Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Maryland Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Maryland prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:12 AM

Default T netix

Can someone tell me how to put money on his phone by credit card? The number that I tried ask for an account number I don't know this because he usually takes care of this himself. What number should I be calling?What do I need to put money on his existing account?

Thanks
Msbirds
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2009, 06:38 AM

If your setting up an account for your phone, you call 1-800-844-6591 n go through the prompt on setting the account up usually the account is the phone number ur going to be using. I use western union to put money on the phone western union quick collect when u go to fill the form out the "CITY" is collect call" the state is texas an again the account number would be ur phone number. Its like a $12 fee to send it but it gets there the same day. When just starting an account usually the 1st day they can only call 1 time but by the next day ecverything should be good. Hope this helps. *** If u have verizon you dont need Tnetix
Old 03-14-2009, 06:40 AM

Sorry I just reread ur post unfortunately you would need his acct# to put more money on it. Or you can send it to him n he can put it on the account through his commissary
Old 05-19-2009, 05:56 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by RahRahsWifey View Post
If your setting up an account for your phone, you call 1-800-844-6591 n go through the prompt on setting the account up usually the account is the phone number ur going to be using. I use western union to put money on the phone western union quick collect when u go to fill the form out the "CITY" is collect call" the state is texas an again the account number would be ur phone number. Its like a $12 fee to send it but it gets there the same day. When just starting an account usually the 1st day they can only call 1 time but by the next day ecverything should be good. Hope this helps. *** If u have verizon you dont need Tnetix
How do you set up the account with verizon to accept the calls. I don't have verizon, but I will get it if I can accept calls from the Correctional Facility. I went on Verizon online and I couldn't find out how to set up the account. Many people were telling me that you have to go through a billing service to accept the calls. Please lead me in the right direction, these calls are getting expensive. T-nettix is costly me an arm and a leg.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:00 PM

If you have verizon already then you dont need anything else. He just has to put his number on his phone list. Verizon automatically excepts the collect calls. Where is he located?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 PM

Yes tnetix is VERY EXPENSIVE. Im in bmore hes in hagerstown, im actually gonna get a cellphone with a hagerstown #, when I go out there n just put minutes on it, the calls will be 54 cents then
Old 05-19-2009, 10:41 PM
It's us against the world

I have verizon so you don't need T netix. call verizon and set up your phone account and let them know that you want collect call on your line. and it's best to get one of those pre-paid cell phone and get a hagerstown number you come out better and have your verizon home phone with the collect calls as back up. that's what i did and it works out fine for me.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Yes tnetix is VERY EXPENSIVE. Im in bmore hes in hagerstown, im actually gonna get a cellphone with a hagerstown #, when I go out there n just put minutes on it, the calls will be 54 cents then
Thanks..that's good to know.. I'll probably go up there (Hagerstown) this weekend. So when I give him the new number with the cell phone to give to the prison, then it will be only 54 per minute? yea... that will work. I guess I can get the phone from a 7-eleven or something like that? My fiance has odd days visits. When do you plan on going? Let me know where you purchased your pre-paid phone from.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddy girl View Post
I have verizon so you don't need T netix. call verizon and set up your phone account and let them know that you want collect call on your line. and it's best to get one of those pre-paid cell phone and get a hagerstown number you come out better and have your verizon home phone with the collect calls as back up. that's what i did and it works out fine for me.

Where did you get your pre-paid phone from? Did you get a 301 area code with any number or did you have to pick a certain prefix , ie. 301-428 that was close to that prison. You guys are great with the information-I'm new to the game.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:39 PM

Quote:
If you have verizon already then you dont need anything else. He just has to put his number on his phone list. Verizon automatically excepts the collect calls. Where is he located?

