Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia DOC - What You Need to Know > Georgia Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Georgia Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Georgia prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Georgia forum.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:44 AM

Default Phone calls from Jackson State Prison

WHat number shows up on caller ID if permanent inmate calls from Jackson diagnostic?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2009, 09:52 AM

i would like to know also, they made my hubby a perm. a couple of weeks ago, hes got 6 months left
Old 04-27-2009, 12:53 PM

anyone know??
Old 05-21-2009, 11:45 AM

anyone?? is it an 800 number?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Donation Award 

I do not know specifically if you are a permanent at Jackson, however, from other facilities this is the number that shows on my caller ID: 713-574-1101
Old 05-29-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORNA View Post
I do not know specifically if you are a permanent at Jackson, however, from other facilities this is the number that shows on my caller ID: 713-574-1101

That number shows up sometimes when my hubby calls, it is from Global Tel Link. He is not in Jackson, but at JCCI
Old 05-30-2009, 12:53 AM

When my brother calls from Jackson it shows DOC 713 -574 -1101
Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 AM

Thank you!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2009, 06:40 PM

How much are calls from Jackson (or any of the prisons)? When my brother was in the county jail (he just got moved today & I understand we will not hear from him for while, just getting prepared) I was able to get minutes through Paytel Comm after I had reached the $75 limit through the phone company. Is there a service offered like that? Or do they just call collect and it's just a per minute charge (that is probably totally outrageous) and no one has any control over anything? Thank you for any information, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me! All of this is so new and so frustrating!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp4brothr View Post
How much are calls from Jackson (or any of the prisons)? When my brother was in the county jail (he just got moved today & I understand we will not hear from him for while, just getting prepared) I was able to get minutes through Paytel Comm after I had reached the $75 limit through the phone company. Is there a service offered like that? Or do they just call collect and it's just a per minute charge (that is probably totally outrageous) and no one has any control over anything? Thank you for any information, I really appreciate you taking the time to answer me! All of this is so new and so frustrating!

While he is in diagnostics, there will be no phone calls. The exception to that would be he is going to be a permanent at Jackson, and he will serve his sentence there; hopeully he will not. As far as how much the phone calls will cost, once he gets moved to his "permanent" location, it will depend on where he is and how far away it is from your house, or the number that he is calling. Typically the phone companies are Global Tel Link, or Correctional Billing Services. You won't really know, until he get's moved and attempts to make a call, then it will tell you that he is trying to call and you need to set up an account. Hope this helps
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM

Default Will he be able to call me?

Hi I wanted to know when my boyfriend get sent to Jackson will he come home in 2wks he got 12yrs do 3yrs an has to serve one third of his time he is still in the Laurens County jail been there for a yr. His mom called the parole and pardons in Altlanta an they said at first in February about 6wks before they would come get him then his mom called again in March an the lady said 2 to 3wks then she just recently called again and the lady said its showing that he is already there and he has a prison an ef number what does this mean please help me is he. Coming home soon o he has a nonviolent crime selling drugs an this is his first time getting in trouble will he be home soon. Please someone help me

Last edited by grapejam; 03-28-2011 at 09:05 PM..