Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Indiana Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Indiana prisons.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Loving My Inmate.

Default Levels at Wabash Valley Correctional Facility?

When my boyfriend first got to WVCF, he was placed in level 4 security. He wasn't even there for a week, &they moved him to level 2. Does anyone know that the differences between levels are? I'm new to dealing with the prison system &I'm pretty lost.
Thank You.
you're gonna look back,
&wish you gave it one more shot.
because the best things in life,
don't come easy.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 07:05 AM
loving him forever!!!

Here is some information

IDOC > Facilities > Adult Adult

PLEASE NOTE: With the exception of Maximum Security, the three main considerations in assigning an adult offender to a security level are the committing offense, the length of sentence, and prior criminal history.

Minimum (Level 1)

Minimum Security Facilities have the least restrictive security measures. Housing is dormitory style. Offenders in these facilities typically are serving short sentences of nonviolent, non-weapons-based offenses. Also included as minimum security are work release program offenders who leave the facility for outside employment but return nightly.Low Medium (Level 2)

Low Medium Security Facilities have a moderate degree of security measures. Housing is dormitory style. Offenders typically have shorter sentences than Level 3 offenders. Low Medium security offenders are less aggressive than Level 3's and 4's, and have a shorter criminal history.High Medium (Level 3)

High Medium Security Facilities have a moderately high degree of security measures. Housing is celled space. High Medium security offenders are typically more aggressive than Level 1's and 2's, could be serving longer sentences, and have a long criminal history.Maximum (Level 4)

Maximum Security Facilities have very restrictive security measures. Housing is celled space. Maximum security offenders have been convicted of violent or weapons-based offenses. These offenders require close supervision and tight security to minimize risk to the public, staff, and other offenders.Intake Facilities

Intake facilities are designated to receive newly committed adult offenders. During the intake process each offender is evaluated through interviews, reports and diagnostic tests. This evaluation forms the basis of the offenders' facility and program assignment.
<DIV id=col3>More Online Services »
Subscriber Center »

#want {display: none;} #faq {display: block;}#want,#faq {height: auto;}<DIV id=faq style="DISPLAY: block">Top FAQsI Want To...
Old 02-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Loving My Inmate.

Thank you.
you're gonna look back,
&wish you gave it one more shot.
because the best things in life,
don't come easy.
The Following User Says Thank You to dylansgirl06 For This Useful Post:
kountryhorse74 (02-28-2009)
Old 02-28-2009, 02:34 PM
loving him forever!!!

Your welcome
Old 03-13-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylansgirl06 View Post
When my boyfriend first got to WVCF, he was placed in level 4 security. He wasn't even there for a week, &they moved him to level 2. Does anyone know that the differences between levels are? I'm new to dealing with the prison system &I'm pretty lost.
Thank You.
I am not sure about community facilities, but on the DOC website you can find out where inmates are usually placed based on the severity of their crimes. I found that level 1 is minimum security, levels 2 and 3 are medium, and levels 4 and 5 are maximum. It says that level 2 is for inmates who are on their first offenses and will be serving shorter prison sentences. Level 3 is for repeat offenders who will be doing more time. Not sure if this holds true for county correctional facilities or not. Hope this helps in some way. Good luck to you and your loved ones!
The Following User Says Thank You to brutusandkado For This Useful Post:
dylansgirl06 (03-13-2009)