Hagerstown, MD 21746
Old 05-20-2009, 08:54 PM

Mine is even days, Ima just hit a local store out there, and grab a cell zoned for out there, instead of getting 1 here in bmore n having to worry bout changing the number. Now mine told me they can add numbers to the phonelist again in June so hurry!! He said they can only do it every 2 months
The Following User Says Thank You to RahRahsWifey For This Useful Post:
msholt10 (05-21-2009)
Old 05-20-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msholt10 View Post
Where did you get your pre-paid phone from? Did you get a 301 area code with any number or did you have to pick a certain prefix , ie. 301-428 that was close to that prison. You guys are great with the information-I'm new to the game.
you can get a pre-paid phone from anywhere just make sure that it's a hagerstown number and the area code is (240) not 301. and they only allow to add numbers to there phone list every 90 days not every 2 months. i already had two cell phones i just turn one of mines into a pre-paid phone and got a hagerstown number. and try to get the pre-paid that have free nights and weekends. that way when he call you it won't eat alot of your money on your phone. it's cheaper when he call so that it won't charge him alot for the half & hour that your talk.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
you can get a pre-paid phone from anywhere just make sure that it's a hagerstown number and the area code is (240) not 301. and they only allow to add numbers to there phone list every 90 days not every 2 months. i already had two cell phones i just turn one of mines into a pre-paid phone and got a hagerstown number. and try to get the pre-paid that have free nights and weekends. that way when he call you it won't eat alot of your money on your phone. it's cheaper when he call so that it won't charge him alot for the half & hour that your talk.
I was researching the Nextel Boost 50.00 unlimited plan. Yea he told me that it takes 90 days to add a new number. There were three different institutions in Hagerstown and he said to get the area code for Sharpsburg, MD. which is 301 When he calls, the number comes up at 301-does that make a difference? His location is 18601 Roxbury Road 21746. When I look up the Institution address and the phone they have is (240) and (301) for their fax number.. I'm so confused! Again thanks for all your help!
Old 05-21-2009, 01:56 PM

Well, you can do what you want, but I know someone who got a cell here n changed the # n it still cost the same cuz the phone was not "ZONED" for hagerstown, even tho she changed it to a hagerstown number. I dont know obut the 90 days cuz with mine his is 2mths, hes updating his list now, andhe just got there 2 mths ago. Cuz i changed my home number. And his address is the same for out there as well, and the CO told m,e to make sure it was a (240) number.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msholt10 View Post
I was researching the Nextel Boost 50.00 unlimited plan. Yea he told me that it takes 90 days to add a new number. There were three different institutions in Hagerstown and he said to get the area code for Sharpsburg, MD. which is 301 When he calls, the number comes up at 301-does that make a difference? His location is 18601 Roxbury Road 21746. When I look up the Institution address and the phone they have is (240) and (301) for their fax number.. I'm so confused! Again thanks for all your help!
The Nextel boost is a good plan you will have unlimited talk and everything. if you get that phone and plan they will give you the hagerstown number right then and there. don't get the sharpsburg area code because the prison is not in that area. so make sure you get hagerstown area. the reason why when he call it shows (301) because they are useing payphones that's why (301) shows up.it makes a big different because sharpsburg zipcode is 21740 and there are different section in maryland that have (301) area code that's not in hagerstown county.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 AM

Default I suggest.....

Quote:
The Nextel boost is a good plan you will have unlimited talk and everything. if you get that phone and plan they will give you the hagerstown number right then and there. don't get the sharpsburg area code because the prison is not in that area. so make sure you get hagerstown area. the reason why when he call it shows (301) because they are useing payphones that's why (301) shows up.it makes a big different because sharpsburg zipcode is 21740 and there are different section in maryland that have (301) area code that's not in hagerstown county.
You need the local exchange and area code for the prison, because it can still be considered a long distance call if you don't. Do a search online for local exchanges for the area the facility is located in. This should show you all the exchanges that are local to the prison. As far as the cell phone goes I guess get what is best and inexpensive for you, but I suggest looking into Vonage they currently have a special for 9.99 for three months then it goes up to 25.00 unlimited calling.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:19 PM

I'm very new to this! My friend is at ECI. I have a pay as you go cell phone through Virgin Mobile but I can change plans at any time. ECI's area code is 410 and so is mine on my cell phone so does that still mean I need to get the phone set up in Westover? Does my friend have to pay to call out to my cell phone? He can't put any new numbers on his lisdt until December so I have time to explore my options! I'm so confused! I guess the bottom line is what plan will be cheapests for me and for him?
Thanks
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Proud Pen-Pal to a few

Just to follow up if you haven't done so already, I have boost mobile with their unlimited plan and got a local Hagerstown number so we could talk for the local rate.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:19 PM

hey i just did the whole set up thing and went to western union to add the minutes. I was wondering if there is anything else I have to do after I do the western union or do I have to just wait for it to go on my phone?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:39 AM
beautiful nightmare

you will have to wait however, it should only take 24hrs!