Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Friends & Families of Addicts
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Friends & Families of Addicts Information for coping, dealing & living with a loved one's addictive behavior.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Default ask for realistic treatment for addicts

Senator Jim Webb of Virginia is asking for a commission to study prison reform. My son is in a Virginia prison because he is a addict who does all the things most will do. He has never hurt anyone, but has that temper when he would be comming down. and he will steal which is why he is inside now. I have written to Senator Webbs office asking that our government invest in a realistic medical treatment that is affordable to addicts. I think most of us know that sitting and talking about it won't cure addiction, just like sitting and talking about it won't cure a lot of the illness that are out there, but at least they look for a realistic treatment. Our government has not addressed this illness I think because they don't like what addicts do. Most of us don't like what they do, but when the anger is over, we know it is the drug that is the driving force behind what most of them do. There are 19 us Senators cosponsoring this bill. If you want that realistic treatment for the illness of addiction, you can help by sending a letter, not an angry letter, but a well thought out letter to the 31 Senators that have not committed to form this committee to look at why our prisons are so full and ask for our government to invest in the medical research to find a realistic treatment for the illness of addiction. There are 19 listed on Senator Webb's site. We need to convince the other 31. Realistic treatment. no high from the drug, less crime, less overcowding in prisons , more law abiding citizens, more tax payers, more normal life, more parents to our children.and less burden on the angry citizen who pay to lock them up. Help me and send a letter to them all, asking for the investment to find this realistic treatment. If anyone had cancer, they would do more than sit and talk about, but there is at least a treatment for them. There isn't a realistic treatment for our addicts. Please help me with this.

Last edited by nithtmare; 04-11-2009 at 10:30 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nithtmare For This Useful Post:
aquiltter (04-12-2009), liz1005 (04-22-2009)
Sponsored Links