Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Prison Legal Help!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Legal Help! Ask questions, get opinions, and find resources.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:44 AM

Angry Female Sodomized While In Segregation

My girlfriend is an inmate at NCCIW. While she was in disciplinary segregation some money got missing and she was involuntarily cavity searched by other inmates. The proper authorities have been notified and a paralegal from Prison Legal Services has been to see her, but nothing is being done. The inmates that performed the cavity search on her are being released from Single Cell in a matter of weeks. How will the guards protect her from these inmates if they're not willing to do anything about what was done to her? Is there anything I can do for her out here and if there is, what? Please help:fb:
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2004, 07:09 AM
Account Closed

I'm lost on this one. I'm going to come off as the direct person that I am...You were there for 2 years (one of your posts) you know that she'll be out in 7 months or so (another post).. this post was actually the first you made here at PTO.

Having been to prison (ladies) I find it intensely hard to believe that NCCIW allows currency to inmates, that you, a former inmate yourself don't know that a cavity search is done by staff and when/if inmates engage in inappropriate 'sexual' behavior and get caught, everyone goes to seg.

Did your girlfriend wind up in seg and give you this story?
Old 01-08-2004, 12:10 PM

Actually, I was there when it happened to her, so no, she didn't wind up in Seg. and give me this story. She wasn't the only inmate that this happened to. The prison system is just overly screwed up. Yes, the staff is allowed to perform cavity searches, but the inmates are not. Obviously, you haven't been to NCCIW or else you would know that there are no guards in the Seg. quad so they aren't always aware of what's going on in there. Once they're notified that something like this has happened and still they do nothing, that's when it falls back on the prison system
Old 01-09-2004, 05:35 AM
Account Closed

Are inmates allowed currency? Are inmates in seg allowed currency? How can a seg unit have no guards?
Old 01-09-2004, 12:58 PM

Yes, inmates are allowed to draw 40 dollars a week out of their account. You have to have money sent in by your family unless you have some sort of job on the compound. Most jobs only pay about 40 cents a day. While in seg. you're allowed to draw out 10 dollars a week because you're only allowed to buy supplies (soap, toothpaste, shampoo, stamps, etc..) while you're in there. Youu can't buy cigarettes or any food items off the canteen while in seg. There are no guards inside the actual seg. quad, but they are posted in a booth outside the quad. They're not able to see everything that goes on in there from their booth.