Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 01-16-2004, 06:09 PM

Default Moms with Daughters in Prison

I see so many posts with Mothers with sons in Prison and I thought I would start a thread for us Moms who have daughters in prison. I would like there input at what it is like for them. Is it different or is it basically the same as with our other moms? Do they cry just as hard or ask for as much. Do you take care of their children?

For me it is so hard to have my middle child in Prison. She was a good kid, having to grow up too fast. She had 2 kids before she was 18 rasing them fantastically, running a household like any old married woman..LOL..She worked for he better halfs(no they never married) parents earning spending money while he worked for a good tree service company. Then he decided drugs were more important than his family and she left taking her 2 girls with her. From there she flited between boyfriends getting PG again. Finding another boyfriend she married him*(2 months later) and things were fine until they both lost their jobs. He decided that robbing storage buildings and unoccupied homes was a more lucrative way to earn a living. End of story they got caught( she says he forced her to drive the car, sometimes leaving the girls at home alseep or even taking them in the carwith threats he would hurt her or the kids). 6 months after they were arressted we found out she was PG again and lucky she was released from county jail, had the baby (I have her now) before she actually went to State Prison to finish out all her court dates and start serving her time. She lucked up and went to work release but messed that up and is now back in State Prison crying every time she calls me. I am not so good about writing her as I have trouble using a pen and my printer is down now..I have many pages written here but I tell her on the phone when she calls. I wish I could send her $ but it has not been easy for us taking care of her daughter the last 4 years and she understands. She regrets her mistake back in April of last years and says she has learned from it. I hope so as she is up for a hearing sometime this year.

Sorry to rattle on but now lets hear from anyone else.

GSPack
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GSPack For This Useful Post:
annaluko (06-14-2008), Bobmom (11-28-2010), CCmom (02-21-2011), charlotte98 (05-11-2010), eveym08 (03-05-2009), fidget (09-07-2008), JJKsMom (01-11-2010), justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), lighthouse50 (02-01-2009), middlecookie (06-19-2010), Mother93001 (11-06-2009), odelljrg (03-08-2009), shandiggie (10-10-2012), TerryLee (06-21-2010), wickit (06-30-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2004, 01:17 PM

I also have a daughter in Prison. She is presently at Woodman State Jail, Gatesville ,Texas, doing her diagnostics. She spent 7 months in the county jail before arriving at Woodman. She's serving 6 years for her 3rd DWI.

Alcohol has been her problem for a number of years. She's been in AA, but sad to say, it hasn't helped, if anything it hurt. Many times after AA meetings 4 or 5 would go out drinking with her. However, I'm sure there are other AA chapters that are helpful. Leaha quit alcohol for a full year at one time. She did this on her own and I was so proud. Then... it was back to the same old thing.

Leaha has lost everything, her marriage, her home, her daughter, even every personal item she ever owned. This has got to be the rock bottom for her. I can only pray that she will find help and strength, while she is in prison.

Being away from her 10 year old daughter, is sheer torture for her. She tells me she can't afford to cry in there, but I know at night she cries many tears. My x son in law has custody of my grandaughter, and we're both fine with that. I help him by keeping my grandaughter when she's out of school for the summer, holidays, spring break, ect.
He has been good about taking my grandaughter to see her mother, but the new distance will hinder the visits now. I live 70 miles from my grandaughter, and 100 miles from my daughter.

I have 2 other daughters, and a son. They are angry at her, and don't write her. They are ashamed and embaressed, and can't help but see the hurt this has caused her father and I. My husband is there for me, and her, but he doesn't like to talk about it, so I'm still more or less alone in my support for her. She's my daughter and I love her, even though I don't approve of her mistakes.

Leaha, was always a nice clean person, dressed nicely, every hair in place. She hasn't been allowed make-up for 7 months, and her long hair is a problem, without a blow dryer. She's wearing a big, white, long dress now. They issued her a size 12 panties, and she's a small girl. These things won't hurt her, but it helps strip the girls of their dignaty.

