Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW HAMPSHIRE
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

NEW HAMPSHIRE Topics and conversations dealing with the State of New Hampshire - Department of Corrections, Criminal Justice System, Prisoner & Family Support, News & Information, etc.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:01 PM

Default I am disgusted - scary prison stories.

Im reading all these scary stories, wondering if its gonna be my man next. hes new there, and his "co-defendent" is there and hes not saying very nice things about him, things are in fact not even true! SO needless to say my man is a lil worried about whats to come. Right now hes in r&d so theres a chance nothing wil happen soon, but if this kid really wants to start a war, im sure he can do it. The worse part is, is J (my man) wont back down, ever, ESP when he knows its bullsh*t lies! Hes a big dude and lived the "street" life. He doesnt take kindly to disrespect and this is not his first time in the system. The differeance now, is this....he has a steady family, hes got children, children that are older now, 7&10 and they know whats happening vs being clueless at 2&5. Also, I am pregnant, only 8 weeks, but I am very high risk, I could lose this baby at any time. so hes got enough on his hands.

When he went back, he was only thinking to stay to himself and get this done and over with so we can move on. After his call today, that all changed. So i am wondering who or where i can call to make a differance. I dont want you all to be reading an article where my man is the victim! I want to put an end to this violence and understaffing, NOT just for Js sake, but for every other inmate as well. Its just not fair!

iIf anyone has any leads of programs, companies, numbers ect where I can get started to help take a stand for these guys in concord mens prison, please let me know! I feel like im going crazy with worry...and reading these stories just didnt help, but I know it IS reality!

Thanks in advance!!

~DEE~
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 12:01 AM
I will allways be there!!

Default Also looking for solutions

This is very scary, but the only thing I have been able to figure out to do is to get the information out there anywhere you can. There are groups on Yahoo Groups that have Prison and Political connections throughout the country, including NH that you can go to to get info and help. The people quoted in the article in the Nashua Telegraph are the NH Commisioner of Prisons and the Communications Director, so the people in charge know what is going on. If you come up with any ideas please let the rest of us with guys there know so we can help also. One last thing is to stress to your guy to watch his back, use his brain not his muscles, and be part of the solution not the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgirl05 View Post
Im reading all these scary stories, wondering if its gonna be my man next. hes new there, and his "co-defendent" is there and hes not saying very nice things about him, things are in fact not even true! SO needless to say my man is a lil worried about whats to come. Right now hes in r&d so theres a chance nothing wil happen soon, but if this kid really wants to start a war, im sure he can do it. The worse part is, is J (my man) wont back down, ever, ESP when he knows its bullsh*t lies! Hes a big dude and lived the "street" life. He doesnt take kindly to disrespect and this is not his first time in the system. The differeance now, is this....he has a steady family, hes got children, children that are older now, 7&10 and they know whats happening vs being clueless at 2&5. Also, I am pregnant, only 8 weeks, but I am very high risk, I could lose this baby at any time. so hes got enough on his hands.

When he went back, he was only thinking to stay to himself and get this done and over with so we can move on. After his call today, that all changed. So i am wondering who or where i can call to make a differance. I dont want you all to be reading an article where my man is the victim! I want to put an end to this violence and understaffing, NOT just for Js sake, but for every other inmate as well. Its just not fair!

iIf anyone has any leads of programs, companies, numbers ect where I can get started to help take a stand for these guys in concord mens prison, please let me know! I feel like im going crazy with worry...and reading these stories just didnt help, but I know it IS reality!

Thanks in advance!!

~DEE~

Last edited by Lou103156; 06-30-2009 at 12:09 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Lou103156 For This Useful Post:
jsgirl05 (07-04-2009)
Old 06-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Donation Award 

Protecting inmates from other inmates should be part of the prison's duties and reducing guard numbers does not address that issue in my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to pmitch10 For This Useful Post:
jsgirl05 (07-04-2009)
Old 07-01-2009, 01:04 AM
I will allways be there!!

I absolutly agree! Reducing Guard numbers makes the situation worse. From what I am seeing the officials need to admit the problems and beg for more guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmitch10 View Post
Protecting inmates from other inmates should be part of the prison's duties and reducing guard numbers does not address that issue in my opinion.
jsgirl05 (07-04-2009)
Old 07-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,127 Posts
Default Remember, silence and complacency...

The best we can do is to write letters to the NH legislators below. Let them know how you feel as family-members and loved-ones of inmates behind the wall. Suggest to each of them how you want to see this issue resolved, ie; funding of guards/programs. Remember, silence and complacency is your worst enemy.

