Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2002, 10:25 AM

Unhappy TDCJ Female Units --- What to expect ?

Hello,

I met with the DA yesterday and will be accepting a plea agreement on Tuesday (in court) which will be changing my address to the TDCJ for the better part of a decade so it seems. I am scared to death! However, if I don't take the plea the charges (non-violent, white collar-fiduciary) will be stacked and I will be gone much longer.

What I want to know is what to expect in the female side of the TDCJ. I have read the many messages and threads on here but they are mainly about the federal system. Unfortunately, I am going to be residing in the state facilities. What will I be in for there?

A little background, I am a college educated (MBA) professional, married, woman in my late 40's who made a serious mistake and got greedy. I have lived a very sheltered life thus far and worry about life as a felon behind bars.

I already appreciate that I will be in for a serious lifestyle change, but how bad?

Help ....

Texas Redhead and scared!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2002, 11:06 PM

Welcome to PTO TexasREDHead. I wished I could help you but I am sure that someone will. Just give them a little time. Hey when you go have someone keep on informed I will drop a line .

Take care........
Old 09-07-2002, 11:44 PM

TX Redhead,

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that you have received the best advice and you have a good attorney. Please be sure of that. TDCJ-ID is no picnic.

My fiance is currently in prison in Gatesville. Most of the female units seem to be there. If you would like to discuss this, please feel free to contact me. At this point, I don't want to post here.

Best wishes and good luck.

Jim
Old 09-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Da Ole Goat

Jim, I haven't checked the Texas forum and maybe you have done something there? But here at PTO, we have very little on what goes on in the women's State prisons.

You might talk with your wife and put something together that might be helpful in "general" information that isn't covered with DOC online.

Just a thought.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:46 AM

B-Ray,

I'll discuss it with her and see what she thinks about it. I would think she would be very happy to assist with that project, however I am speculating. I posed a similar project to her in the recent past and she was very interested. I guess it is time.

I have little desire to share anything on these forums anymore and really have no intentions of becoming very active. Perhaps with time, I may reconsider. I have learned that some of the most senior members do not like researched information or the truth as it is known. Only emotions. I can't possibly see how posting something like what you suggest will be of any value other than to upset these individuals.

Nevertheless, I respect you enough that by your request alone, I will discuss this matter with her and consider posting an "article" of sorts.

My offer still stands to discuss some issues with TexasRedHead, however it will not be done here.

Respectfully,

Jim
Old 09-08-2002, 02:22 PM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,959 Times in 976 Posts

Jim,
I can see plenty of ways how posting something like what was suggested will be of value to many, and very doubtfully give anyone a reason to be "upset". There are a great deal of "senior members" here and everyone handles things differently. Just because it happened one way in a different thread, with a different theme, does not mean it is going to crop up at every corner. Why don't you give it a try.. Besides, it would be a big help to this lady and others that may find themselves in similar circumstances.

David

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

Old 09-08-2002, 03:38 PM

I will discuss this issue with my fiance and get her input. She will be the primary source of information anyway.

Also, I have made several attempts to contact TexasRedHead and extend my offer to her privately, but she hasn't responded yet. I will take all the time she needs and discuss every issue I can with her, privately. I don't believe she has the two weeks it will take to receive input from my fiance.

As for the public post, it is under very serious consideration and will be explored. No promises.

Jim
Old 09-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Fianna Fail - Retired

I also tried to contact her too, but have yet to receive a response either JB, so she may be off due to the weekend.---Ken
Old 09-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Donation Award 

Jim , I think it's very nice of you to help TXRedhead, I'm sure she can use it.
Old 09-08-2002, 07:14 PM
PTO Admin - SysOp
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,959 Times in 976 Posts

Something to keep in mind is some people use hotmail or other addresses to sign up for sites and then don't check them much.. That may not be the case here, but a thought nonetheless..

Are you having account or other issues at PTO? If so, use the...

Old 09-08-2002, 11:28 PM
Da Ole Goat

Jim, one neat thing about working with "information" is, you put it out there and don't give a "rat's ass" (ya I know, OLD term) what's done with it!

It's just there, in hope's of being usefull. And that's a whole bunch different, then posting one's opinion about something.

Your doing just fine there buddy!!
Old 09-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,867 Times in 2,051 Posts

Texasredhead... I haven't done time here in Texas before, but I have served both jail and prison time. If there's anything you wanna talk about or ask me... feel free. Like I said, I haven't been in Tx jails... but maybe I can still help out a little.
Jodygirl
Old 09-09-2002, 03:47 AM

TexasRedHead,

I have responded to your private email as I promised that I would. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Also, please feel free to post that here if you desire. That decision is entirely yours. I will share what I wrote you with my fiance and work on creating a more complete article of sorts and post that here. That will depend on her decision more than anything as she will be my primary source of information.

I do wish you all the best and pray that you find the strength to keep faith and endure to the end. My prayers will be with you and I would suspect that most members here will remember you in their prayers.

For all those interested, I STRONGLY advise taking a look at the official TDCJ website as it contains an abundance of information, albeit very vague. http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/.

Jim