We help with money in her Trust Fund, but it's hard keeping any in there, as the State takes out for her prescription medications, They order her new medication, when she has plenty. We really had a problem while she was in county. We have heard that the nurse there was heavy on drugs, the girls wouldn't get their meds, but the nurse said she put them on the tray. Rumor was, this nurse had OD'ed and was hospitalised at one time, but was put right back to work for the county jail.

Well I've rambled enough.
I would like to say that apparently, GS Pack and I had the same idea, at the same time. I started a new thread in the Texas Forum yesterday, entitled, "Any Female Inmates In Texas?" Information on females, and womens prisons, is very skimpy.
Thank you, GSPack for starting this thread.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Momma2 For This Useful Post:
fidget (09-07-2008), GSPack (09-26-2008), justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), kitkat2 (09-16-2010), Mother93001 (11-06-2009), TerryLee (06-21-2010), wickit (07-14-2009)
Old 01-17-2004, 01:32 PM

You are more than welcome Momma2~Eva. I only know of one other Mom at this time who just happens to live about 50 miles north of me(even from my home state) and her daughter is in prison in Idaho..a very long way from Central Alabama. I will PM her and let herknow she can add to "our" family. I see that you love gardening and camping also. Mine is Veggie as since I cant work outside the home maybe I can help provide food for the house summer and winter..LOL still new to this.
It is sad that our girls will have to learn in this manner that you can't break the law and get away with it..That somewhere down the road it will catch up with you. And at times they must understand that although we love them dearly we can not continue to enable them. They must learn that they r in control of their lives and that only they must make the decision on their own to do right. All we can do is give them guidance and love.
Thank you for responding

GSPack
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GSPack For This Useful Post:
justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), wickit (07-14-2009)
Old 01-18-2004, 08:43 PM

GSPack:

I have 2 daughters. My youngest one (my middle child) has done some stupid things, but luckily has not wound up in prison. She has always been my most stubborn. So, even though it's my son and not my daughter in prison, I can certainly feel for you. I can imagine how it must be. I'll be praying for her and for you. *HUGS*

"Justice is the means by which established injustices are sanctioned." - Anatole France

HE'S HOME!!!!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brian's Mom For This Useful Post:
Bobmom (11-28-2010), justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), plainmom (12-03-2013), wickit (07-14-2009)
Old 01-20-2004, 09:42 AM

Thaqnk you Brians Mom for your Kind thoughts as we all go thru this! It is refreshing to know that we Mom's are all in the same basis Mode, just a different child. I certainly hope that by seeing what their sister is going thru they will all think twice before they do something "stupid" that lands them into the hands of the "law".

GSPack
The Following User Says Thank You to GSPack For This Useful Post:
justjoni1223 (01-08-2009)
Old 01-20-2004, 11:44 AM

Hi Ladies...

I also have a daughter in the system...Like GS said...She is in Idaho and I am in Alabama...About 2500 miles apart...And it kills me on a daily basis!

She is my only child and the love of my life of course...

Just a bit of back ground here...

I am 22 years clean and sober Through the program of Alcoholics Anonymous...My daughter was 5 years old when I got clean...She would bring her color books and crayons to meetings with me and sit like such a good little girl...Which she was!....I had many friends through the program and all my friends became AA friends...I left the *Old Friends* behind!!...That is a very important part of being clean and sober....I had to stop the old way of life and start to find a new way of life....Everyone treated my daughter as though she was their own!

Through the years as she was growing up...she continued to go to meetings with me...and always told me she enjoyed them...She started high school...I was a school bus driver then...and she had many friends in school...She was at the time kind of a *Follower*...She began hanging with the he wrong kids...and of course one thing lead to another...At 17 she got PG...At first I was upset as school would be left behind to raise her child...(I have been a single parent through all of her life at this point).....We got through a VERY Hard pregnancy and my first Grandson was born!!!...Yes I was thrilled!!!...She was a Wonderful Momma....Caring...Loving and very much a part of his life!!!....They lived with me so there wouldn't be an issue of rent...I wanted her to be the best Mommy she could be....