Lou D'Allesandro 332 St. James Ave. Manchester, NH 03102-4950
(H) 669-3494 (C) 271-2600 dalas@leg.state.nh.us

Harold Janeway 225 Tyler Road Webster, NH 03303
(H) 271-7585 harold.janeway@leg.state.nh.us

Sylvia B. Larsen 23 Kensington Rd. Concord, NH 03301
(H) 225-6130 (C) 271-2111 sylvia.larsen@leg.state.nh.us

Margaret W. Hassan 107 North Main Street , Room 302, Concord, NH
(H) 772-4187 (C) 271-2106 maggie.hassan@leg.state.nh.us

Kathleen G. Sgambati 25 Pine Street Tilton, NH 03276
(H) 286-8931 (C) 271-2641 kathleen.spambati@leg.state.nh.us

John T. Gallus 292 Prospect Street Berlin, NH 03570-2137
(H) 752-1066 (C) 271-3077 john.gallus@leg.state.nh.us

Bob Odell Box 23, Lempster, NH 03605-0023
(H) 863-9797 (C) 271-6733 bob.odel@leg.state.nh.us
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:
jsgirl05 (07-04-2009), pmitch10 (07-02-2009), tarab (09-08-2010)
Old 07-03-2009, 10:21 AM

wich one of those are best to write to regarding prison issues? does it matter, like does anyone deal with the prison specifically? should i email all of them? i really want to have a voice in this! thanks for all the info so far!

Our precious miracle baby girl joined us on 1/12 <3

<3 DADDYS PRINCESS <3

~my tickers wrong...parole 12/2 and he will be home by CHRISTMAS~
Old 07-03-2009, 03:49 PM

I've been dealing with issues similar to yours with my fiance and the prison system. We started having problems early in May... he was FINALLY transferred to county today! It takes a LOT of work, and a LOT of phone calls, requests and proof in order for the prison to do anything.
I suggest you start with having your man write a letter to his unit manager regarding the situation, make sure he INCLUDES names of people making threats! That will get the ball rolling. Good luck!!!

I will forever be devoted and I will wait as long as it takes... te amo mucho con todo mi corazon para siempre, tu eres mi unico, papi!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ramon's Wife For This Useful Post:
armybrat (09-19-2010), jsgirl05 (07-04-2009)
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,354 Times in 3,127 Posts
Default "Use his brain not his muscles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramon's Wife View Post
I've been dealing with issues similar to yours with my fiancé and the prison system. We started having problems early in May... he was FINALLY transferred to county today! It takes a LOT of work, and a LOT of phone calls, requests and proof in order for the prison to do anything.
I suggest you start with having your man write a letter to his unit manager regarding the situation, make sure he INCLUDES names of people making threats! That will get the ball rolling. Good luck!!!
Very good advice, and I agree! In order for him to survive this threat, he MUST stay focused on his family and his future. Eventually those who are causing this mess will mean Nada to him, once he is released. He must not give them what they want. Because it could mean more prison time for him.

As Lou103156 pointed out; "One last thing is to stress to your guy to watch his back, use his brain not his muscles, and be part of the solution not the problem". Great advice Lou!

Also, write in "snail-mail" (Not Email) to all the addresses I posted above. The more noise you make, the better. You can type-up a final draft and send copies to all of the above. Be respectful and show real concern about the lack of guards, the effect it has on Inmate-safety (especially for your man's safety) and with the safety of the other guards as well. Be polite yet firm, make them take notice in your writing!
God Bless~
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cactus For This Useful Post:
jsgirl05 (07-04-2009), pmitch10 (07-07-2009)
Old 07-04-2009, 03:51 PM

Wink update:

i am going to start the process next week. Hes willing to transfer to berlin, or even maybe go back to county? his min is 18 months though, so idk if he can go back to county. i did call the unit counselor, she told me he has to initaite any help, my word doesnt mean jack! then she went and spoke with him, he called me after. all she told him was that i cant call as much!!!

he doesnt want to transfer anywhere, he is going to have to put down a lot of pride to do this, BUT if he is serious about reclaiming his life when he gets out, you all are right...these people wont matter to him! hes usually very good at sticking up for himself, but yes, using his head and not his muscles is the problem, so he doesnt end up with more prison time!

so, as he fills out transfer paperwork, i will be addressing the higher ups, cuz even after this is cleared up, theres many other men in there faced with the same issues, and the lack of staff and obv the counselors lack of support doesnt help! this is def a movement that i will be involved in! if anyone wants to help...have at it!

i was also lurking around this whole site today...its HUGE! blew my mind! but anyway, i noticed there are petitions...i was wondering if anyone knows if a petition to bring back NH good time has been started? If so..where do i sign? and if not, ill think ill start it

thanks for all the support so far...its been a great help!!!

Our precious miracle baby girl joined us on 1/12 <3

<3 DADDYS PRINCESS <3

~my tickers wrong...parole 12/2 and he will be home by CHRISTMAS~