Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:14 PM
SWEETHIPS

Default What is the probability of getting out early?

My boyfriend, just got to the Middleton Unit, and they have given him two years. But his attorney stated with good behavior there is a possibility of him getting out in 6 to 8 months. What is the probability of this, and does this sound about right to you? He is in for DWI's. I know, that i miss him so badly, and its been really hard on me. I have had to learn so far, to live on my own, and pay rent and bills all on my own, but i just have hopes that he will be home by Christmas. What do you all think?
Hugs,
Tammy R

SWEET HIPS LOVES SNAPON!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2009, 02:23 PM
I love my inmate

Thanked 1,079 Times in 635 Posts

He'll be up for parole in 6 - 8 months is probably what the attorney meant. You never know what the BPP will decide to do. Not many make it on their first time up, but it has happened. Keep your fingers crossed and look at the threads for parole here on how to create a parole packet. Good luck!

Old 05-21-2009, 02:44 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to the Texas forum!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:47 PM
SWEETHIPS

so what is the norm, if he dosent make it in 6 to 8 months, then is it a full year? Just wondering, if it means then half of the time then for the second time around. I am really hoping for the first time as well! Thanks for your help!
Hugs,
Tammy
Old 05-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default Welcome-Parole

Hi Tammy and Welcome to the Texas Forum. It depends upon how long he was in county, when he'll be eligiable for parole. My son was eligiable for his initial parole a month after he got to TDCJ. Let us know and you've found a great place for information and support.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:13 PM
SWEETHIPS

Thanks i appreciate you so much, and i think that there are times i feel so lost. He was in County for a month, before they moved him, on Good Friday April 10th, and my friends say that was really fast. He was moved on the 12th of May.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:15 PM

Thanked 4,945 Times in 2,968 Posts

Welcome to PTO, Tammy. Any early release will come only after review and approval by the parole board. He will be eligible for parole very soon - less than three months, probably. They will take on the order of four to six months to complete an initial review and vote after they pull his file which should be shortly after he is transferred to TDC. If he is denied they will set another review date for one year after the month in which he was denied. That means that he will get, at most, two chances at parole on a two year sentence with the second chance coming much closer to the end of the sentence than the beginning. There is another possiblity, though, and that is release to Mandatory Supervision. This is another form a early release which he will be eligible for after about 10 months. Release to MS, if approved, would occur on his Projected Release Date which will be estimated after he is transferred. It is just begging to be wrong any time you try to guess what the parole board will decide to do but he might have better than fair odds of being released on his PRD.
GraysonMom (05-21-2009), JPrasil (08-30-2011), liz1005 (05-21-2009)
Old 05-21-2009, 03:51 PM
SWEETHIPS

Should i already be writing the parole board then, letters to them, in regards to why i believe he should be released early, and all the posative things that he has in store?
Hugs,
Tammy
Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default Parole Packet-Support Letters

Yes, you need to start a parole packet for him. It's just an organized collection of support letters from family, friends, employment, family photographs, and certificates he may earn. Any information that indicates he will suceed on parole. Here is a link with threads ( Stickys) at the top of the page. There are templates for letters and other information on parole packets. Get started now, because it took me awhile. Hope this helps and Blessings as always. He also need to write the Board a letter showing he's taken accountability for his actions and focus on his release plan. Keep copies of everything you send. Also send copies to him.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=594

Last edited by GraysonMom; 05-21-2009 at 04:11 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to GraysonMom For This Useful Post:
LonleyMomma (09-07-2011)
Old 05-21-2009, 07:21 PM

Thanked 1,688 Times in 845 Posts

standard mandatory date on a two-year sentence is exactly 11 months,if one does not lose good time credit or line class. That was my case.

I would say that is his best shot. Otherwise he'll get another review in the last 6 months of his sentence, but the attitude on those seems to be 'what's the point in paroling someone for the sake of a few months?' The trend seems to be it's harder to get paroled on a short sentence. Possible, but harder.

DWI is an offense that has a high rate of repeat offenders and I'm guessing for a felony DWI it isn't his first, either.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:33 PM

Good luck with everything my hubby just got tranferred to middleton also he said its real hot out there no air condition ...
Old 08-30-2011, 08:07 PM

Smile I hope your boy friend gets out early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy R View Post
My boyfriend, just got to the Middleton Unit, and they have given him two years. But his attorney stated with good behavior there is a possibility of him getting out in 6 to 8 months. What is the probability of this, and does this sound about right to you? He is in for DWI's. I know, that i miss him so badly, and its been really hard on me. I have had to learn so far, to live on my own, and pay rent and bills all on my own, but i just have hopes that he will be home by Christmas. What do you all think?
Hugs,
Tammy R

SWEET HIPS LOVES SNAPON!
I wish my boyfriend would get out early, how are you going about this?please share I don't know what to do, please wright back thank you hope 6739
Old 08-30-2011, 08:30 PM
PTO Staff on LOA

PTO Super Moderator Superstar of the Year 

Thanked 4,927 Times in 3,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope6739 View Post

I wish my boyfriend would get out early, how are you going about this?please share I don't know what to do, please wright back thank you hope 6739
Hope6739,

I see that you're asking this question in a thread that was started in 2009. Not many of the people who responded in this thread are active any more. You will probably get more answers if you post in more recent threads.

To try to answer your question, this will all become routine -- eventually. Just like him, you will have to do it day by day -- minute by minute sometimes. We are here to support you, so feel free to ask all of the questions that you have. Good luck!