I changed jobs when the baby was about a year old...I began driving a big truck in all 48 states...I would send $$ home for her to pay rent, bills, and such....to help her learn responsibility....I stayed on the road for about a year...and was able to come home (Washington State) and get a local job...

This meant I was there to baby-sit and she was able to spend some time out with her friends....I have to admit...I wasn't really aware of the friends she had made in the year I was away...One thing lead to another...She started doing DRUGS!!!....Not Drinking....I know there is absolutely no difference in one from the other...They are both mind altering and when one has an addiction it takes us all the same!!!.....She spent some time going to NA....Stayed clean long enough to get back together with the babies father and they were married...He being in the coast guard...They moved about 175 miles from home...Oh My Gosh...I was alone for the first time since my daughter was born in a huge 4 bedroom house!!!....I was a mess!!!

Their marriage didn't stay strong for long as she started using again...She ended up running away to Idaho with some guy and took the baby with her...It was 6 months till we found them...She was pregnant when she came back...BUT....The baby was her husbands...She was very sick as she had been before!....She and her son came and lived with me so I could help her and they were in some sense working on their marriage again....The second baby was born...and things seemed to get worse...She gave both boys to their daddy and she went off to Idaho again...

Things got bad from there...She met some guy...got pregnant again and had a third son...(Which at this time has been adopted)...She was in and out of trouble there and her final straw was when she was arrested for manufacturing and trafficking meth!

She was sentenced to 15 years...3 incarcerated....12 parole...

This has been the hardest thing in my life I have ever had to deal with!!...My *Baby Girl* in jail!!!

I have never been one to not say how I feel so if others ask how my daughter is or where...I have always told them...Much easier then having to tell some story!...Some have turned their nose up and left my life...Oh Well...I guess they weren't the friends I thought they were...Others have been right here for me all along....Feeling my pain and loneliness...

I am married now...(almost 7 years)To a wonderful man...He is understanding and caring about the whole thing and loves his step daughter with all his heart!

My daughter and I have the strongest relationship now, then we ever have had...She feels so terrible for the loss of her children...I don't need to say anything to her about it...that alone is her punishment...I know she lays her head on her pillow at night and cries her self to sleep....She has gotten so much crap from the others there that she's a baby ...and she just shines it on...Those are her children!!

She has so many times told me she knew she was with the wrong kind of people...(she no longer calls them her friends, they are not there for her now) and wishes she would have listened to her Mommy...I tell her she unfortunenlty had to go the path she did as she would never have learned the things she is learning now....

Please understand....I am not a mean person....But I strongly believe in tough love...I will go to hell for her....But I will Not Go WITH Her!!!....I have to remember that If I am not taking care of myself...I can Not take care of her or the things around me....

I write to her weekly...and accept Way more collect calls then I should...But I have to...I can tell from the sound of her voice when she says her name what kind of mood she is in...Which at times changes by the minute...I want her to know I am always there for her...I will NEVER Let her down...That no matter what seems to be going on at the moment...We can get though it Together!!

I love my daughter and always have...I have often Hated the things she has done...But I have never stopped loving Her!!!....I know we will get though all this...We both know it is in Gods hands now...She tells me *Her way Hurts...Gods Way Doesn't*....

I know my daughter will be home with us again...and I know it will be hard for her as well as for us...But I know the love we all have for one another...Will make it all work out fine!!!...She will be coming home to a new state...Will have to make new friends...And learn to live a different life style...But...I have faith in her!!...She can do it....I try to always be as positive as I can...No Matter what the situation....

I'm not sure if this has been helpful to anyone...But I do know it is helpful to me to share my feelings...And for that I am Grateful for each and everyone of you!!

