process?.....i also wanted to know since he's in the sip program are the rules different for him or is it the same as the ones who were sentenced to boot camp? Any info is greatly appreciated

I dont know anything about the SIP program but I do know that everything is different than the boot camp program. SIP inmates are housed separately from boot camp cadets, and are keep seperate in general. The SIP program isnt as strict with phone calls and visiting, I believe SIP inmates are allowed to have visits weekends, and phone calls are every week, but dont quote me. Quehanna is a nice place, alot better than Camp Hill, and visiting is better as well, although the drive is a bitch at least for me lol. Hope that helps you out at least a little bit.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Waiting Wife For This Useful Post:
antsdiamondgirl (07-30-2009)
Old 07-30-2009, 05:24 AM

Now that you're guy is there, he'll probably have to wait for enough guys get there to start the sip class. It took about a month after mine got there before they started. They're not as strict as the boot camp rules but they still have to do what they're told or they won't complete the program. The class will take 4 months to complete once it's started. After that it's another wait to get into a rehab. Good luck to you. This is not a very good program and he will need all the support you can give him. It's a very long 2 years. 3 months and 15 days till we are off it. I can't wait.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:42 AM

Smile Sip program....camphill...pittsburgh...now rehab

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsdiamondgirl View Post
Hi my guy is now going through the SIP Program. The way he told me, he said its not that bad, just time consuming, like that have something better to do....but he left county went to Camphill....was there appox. 2 months for classification....then sentenced via video conference....waited about one month.....then got transferred to Pittsburgh..... there he took all the classes he was suppose to take...he graduated from that after being there about 4 months....transferred to a rehab center in Reading, you had to make sure he had a hundred dollars in his account for bus transportation to Reading....he got on the bus at Pittsburgh, by himself ....stopped in Harrisburg, where he got another bus, and went to Reading, took him 8 hours.....and this is where he sits now.....He has to be there about 45 to 60 days taking all sorts of classes. There he is allowed to wear normal clothes ...which I just packed up and sent to him....he could smoke, he cant have food in his room, just the eating place. But I did read somewhere that they are very strict, and the classes are hard. He called me within 24 hours to let me know where he was at. I already knew via Inmate Search. He is now allowed to make only one phone call per week for only 15 minutes.....He said so far, its not bad.......after the 45 to 60 days, he will either go to a halfway house here, or come home, most likely come home, after a home inspection......thats it....