Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Probation, Parole, Pardons, and Modification
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Probation, Parole, Pardons, and Modification This forum is for general information and questions concerning Oklahoma probation, parole, pardons, post conviction relief, judicial reviews, and appeals.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM

Default sentencing/afcf question plz help

Can someone help me understand? My brother has twice been convicted of felonies and served time, once for drug charges.

However he has now been charged with endeavoring to manufacture a cds-afcf.

We know hes going back the question is how long? I thought afcf was a minimum 20 years but I am getting conflicting info?? My family is trying to decide whether to hire an expensive lawyer or let a public defender do it if there's nothing to be done anyway.

If someone can explain how this works or point me somewhere better I would appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2009, 12:33 AM
ghostsbabygirl

it's up to the DA's office and what the judge accepts. I know someone who just out the other night and had all his drug charges and endeavoring to manufacture C (AFCF). Him and his wife gave up names to others (snitched) and got all charges suspended. just depends on the DA and what they want to do with this case.

My husband was only facing 6 yrs (part drug charges) but since he jumped bond we know the DA can add more years to their offer now. every case is different.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:55 AM
Donation Award 

Is this state or fed ? I know the fed's use the point system the more the drugs the higher the points go and his past are also points. They have a guide lines chart...and the bed new is they hit hard real hard....my son's is fed he has been in co jails for 15 months..as the fed don't have jail in our area ( or any that i know of ? ) so they pay the state to keep you until, court..and the co your in gets full you moved to a co that can find some room for you he has moved 5-6 times some times as far way as 5 hrs ..but i still go to that co jail to see him. He will go to court this month, so i don't know about your state rules if it's state... As i am so lost myself. I did get him a lawyer but we shell see. I wish you all the best, sorry to hear
this for him & your family..this is a hard time for so many
god bless you i feel your hurt if it's fed i can tell you so far how all this has went for my son.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostsbabygirl View Post
it's up to the DA's office and what the judge accepts. I know someone who just out the other night and had all his drug charges and endeavoring to manufacture C (AFCF). Him and his wife gave up names to others (snitched) and got all charges suspended. just depends on the DA and what they want to do with this case.

My husband was only facing 6 yrs (part drug charges) but since he jumped bond we know the DA can add more years to their offer now. every case is different.
So did they have a deal with the cops in writing or was there only some spoken agreement? I've heard the cops will promise anything but then fail to deliver on their end.

I understand it's up to the DA and judge, but where can I find out how the law actually reads?

Thanks a lot for you reply.
Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 PM
ghostsbabygirl

I don't the details but he is out and the agreement is signed by the judge and he was released that night. He had $56,000 in bonds since had AFCF but now has 6 yrs unsupervised probation. that's a hell of a deal since he should of gotten at least 25 yrs in prison. the other 2 are still sitting in jail facing the charges. all of knows he was guilty since he is a heave meth addict and was bragging about cooking dope.

I understand not trusting, my husband sure doesn't and that's why he is still facing his drug charges.

Good luck!

Last edited by ghostsbabygirl; 07-12-2009 at 10:58 PM..