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=10&day=9&offset=offs et"></script> Till Our *Baby Girl* Comes home!
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sthundr For This Useful Post:
alabamamom (10-29-2009), BUTTERCUP425 (05-01-2009), fidget (09-07-2008), flaming1 (02-24-2011), gjtruefaith (04-20-2013), HOLDINITDWN09 (09-07-2008), im his tia (07-02-2008), In The Dark (02-05-2009), JJKsMom (01-11-2010), justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), MamaSaid (06-04-2010), Mother93001 (11-06-2009), nygirlmiami (12-03-2010), pennyruez (03-12-2009), plainmom (12-03-2013)
Old 01-20-2004, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Alcohol has been her problem for a number of years. She's been in AA, but sad to say, it hasn't helped, if anything it hurt.
Momma 2.....
Just a bit of advice that may help you understand why you think AA didn't help...
Please never feel AA hurts...Trust me when I say that when she was in those meetings...There really was a *Seed* Planted in her head...She was just plain not ready to quit....Her friends from the meetings weren't her trouble...Her addiction was her trouble...

The addiction to drugs or alcohol is just that...An addiction...an addiction that tells us we Don't have an addiction and we can Handle anything!!!

There is truth to the words...You won't get sober or clean...*Till You Want To!!!!*
When we are in the throws of our addiction we hear only what is going on in our heads...Not in our hearts...

Always remember.....She is Not a Bad Girl Trying to get Good.....But a Sick Girl Trying to Get Well!!!!

Give her time...Lots of it...Be supportive!!!...Try an Al-Anon meeting to help you understand how you feel....Her addiction has Affected you also....

If you have questions...Please feel free to PM Me....I am a very good listener!

<script language="JavaScript" src="http://webapps.nerdsonsite.com/utility/countdown.cgi?year=2005&month=10&day=9&offset=offs et"></script> Till Our *Baby Girl* Comes home!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sthundr For This Useful Post:
gjtruefaith (04-20-2013), justjoni1223 (01-08-2009)
Old 01-20-2004, 04:20 PM

I also have a daugther in prison. She is at Cambridge Springs, right out side Erie. PA. I live 7 hours away. We try to see her once a month.It's a long boring trip. She got mixed up with an abusive guy who controlled her every move. Yes, we had some really bad fights and she did not listen to me. She was in love and she thought he would change. He beat her when he did not get his own way and he verbally abusived her. He's the reason my only baby is in prison. He is also in prison and I'm glad about that. She did not take the fall herself. She has been gone for 1 year and 4 months. It is os hard. She is my best friend. She just saw the parole board and we also had a home interview. She is approved to come home but we do not have an answer if she gets the parole. We will know in about 6 weeks. Chickie
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chickie For This Useful Post:
justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), _lovesosa (01-13-2014)
Old 01-21-2004, 10:52 AM

Welcome to the Moms with Dauighters Thread.... Glad you stopped in to say hello. From what I see these young ladies have a great support system from us and that no matter what reason they have gone to prison we have not and will not stop loving them. I like sthunder am not able to visit my daughter , for me because I don't drive and because my hubby works long hours (3 of which is spent driving to and from work) and 6-7 a week. I just dont want to ask him to make a 5 hr drive on his only day off if he is lucky enough to get one. My daughter understand this. An I too accept way to many phone calls, but with the way her prison is and their health care i take each and everyone of them since her Spider bite incident(she called and I did not accept it) and she was in the infirmry very very sick for the next five days....Hubby can just live with it as I pay for her calls out of my disability..LOL
Hoping to hear from more of us Moms!

