Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ALABAMA > ADOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

ADOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Alabama Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the ADOC system should be posted here.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Default Early release in Alabama due to overcrowding & cutbacks?

Can anyone tell me what the rumors are of some prisoners getting an early release to help with the overcrowding and cut backs? My boyfriend has mentioned hearing rumors and has asked me to find out what i can but i've looked all over the internet and can't find anything that talks about that in Alabama. Maybe i'm just not looking in the right place. Can someone please let me know any information you might have on this? I would deeply appreciate it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2009, 11:30 AM
His Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathy1966 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the rumors are of some prisoners getting an early release to help with the overcrowding and cut backs? My boyfriend has mentioned hearing rumors and has asked me to find out what i can but i've looked all over the internet and can't find anything that talks about that in Alabama. Maybe i'm just not looking in the right place. Can someone please let me know any information you might have on this? I would deeply appreciate it!!!!
My fiancee told me the same thing. I can't find out any information on this, but I heard the same rumors. I do know that a lot of the guys at Elmore where he is are being granted parole. So keep your fingers crossed!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
His wife 4 life

My fiance in limestone that is where he is at said the same thing and a friend that is a cop said the same thing to me, that they have to release so many of them in a few months, so just pray that its true and our men will be home soon.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:10 PM

Default Has Anyone heard Early Parole Due to Prison Over Crowding

Ok I am trying this again and although i can see my thread I am not sure if you all can because no one has responded to my last entry. Ok I was told by fiancee that Alabama should be putting NV inmates up for parole early due to over crowding in the prisons. He said that inmates should be hearing no later than January. Please advise has anyone seen this article. If so is it possible for you to scan and share here?
Old 11-05-2009, 02:17 PM
His Ride or Die Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleysgirl View Post
Ok I am trying this again and although i can see my thread I am not sure if you all can because no one has responded to my last entry. Ok I was told by fiancee that Alabama should be putting NV inmates up for parole early due to over crowding in the prisons. He said that inmates should be hearing no later than January. Please advise has anyone seen this article. If so is it possible for you to scan and share here?
That is a constant rumor in the prison system. I can't say one way or another for sure but I can tell you that I don't think it's true. My fiance had a parole date this week, he is a NV offender who had his split sentence revoked for failing to pay restitution on his previous case & they denied him because he had disciplanaries for a cell phone & mp3 player so go figure...if this rumor were true you would think he would be somewhere on that list even with the disciplinary because nothing about him is a danger or threat to anyone but who knows
Old 11-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Robbie

I just heard somethin about a EPA for nonviolent, but i think it just counts as good behavior time.. I'm kinda new to this so not real sure.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:24 PM

They are bringing non-violent offenders up early in some cases but there is no deadline like January or anything like that. I have been dealing with the ADOC for almost 10 years now and this is certainly not anything new, they have been doing this for at least 7 years now.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cember View Post
They are bringing non-violent offenders up early in some cases but there is no deadline like January or anything like that. I have been dealing with the ADOC for almost 10 years now and this is certainly not anything new, they have been doing this for at least 7 years now.
Yes, Cember is right. They are bringing up non violent, but they are also moving non violent to work release camp, but if they do go to work release camp that does not mean they will go out to work..But yes that coming up early has always been a rumor, but I think in like 2004 they let alot go but not since then as I am aware of.

I Love you Donovan... Always and Forever!!!!

Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Thanked 4,505 Times in 1,245 Posts

I'll just add like the rest of them - they do seem to be granting parole more often lately and mostly to non-violent offenders, but the rumor mill in the prisons is ALWAYS running and a large amount of the time, stuff is either not true or half-truths.

Occasionally they will bring someone NV up earlier than expected here and there, and lately they have bringing up more than usual, but much like Cember said, there's been ongoing rumors about early releases due to overcrowding for years and years - especially since around 2001-2002 when it started getting so very bad - we've yet to see anything I'd call a "mass release" in the last 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleysgirl View Post
Ok I am trying this again and although i can see my thread I am not sure if you all can because no one has responded to my last entry.
Just wanted to say again to keep in mind not everyone logs in every day or even every week on PTO - especially here in the Alabama forum where we're not that busy and don't have all that many active members. Sometimes you might have a question that the person who knows the exact perfect answer to your question might only log in every couple of weeks, so keep that in mind when posting. We try here in Alabama, especially with emergency/urgent stuff, but not everybody's here every day and even though I usually do log in daily, I don't have all the answers either.

