Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KANSAS > Kansas Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kansas Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Kansas prisons.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:39 PM

Question How is it at lansing?

well right now my hubby is currently in minimum at larned but is wanting to mabe get moved to lansing. lansing is pretty much the closest facility for me to go visit him. i was just wondering if anyones loved ones been to larned then gone to lansing and how they thought bout it all.. like if they thought it was better at lansing?.. even if anyones got any info or thoughts about lansing would be great
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2009, 04:38 PM
bigwhip

Luke has been there before...he said Lansing is the worst facility. I want him to move there to be close to me, but he says it's all about beat-downs and stabbings and that it's really hard to stay out of trouble there.
bambina83 (06-23-2009)
Old 06-22-2009, 05:11 PM

dang 4real?.. see i heard it was kinda bad but i wasnt sure.. is ur man in minimum also?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 AM
bigwhip

I wish..he is still in medium custody.
bambina83 (06-23-2009)
Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 AM

oic.. yea the good things ive heard is from minimum.. i just wasnt sure if it actually is different for minimums in lansing.. or if minimum is just as bad as medium n up..
i kno that lansing would be closer but id rather him be in a better enviroment..
i wish i knew what the difference would be if i was to ask him to get moved lol
Old 06-23-2009, 12:52 PM

Hated it at Lansing, there is lots going on there and lots of reasons to get into trouble. Also the visits are just way crowded...But that is in medium. My kids dad was in lansing like about 9 years ago and it was minimum and it was really nice, if it could be called that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Harsh For This Useful Post:
bambina83 (06-23-2009)
Old 06-23-2009, 09:23 PM

yea i had a feeling it might b crowded for visits there.. minimum or med, whichever prob get pretty packed on weekends now.. thnx for that info.. so far i havnt heard much about lansing thats good lol..
Old 06-24-2009, 10:43 AM

Default question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambina83 View Post
yea i had a feeling it might b crowded for visits there.. minimum or med, whichever prob get pretty packed on weekends now.. thnx for that info.. so far i havnt heard much about lansing thats good lol..

how is it at larned my husband is in minium at winfield he got transferred there from eldorado north when they closed and he dont like it there he wants to try to get transferred to larned so how is it there
The Following User Says Thank You to jandb For This Useful Post:
bambina83 (06-24-2009)
Old 06-24-2009, 11:10 AM

I liked larned, matt did to. It is sort of a laid back camp. The visits were nice and all that. Yeah I wish he could go back to larned, he did not get in as much trouble there. He has been to lansing, ellsworth, hutch, eldorado, and larned this time around and yeah I think and so does he that larned was the best, but they don't offer alot of programs and that is why he got transferred.
bambina83 (06-24-2009)
Old 06-24-2009, 08:51 PM

well.. me i think larned is pretty good.. even with some guards that have powertrips.. and i only been to 1 visit so far, prob will finnally get to go on sat again.. but i agree the visits are pretty nice there.. which is kinda another reason id rather my hubby just stay at larned even if it means less visit. but as far as all that ive heard its best at larned, and yea seems like there isnt too much trouble to get into there, which is good, sux bout the programs but luckly the hubby started his ged classes recently. im gonna just tell the hubby that ill try to come n visit as much as possible bc i think larned is good for him rt now.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:53 PM

Have you thought about maybe car pooling with someone, ellsworth is only about 1 hour or so from larned, if you couldn't find someone that goes to larned to car pool with maybe you could find someone from ellsworth. Just a thought
bambina83 (06-29-2009)
Old 06-26-2009, 05:23 AM

Hey , well My man is in LAnsing Min ! He was there and then moved to osawotomie and then when they closed he was moved back .. Visits are okay . I mean the gaurd are not to bad but as for the rest He says its the worst he has been at so far it seems like he is always getting DR's And its hard to get anything done with the unit team , but this could just be with us lol !! But he has been there about two years . not including the 4 months he was in Osawotomie .Hopefully if he is moved there all will go okay for you guys ! Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Brigen For This Useful Post:
bambina83 (06-29-2009)
Old 06-29-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Harsh View Post
Have you thought about maybe car pooling with someone, ellsworth is only about 1 hour or so from larned, if you couldn't find someone that goes to larned to car pool with maybe you could find someone from ellsworth. Just a thought
thanks,
yea so far idk anyone there but luckly after my second visit to larned i actually know my way lol.. i was too worried bout getting lost b4 that i had to have my dad take me lol.. but now that i know my way i dont have to really depend on anyone to take me
Old 06-29-2009, 04:25 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigen View Post
Hey , well My man is in LAnsing Min ! He was there and then moved to osawotomie and then when they closed he was moved back .. Visits are okay . I mean the gaurd are not to bad but as for the rest He says its the worst he has been at so far it seems like he is always getting DR's And its hard to get anything done with the unit team , but this could just be with us lol !! But he has been there about two years . not including the 4 months he was in Osawotomie .Hopefully if he is moved there all will go okay for you guys ! Good luck
thanks for the post,
see i guess my hubbys been getting alot of diff things from other inmates.. some saying its great and wish they could b there instead and some saying its the worst lol.. but as far as i see it.. since hes good where hes at why risk it ya kno.. ill juss deal with having to travel further for now rather than him losing good time and what not..
i think that alot of the write ups and DRs r just because some guards have power trips and also look down at the inmates or something.. inmates can get written up for just the littlest thing.. there supposed to be helping them be a better person but how is treating them like a child doing that? lol.. i mean getting a DR sometimes for juss having an attitude? lol comeon..
idk mabe its just me and mabe they got some reason for those kinda things but thas kinda what i think
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 AM

I agree with you on the guards have power trips . My man just lost 17 days for work performance ! Yeah really sucked . I understand that he is a prisoner but he's not a dog and they want to work them like they are ! And Brian has a big mouth . And has to say somthing . Gotta love him lol . But then because he does things like that he has already lost months and we end up getting into a fight and whatever .So yeah if your man is happy where he is and things are going well Id say stay ! . I know just how you feel about being so far away though because I am about 7 hours from Lansing . We tried to get him moved to Winfiled because that is closer but it never happen . I am just so ready for all this bs to be over .But arent we all lol .. I do hope that things work out for you though !
The Following User Says Thank You to Brigen For This Useful Post:
bambina83 (06-30-2009)
Old 06-29-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambina83 View Post
thanks,
yea so far idk anyone there but luckly after my second visit to larned i actually know my way lol.. i was too worried bout getting lost b4 that i had to have my dad take me lol.. but now that i know my way i dont have to really depend on anyone to take me
Yeah isn't larned like a complete hick town, my cousins live there and I go visit every now and then, the place just cracks me up.