GSPack
fidget (09-07-2008), justjoni1223 (01-08-2009)
Old 02-03-2004, 08:49 PM

Good Evening Moms..I havent seen anyone post in a while so I am assuming we are getting on well. At this time my daughter and i await for something tohappen. She went thru an interviw program that helps girls get out on an earlier parole and it seems to have never gotten off the ground as far as she is concerned. serveral girls that have gone thru the same process have gotten early hearing dates and then parole and off to the program. We also sit and wait to see how the regular parole hearing go. She has been out of the main prison for about 3 months now, but no work release as of yet, not even an inkling of it. By now she regrets evwer making the decision of "they won't beleive me" so I will just go anyway! Now her only source of extra money for some reason has ended, so i must struggle and find a way to send her money for the "little things". She now has no paper or enveloppe in which to write letters and refuses to borrow any. I told her to start writing them on the backs of the letters I send her to save her extra paper for someone else. She rolls ciggys for the other inmates to earn ciggys of her own..OMG I cant even imagine how that must be...I fear that by the time she comes out she will not be my "little girl" anymore. She was always the strong one of the bunch..but now i don't know anymore. She has female prolems and I know she is not getting the care there that she should be and I find Myself worrying beyond belief. Oh so much for mothering from long distance. I will be so glad when she is able to move closer to home. I pray that that day will come soon!

GSPack
Old 02-16-2004, 09:53 AM

Just an update that all is still on the same plod plod just like the Alabama Parole Board wants us to do. We do have a bill going before the legislature that would enable the board to go ahead and set hearing dates sooner rather than have to wait on answer from the Victims of such crimes. When it gets passes is another matter all together! I hope everyone is doing fine and our Girls are doing great!

GSPack
justjoni1223 (01-08-2009), Time2013 (04-16-2013)
Old 03-25-2004, 12:36 PM

Good Afternoon Ladies and Moms! I see that no one, including myself have posted here in a month or so and thought I'd jump in here and see how everyone is doing and how are our "girls". I hadnt told anyone for fear it would jinx it , but my daughter had applied for a program that if she had been accepted she would have been [paroled to them for a 2 year stint..they would have found her work and helped her adjust to the outside and also helped her in a lot of other ways..even after a time she would have been able to come home and live with us..this was in lue of waiting for a regular parole hearing which still seems so far away since the Parole board is still along way behind(she became elegible in Oct03, no date set yet). This was last October and she has watch over 20 others get accepted and leave prison, but not her so last week she signed up for Work Release so we are hoping within the next 2-3 weeks I will get a call saying" I am in B'ham..bring me my trunk and personal Hygene MOM!" I so want this to happen for several reasons, but mostly as it has been almost a year since we have seen her, hugged her or even told her face to face that we still love her! It would be a fantastic Easter prsent as that was our last visit of 03 right before she was sent back to Tutwiler.
How's everyone else doing....????? I am in the mists of getting my veggie garden going ready to plant cabbage, brocolli and tomato sets and some spinach and radish seeds and SWEET PEAS!!
Have a nice day and looking to seeing you all post!

GSPack
Old 03-25-2004, 07:34 PM

Hi Gspack,

I Am So Happy To Read That Your Daughter Is Signing Up For The Work Program. Being Able To Come Home Is Great. That Would Be A Fantastic Easter Present.

I Hope Your Garden Brings You Plenty Of Vegetables. What You Are Planting Sounds Good.

Just Want To Say One Thing, Nice Having You Back. You Been Gone For A Long Time. Missed You.

Joan
The Following User Says Thank You to JOAN CORRIVEAU For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2004, 08:51 PM

Thank you Joan and yes it is good to come back and see old friends..Hope I can visit more often...Just spring is a busy time of the year for me and the granddaughter is chomping at the bit to get outside now that it is warm and sunny!

GSPack
Old 03-31-2004, 11:17 AM

Hello everyone!

I am a 40 year old daughter, facing federal prison. My mother is in another state and 1200 miles away. I have not told her I am in trouble yet. I've been in trouble before. At that time she told me "You have ruined your life and you will never recover" That was in 1992. Since then I did start over and re-build my life. I have been married now for over 4 years and I have a daughter who just turned three. I am just devasted that I have re-offended. And so sorry, that this time I am not only hurting myself but also my husband and child. My husband is wonderful. He says I am his soulmate and that I make him complete. He says he is not divorcing me and will wait. I think I am looking at 1-2 years. I am afraid to tell my mother. At times our relationship has been difficult. I appreciate reading this thread. It warms my heart to see all the Mom's who stand by their daughters and still love them despite their mistakes.

