Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > U.S. Federal Legal News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

U.S. Federal Legal News Legal Related News & Information for the U.S. Federal Court System

Old 05-23-2009, 12:58 PM
LovinHimNoMatterWhat!!!

Exclamation new bills for federal inmates!!!!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-1466

The above link is a link to tell you more about the HR 1466 bill that has been introduced. Basically, it's requesting that all manditory minimun sentences on drug charges be eliminated. This way the time sentenced is based on the individuals actions and knowledge and not just the complaint they are being charged with. Opencongress.org is also a great site to gather more information. Just type in HR 1466 in the search box. (oh and just click continue when it tells you youre about to leave myspace. I had this posted as a blog and just copied and pasted the links to here)

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1475

This link, above, will tell you more about the HR 1475 bill that has also been introduced. This one is my particular favorite because it is, in theory, an ammendment to the already established 'good time' credits that the BOP is following. It will allow up to 15 days per month to be 'good time credit' for a federal inmate. This is labled the Federal Prison Work Incentive Act of 2009 and would be an absolutely amazing blessing if it were to be passed and became a law...at any time. (oh and just click continue when it tells you youre about to leave myspace. I had this posted as a blog and just copied and pasted the links to here)

As for when all this will happen, the Senate is scheduled to meet June 1, 2009 and the House to meet on June 2, 2009. The bills will then follow the stream to the president. There are approximately 5 steps for the bill to become a law. Its introduced, House votes, Senate votes, president considers, bill becomes law. There are small things to do within each larger step so it will take time...and lots of it.

But...heres praying...and hoping....and keeping all my fingers and toes and limbs crossed

You can follow the bills at opencongress.org or the gov't track website

Last edited by BrownEyes13; 05-23-2009 at 12:59 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrownEyes13 For This Useful Post:
fred's sister (05-28-2009), thecuencars (05-30-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 AM

Default good time bill 1475

BrownEyes13

I just talked to my congressman's Aide today and he said that bill 1475 is stuck in a sub-committee and will not even get to the floor of congress unless it is passed by the sub-committee. We need to call our congressmen and get them involved with the bill. To date there are only 13 more congressmen behind the bill. Family and Friends of Federal Prisoners need to get their congressmen aware of the bill. I was told today that there are so many bills before congress right now that most have not even read 1475 because it is still in sub-committee...