Last edited by Lysbeth; 11-05-2009 at 11:22 PM..
Old 11-06-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEANS WIFEY View Post
That is a constant rumor in the prison system. I can't say one way or another for sure but I can tell you that I don't think it's true. My fiance had a parole date this week, he is a NV offender who had his split sentence revoked for failing to pay restitution on his previous case & they denied him because he had disciplanaries for a cell phone & mp3 player so go figure...if this rumor were true you would think he would be somewhere on that list even with the disciplinary because nothing about him is a danger or threat to anyone but who knows
Oh boy I am sorry to hear that i was praying for yall. Keep Pushing girl Pray Until Something Happens
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelleysgirl For This Useful Post:
SEANS WIFEY (11-06-2009)
Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysbeth View Post
I'll just add like the rest of them - they do seem to be granting parole more often lately and mostly to non-violent offenders, but the rumor mill in the prisons is ALWAYS running and a large amount of the time, stuff is either not true or half-truths.

Occasionally they will bring someone NV up earlier than expected here and there, and lately they have bringing up more than usual, but much like Cember said, there's been ongoing rumors about early releases due to overcrowding for years and years - especially since around 2001-2002 when it started getting so very bad - we've yet to see anything I'd call a "mass release" in the last 10 years.

Just wanted to say again to keep in mind not everyone logs in every day or even every week on PTO - especially here in the Alabama forum where we're not that busy and don't have all that many active members. Sometimes you might have a question that the person who knows the exact perfect answer to your question might only log in every couple of weeks, so keep that in mind when posting. We try here in Alabama, especially with emergency/urgent stuff, but not everybody's here every day and even though I usually do log in daily, I don't have all the answers either.

thank you it is good to know someone is here praying. I was just hoping that I was getting through and I know you dont have all of the answers but you have been very helpful to me even when I wasnt on PTO. God Bless you all and thanks

Last edited by Kelleysgirl; 11-06-2009 at 12:29 AM..
Old 08-07-2011, 10:59 AM

It is true they are letting the non-violent inmates out early if its there 1st time in and they havent been n any trouble..Bc my bro jus came home 2 months ago on a 8 year bid he only did 12 months and 2 week..

its true ladys jus pray that your man is one of those ppl who cme home early..My bro jus came home 2 months ago on 8 year bid bc he never go in trouble n this was his 1st time in n he had a non-violent charge he only did 12months n 2weeks..Now I'm praying my hubby come home soon.. Oh and its helps if the take all the classes they can that also gets them sooner.. good luck ladys..

Last edited by lisainengland; 08-08-2011 at 05:59 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lovinmyhubby22 For This Useful Post:
KAREEMAHE (09-03-2011), lisainengland (08-08-2011)
Old 09-30-2011, 06:22 PM

There is no truth in this. The rumor began circulating when Governor Bentley stated 3,000 inmates needed to be released in order for his budget to pass. Non-violent offenders who exhibit good behavior and participate in programs will eventually make it to Minimum custody levels and make parole easily. There have been no orders to release or review inmates for release. Inmates are not being moved due to lack of bed space statewide.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:59 PM

is there any updates on the early release in Alabama
Old 11-04-2011, 03:45 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,523 Times in 6,748 Posts

Sadly it does seem that it was all just a rumour

Old 11-20-2011, 05:06 AM

Most of the time when a inmate is released early they have to have: good behavior, participating AND completing classes, and had to have been charged with a non violent crime. Basically they look at their track record. I called the State of Alabama before about my boyfriend case and he was released a few months early from prison, he had a violent crime on his record then so their is hope for those who loved ones have violent charges too. Unfortunately after about a year he violated parole with a non violent crime and had to finish out his sentence bc he was on a split sentence. Although now there is still a chance he could be released early or even get work release. My advice would be to tell your loved one that they need to do everything they can to come home and on your end you can call or write the State of Alabama and speak with I think it was the commissioner about early release and they will tell you what you need to do or direct you to the right person. Good luck to you and your family!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:11 PM

Thank you!! My husband is coming up for early parole in February and I am hoping he gets it. He is in for a non-violent offense and has completed classes and this is the only thing on his record. I am praying for him to come home...
Old 03-23-2012, 03:00 PM

any word on early releases for Alabama for 2012?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Theresa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIkkiJEN17 View Post
Most of the time when a inmate is released early they have to have: good behavior, participating AND completing classes, and had to have been charged with a non violent crime. Basically they look at their track record. I called the State of Alabama before about my boyfriend case and he was released a few months early from prison, he had a violent crime on his record then so their is hope for those who loved ones have violent charges too. Unfortunately after about a year he violated parole with a non violent crime and had to finish out his sentence bc he was on a split sentence. Although now there is still a chance he could be released early or even get work release. My advice would be to tell your loved one that they need to do everything they can to come home and on your end you can call or write the State of Alabama and speak with I think it was the commissioner about early release and they will tell you what you need to do or direct you to the right person. Good luck to you and your family!
What about a loved one with a violent crime ever getting parole ?? How do they decide ?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason'sMama For This Useful Post:
Gracie70 (12-14-2013)