Sheryl
The Following User Says Thank You to sbrown110 For This Useful Post:
Time2013 (04-16-2013)
Old 03-31-2004, 01:52 PM

Welcome to this thread and yes your post is greatly appreciated Sheryl. You sound very much like a stron young lady and when the time is right you need to tell your Mom. Yes she will be upset and probably angry..or even say..I told you so..But We are all humans and for what ever was your reason..you are not a bad person. You just made some wrong choices and they resulted in punishment. You have to be a good person as you stated your dh has promised to support you and wait for you, while taking care of "Your child" meaning both of you. Don't dispare and come here to PTO and you will find all sorts of friends and ongoing support as the time gets closer. Be sure to have your hubby join PTO so he has us to support him while you begin this new journey. It will help him greatly and alllow him a place to vent or just say hello to your friends. Show him the ropes so he's not lost the first few days. This will get both of you thru the rough spots while he waits for his first phone call and letter!

(HUGS) GSPack
PS I sent you a PM so check it out!
Old 04-12-2004, 11:10 AM

Good Morning Ladies Here on Moms with daughters thread!

Well we got word that daughters work release was turned down. She is now filing an appeal and hope that this board will see some good in her that the other board missed.
I am assuming the PTO position in hope she will get to WorkRelease soon. Otherwise she has to wait till June to reapply. Here hoping everyone had a Nice Easter.our granddaughter enjoyed this one and I hope she shares the memories with her Mom soon!

GSPack
Old 04-12-2004, 12:35 PM

Hi Gspack,

I Am So Sorry To Hear What Happened With Your Daughter. I Wish Your Daughter Luck With The Appeal.

I Will Keep You And Your Daughter In My Prayers.

I Will Keep My Fingers Crossed.

Joan
Old 04-12-2004, 05:07 PM
pammie55us

Hi Ladies....I don't have a daughter in prison, but I do know that no matter if it's a son or a daughter we all love our children....Just know that it's gonna get easier and hopefully things will get easier for ya soon....GSPack....glad your back and I'm so glad to hear the good news....Keep us informed as whats going on....I agee with Joan the veggies sound great...whens dinner gonna be....LOL....Hugs...Pam & Shanes Mom
Old 04-13-2004, 10:36 AM

LOL Thank you Joan and Pammie for the well wishes and the prayers....Today is yucky too cold to do any Veggie Gardening..and with Already 2 inches of rain I sure hope we dont havea repeat of last years 17 inches of rain...we were like drowned rats....LOL

GSPack
Old 04-13-2004, 04:58 PM
pammie55us

GSPack, I understand about the rain ......Last year we havd floods like we haven't had in almost 100 yrs.....It was a mess....This year has been really dry and now it's rained for 3 days straight....It seems it's either feast or famin...LOL....Hope that things are going better and know that your in my prayers....Pam...Matt & Shanes Mom
Old 07-30-2004, 08:48 PM

Good Evening Moms with Daughters In Prison...My My has it been 3 months since anyone added to my thread???Guess it got lost in the shuffle of new news and Newbies joining our fantastic site of PTO...Where would we all be right?? Fast Update on me and DD.

Me first: In May I got a call from a sick friend asking me if i would please come and stay with his wife(she is bedrriden from a stroke several years ago) and he had been in the hospital for severe infection but had to come home as she had no one there with her 24 hrs a day. So off I go and before I can get arrangements made we find out he is terminal...2 weeks later I lost him..but I am so glad the Lord allowed the time to spend with him and I learned to love his wife dearly..she is such a joy to be around.

