Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH DAKOTA > SD Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

SD Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss South Dakota prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Ex-Felon

Default Save $$$$ by using skype to receive calls from inmates

Found another inexpensive way for South Dakota family's to save money talking with inmates in Sioux Falls or Rapid city.
Skype.com is a computer/software based telephone system. For only $30 a year you can get a phone number out of Sioux Falls or Rapid city. Then when you family member calls that local number it will go straight to your skype phone. Regardless of where you live. The inmate cannot call you collect. He/she must use there phone account money. But since they are calling a local telephone number it will cost under $2.00 for a 20 minute phone call. For an $3.00 a month via skype. You can have all calls that go to your skype phone number forward to any number in the USA. NO Long distance charges. No worry about missing his/her phone call.
Skype is awesome even if your not going to use it for incarcerated family members it still great to have. I no longer have a home phone. I used to pay $40 a month for a home phone with caller ID and call waiting. I switched to skype and now only pay apprx $60 a year for unlimited phone calls USA. Have a real phone number people can call. You do need high speed internet for skype to work properly.

1986 until 2002

S.D.S.P, Jameson Annex - The day it opened, The West farm, Springfield, Yankton & Redfield. Many good friends still incarcerated.

Last edited by Torch; 07-07-2009 at 01:14 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Torch For This Useful Post:
Junipersmile (10-24-2010), Taxidriver (11-03-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM

hi sir do we can used from out side USA??
Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 PM

I use skyp and thought you might be able to answer a question for me.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:49 PM

I use it to talk to my fiance almost every day. But I don't know if it is possible to talk to him over the computer. I have to press 5 to accept his call and there is no key pad to do this if I talk to him on line so don't know if you can help. It works great otherwise by using my cell phone. It's alot cheaper then it would be otherwise.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Ex-Felon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyelimai View Post
I use it to talk to my fiance almost every day. But I don't know if it is possible to talk to him over the computer. I have to press 5 to accept his call and there is no key pad to do this if I talk to him on line so don't know if you can help. It works great otherwise by using my cell phone. It's alot cheaper then it would be otherwise.
If you have a Skpe phone number it should work. Once you receive a call on skype one of the buttons opens up a key pad. So you should be able to press 5.

I also know a person who uses a google voice number in sioux falls.

1986 until 2002

S.D.S.P, Jameson Annex - The day it opened, The West farm, Springfield, Yankton & Redfield. Many good friends still incarcerated.