Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan Prisons & Jails > Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan Reception & Guidance Centers and SAI Boot Camp Michigan Prison Intake and Boot Camp Information forum.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:03 AM

Unhappy SAI boot camp chelsea michigan

can anyone tell me any info as to the sai boot camp camp cassidy,can you choose to go there and can you have asthma and join??
Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-2009, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thia help View Post
can anyone tell me any info as to the sai boot camp camp cassidy,can you choose to go there and can you have asthma and join??

there is a thread under the michigan area that has a lot more information about bootcamp.

i don't believe you can choose to go there. the judge and the mdoc have to agree that you can go there. i do not think he can go if he has asthma. i thought i remembered reading something on here about how they can't be on any meds. but don't quote me on any of that. like i said go over to the other thread and poke about on there.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:34 AM

Hello i recently just finished my 3 month tour there and if you have any questions just ask.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:55 AM

Default Soldier81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier81 View Post
Hello i recently just finished my 3 month tour there and if you have any questions just ask.
This is a repeat of a question on another thread so please forgive me if you already seen the other.

WHen my son leaves Egler for SAI can he take his belongings with him? If he can't, can they be picked up? I just sent him some books which cost me alot and he just said when he leaves for SAI (most likely this coming week) that he will have to give them away as he can't take them. Is this true or could I pick them up?

Also, could you answer the above question about taking meds at SAI?
Old 05-24-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Hi, Soldier81! Do you happen to know if any inmates were allowed into bootcamp after they served some of their time and then had three years left on their minimum sentence? I wondered because I think the qualifications stated that the total sentence had to be 3yrs or less.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Hi soldier81
I have many questions as my son was just sentenced to 24 months no objection to boot camp.
Iam new to all this and my son is at R&G since may 14 He wants to go to boot camp can you tell me any information as to become eligible and how tough is boot camp and any info. per say about boot camp,example how long of a wait etc
thank you
Old 05-25-2009, 08:55 AM

Does anyone know if you must set up an account to receive collect calls or can we just accept them without an account?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:19 PM

Thumbs up SAI Boot Camp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thia help View Post
Hi soldier81
I have many questions as my son was just sentenced to 24 months no objection to boot camp.
Iam new to all this and my son is at R&G since may 14 He wants to go to boot camp can you tell me any information as to become eligible and how tough is boot camp and any info. per say about boot camp,example how long of a wait etc
thank you
My son is graduating on 7/28/09 and he said that if he had to do it over again, he would rather spend a year in prison. The conditions are horrible once they get to honors company. Just keep writing letters to you son and encourage him over and over and most imortantly tell him that he HAS to work very hard to ignor the idiots who are there because there will be a lot of them who don't care and they will constantly get others into trouble. Sandbagging seems to happen a lot too. by that, I mean that it's a form of punishment when they get into trouble. They have to tear apart the room and clean it to perfection over and over until it's done right. I wish him well and remember, keep encouraging him and helping him to think positiverly
Old 07-25-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulip50 View Post
My son is graduating on 7/28/09 and he said that if he had to do it over again, he would rather spend a year in prison. The conditions are horrible once they get to honors company. Just keep writing letters to you son and encourage him over and over and most imortantly tell him that he HAS to work very hard to ignor the idiots who are there because there will be a lot of them who don't care and they will constantly get others into trouble. Sandbagging seems to happen a lot too. by that, I mean that it's a form of punishment when they get into trouble. They have to tear apart the room and clean it to perfection over and over until it's done right. I wish him well and remember, keep encouraging him and helping him to think positiverly
Really? My son would take boot camp over spending his minimum in prison any day. It's tough, but do-able. He ignores the idiots that try to say stuff to him.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:47 PM

Default can you walk down your time to enter program

My mother is doing time she is in for 3 and a half years. I heard you have to be doing three years or less to be able to go in program. She is down almost 7 months now which puts her under the three year mark so does that make her eligible now or are you not able to walk time down