On June 16th I got on an airplane along with my 4 1/2 yr old granddaughter and we flew to Maryland in order to meet my very first online friend(we have corresponded since April of 2003) and spent 3 glorious weeks relaxing and learning great parenting techniques...."I am the adult and you are the child" Time outs.. Sit on Bed(really bad infraction)...and early to bed (in 15 min increments)U really have to be bad..like saying no to MawMaw more than once..you get the drift. I came home a changed Grandma and I am finally the adult in my house..Wellllllll most of the time...Hehehehehe

My Daughter...Well she lost her appeal for Work Release and has since again been turned down for work release. On July 14th she was up for a parole hearing. Due to a conflict in questionoing by the prison interviewers and then the attorney for this 2 yr program she would have been inducted into, about her use of Alcolhol( which is pretty much non existent) the attorney marked that she did have a problem with alchol..because this was not true and she had never been made to take SAP..the board turned her down and said she had to take SAP. Now he is supposed to be writing a letter to the board withdrawing his comment about the alchohol abuse and supposedly they will take the SAP requirement off her sheets. A few days later the "TOLD HER TO PACK HER BAGS"
They sent her up the Hill in a manner that scared her half to death..more security for them when inmate is turned down for parole...she called home(I was in MD ) alll frightened and upset..I had to get Pawpaw to FED EXpress my paperwork with my phonelogs to call and help straigthen out this mess...Now she is back down the hill and was doing bathroom cleaning and a week ago Friday they have put her out in this heat doing lawn/yard work at the Wardens Residence...She is having female problems bad enough that the Health Care DR. there tell her they need to do surgery on her. She has been putting this off because she surely thought with no disciplinaries since been back the last 15 months she would get paroled and she could get this done on the outside. She called the other night complaining of severe pain and all she can get is the ibruphrophen they sell off the canteen. I really worry about her working in this heat with all these problems.

We are fine here at home..the garden went to hoot and and basket while I was gone and I lost all but some scragally tomatoe plants and the ones I planted before I left just might do something as I have been giving them TLC daily. The beds were full of grass almost better than the lawn itself....LOL I got the tiller out and tilled till I was blue in the face..Got 3 wheelbarrels full so far...Next I pulled the brocooli out and some of the cabbage heads that didnt make.. Granddaughter's Sunflowers grew and grew and I swear some of them were 10 feet tall..but the birds got most of the seeds before i got home...Not to mention the Cotton Tail rabbits ate the Yellow neck squash.I had about 6 cukes that look almost like footballs..still some grow so we will see what happens. So it is on to clearing and prepping the soil to plant a fall garden...Oh did I mention that my bedding plants pretty much survived and I have the most awesome colored Mums full of brownish burgundy blooms and the other one is a cream colored not quite pink that has bloomed too. I missed the glads bloom but one waited till I got home and the fist bloom peeked out the first morning I woke up. The morning Glories have taken over the wildflower patch I planted at the foot of the Oak trunk(right out the front door below the porch) although with the help of the puppies digging nesting spots to lay in the cool smelly soil!! Oh well next year I'll find a way to keep them out!!!!

Hope everyone has had a good summer and please come back and update our thread!

GSPack
ALABAMA Lady
Old 08-02-2004, 06:12 PM

Hi Gspack,

Nice To See You Back On Line.

I Am So Sorry To Hear About You Daughter Illness And Not Getting The Work Program.

I Am So Happy You Got To Meet Someone From Pto.

As For Your Garden, There Always Next Year.

Welcome Back.

Joan
Old 08-02-2004, 07:10 PM

THANK yOU JOAN IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK AMONG "FAMILY AGAIN".
Old 08-09-2004, 08:40 AM

Just an update from. Have found out that my daughter is again suffereing from her Chronic Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. She was on bathroom cleaning duty after beeing sent back down the hill, but someone had the bright idea to change her up and now they have her on outside Lawn Matenance mowing, weedeating and using a hand sling blade from 7 in the morning until 4 or 5 pm. With the past few weeks of heat and her female disorder she has been in constant pain. She has turned in request forms to see the health care but to no avail. I worry with the constant bleeding last time she told me was 13 straight days she will collaspe out of exhaustion..not to mention she doesnt eat right in the heat as we women sometimes do. I am afraid to call and make waves as I dont want any trouble for her and she requests that I not do it. Guess we just both needed a place to vent. No News from the parole board and the attorneys letter having an effect on their decision. Guess it was a waste of his time...Go figure..
Well hope all our daughters are in better shape than mine and wishing you all a great Week!

GSPack