Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > Alabama Prisons & Jails > Kilby Correctional Facility (Reception Center) - Alabama
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Kilby Correctional Facility (Reception Center) - Alabama Topics and discussion specific to Kilby Correctional Facility, the ADOC reception center for men, in Mt. Meigs, Alabama.

Old 06-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Dale's Girl

Default Visitation at Kilby

My fiancee will be headed to Kilby either this week or next week for processing, then on to another site for 16 months. Will I be able to visit him while he is at Kilby for processing or will I have to wait until he gets to his next site before I can visit? Also, how long does the processing usually take and will he be able to use the telephone during processing?

If I had to choose between loving you, and breathing
I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 02:18 AM

My son has been at Kilby for 2 weeks, and he told me there is no visitation until they get to where they will be finally. The processing has taken 2 weeks for my son, but he told me today he would probably be there another 2 weeks. They have to take tests and have a physical...the classification is pretty intense, they are not in general population until it's finished. They can use the phone but you have to use the Global tel system, and it is expensive, it is calculated by the mile. I live in E. Limestone and calls from Kilby are about 7.50 per 15 minute call. My son had a class A misdemeanor (assault) and a 3rd degree burglary, and he has to do the SAP program. I am praying it will be at E. Limestone, it is less than 5 minutes from my house. I hope the time passes quickly for you both. Kilby has been hard for my son, he has had a lot of his stuff stolen starting from the first day. It is a big adjustment coming from county jail to Kilby, but hopefully it will be over soon. Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladyofone For This Useful Post:
dalesone (06-22-2009)
Old 07-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Dale's Girl

I heard from my man the same day he got to Kilby. Now I can't wait to go see him.

If I had to choose between loving you, and breathing
I would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU![/quote]