Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 03-13-2018, 06:41 PM
Hannah & Jimmy

Unhappy Looking for support

I haven't been able to hear my mans voice for like two weeks now since he was moved from the jail to the temporary reception center. I just got a call from a woman who's man is in the same pod as him and she relayed his message about how much he misses me and loves me and how I shouldn't worry for him. It's always good to know he's thinking of me but to not be able to actually hear him say those things myself but through another person gets me in such a down mood. I guess I'm just in need of a little "pick me up"
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2018, 07:14 PM
Site Moderator Gone Mad

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 16,434 Times in 6,118 Posts

Waiting sucks! How sweet of him to make the effort to get a message to you and reassure you that he's OK. That's thoughtful of him. You will get through this. Promise!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-14-2018), Sarianna (03-14-2018), TenToesDownBaby (03-14-2018), xolady (03-13-2018)
Old 03-13-2018, 07:29 PM

Thanked 1,656 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenToesDownBaby View Post
I haven't been able to hear my mans voice for like two weeks now since he was moved from the jail to the temporary reception center. I just got a call from a woman who's man is in the same pod as him and she relayed his message about how much he misses me and loves me and how I shouldn't worry for him. It's always good to know he's thinking of me but to not be able to actually hear him say those things myself but through another person gets me in such a down mood. I guess I'm just in need of a little "pick me up"
It will get better. Write until your hand falls off. You guys will get into a routine. There will be good days ans sucky days, but everyday done is a day done.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-14-2018), Sarianna (03-14-2018), TenToesDownBaby (03-14-2018), xolady (03-13-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 06:47 AM
Hannah & Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post

Waiting sucks! How sweet of him to make the effort to get a message to you and reassure you that he's OK. That's thoughtful of him. You will get through this. Promise!
We both prepared for this, we knew it wasn't going to be as easy once he got transferred. I guess it's effecting me so much because it's my first time going through this whole process? On my last visit at the jail I said jokingly, "I'll hear you again soon!" and we both laughed a little bit. But it was like- after laughing, we stared at each other for a good moment and said our I love you's. It was heartbreaking but it was definitely something to remember and I try to keep that image of him in my head each day. Him just smiling and laughing for the short time we had together.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:53 AM
Hannah & Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
It will get better. Write until your hand falls off. You guys will get into a routine. There will be good days ans sucky days, but everyday done is a day done.
Yes, that's how I try to look at it! That each night I lay down for bed and fall asleep, it brings me one day closer to being with him again. I already received two letters from him on Saturday and I sent out mine on Monday that included some photos of myself and his son. Checking that mail is the highlight of my day.
Old 03-14-2018, 01:32 PM

Quote:

This is my first time dealing with this too. Itís very hard. It was 2 weeks I didnít hear from my guy too & when he called I was so happy I was crying. I felt like such a relief lift off of me. Just hearing his voice , laugh & for him to tell me those sweet things. It was very thoughtful of him to send that message along. I know itís not the same but you know heís thinking of you , missing you the same.
Old 03-14-2018, 03:28 PM

Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,428 Posts

It was one of the hardest things to go through when my husband first went in. But when he calls it will be wonderful and you will feel much better. But be prepared for this to happen more often then not. Prison life is pretty much a roller coaster of ups and downs and it's not pretty. Good luck to you both.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
It was one of the hardest things to go through when my husband first went in. But when he calls it will be wonderful and you will feel much better. But be prepared for this to happen more often then not. Prison life is pretty much a roller coaster of ups and downs and it's not pretty. Good luck to you both.

Thank you. I keep telling myself it will be up & down. I know it wonít always be regular contact or even happy messages / calls.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:40 PM

Thanked 2,245 Times in 1,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallflower78me View Post
Thank you. I keep telling myself it will be up & down. I know it wonít always be regular contact or even happy messages / calls.
Just stay strong stay focused and always be supportive and positive and you will be ok.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Hannah & Jimmy

Quote:
This is my first time dealing with this too. Itís very hard. It was 2 weeks I didnít hear from my guy too & when he called I was so happy I was crying. I felt like such a relief lift off of me. Just hearing his voice , laugh & for him to tell me those sweet things. It was very thoughtful of him to send that message along. I know itís not the same but you know heís thinking of you , missing you the same.
We'll all get through this!
Old 03-15-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
We'll all get through this!
You will get through it and it will be tough. Keep writing, get into a routine that is healthy for you, your calls may not come all the time and you will go through lock downs. Writing each other is important you will grow stronger and individuals and as a couple. Take care of yourself get enough sleep. Try and stay positive don't use your limited phone time on anything else except enjoying each other's company. You are both still in a relationship that you have to nurture and have trust and faith in. Stay in groups like this and others with people who understand and have been through what you are going through.those letters we wait for also become like gold when they can't contact us keep writing!!! Your man has lost all control over his life so try and keep that in mind when telling him stuff. One small thing to us out here can cause them to worry in there. I never liked to give my man anything to worry about inside. If a riot suddenly pops off he needs to be alert not worrying about me crying out here because someone was rude to me, or I'm pissed he didn't call me enough etc
I'm not saying keep things from him I'm saying he can't do a damn thing out here when he is locked up to help me so I chose what was important to share. He knew this and was ok with it ... Prison is a very serious and dangerous place an inmate with outside support is lucky and has a better chance of succeeding when released. What you are about to do is a major life change.supporting someone locked up is one of the most compassionate things things a person can do. Keep in mind that you have less than a couple of years some women here are holding it down for 5,10,20 years or even life. You can do it but be patient now is a hard part of your journey I'm glad you found the group!
Old 03-15-2018, 01:07 PM
Hannah & Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
You will get through it and it will be tough. Keep writing, get into a routine that is healthy for you, your calls may not come all the time and you will go through lock downs. Writing each other is important you will grow stronger and individuals and as a couple. Take care of yourself get enough sleep. Try and stay positive don't use your limited phone time on anything else except enjoying each other's company. You are both still in a relationship that you have to nurture and have trust and faith in. Stay in groups like this and others with people who understand and have been through what you are going through.those letters we wait for also become like gold when they can't contact us keep writing!!! Your man has lost all control over his life so try and keep that in mind when telling him stuff. One small thing to us out here can cause them to worry in there. I never liked to give my man anything to worry about inside. If a riot suddenly pops off he needs to be alert not worrying about me crying out here because someone was rude to me, or I'm pissed he didn't call me enough etc
I'm not saying keep things from him I'm saying he can't do a damn thing out here when he is locked up to help me so I chose what was important to share. He knew this and was ok with it ... Prison is a very serious and dangerous place an inmate with outside support is lucky and has a better chance of succeeding when released. What you are about to do is a major life change.supporting someone locked up is one of the most compassionate things things a person can do. Keep in mind that you have less than a couple of years some women here are holding it down for 5,10,20 years or even life. You can do it but be patient now is a hard part of your journey I'm glad you found the group!
I currently don't have a phone with a contract so I can't get calls (Metro PCS) I write him often, though. That in itself is good enough for me, at least until I switch providers. As long as I have SOME way of contacting him and knowing he's okay. I realize that in my situation I am super lucky. I couldn't imagine having to go through 5-10+ years. I look up to all of you women holding it down for your man while he goes through this rough patch in his life. I don't feel alone like I used to anymore, you know? Every day I do my best to stay positive and just think positive thoughts. I know life will work itself out, I know everything will be okay. It's just nice to hear it from other people sometimes. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one going through it.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
I currently don't have a phone with a contract so I can't get calls (Metro PCS) I write him often, though. That in itself is good enough for me, at least until I switch providers. As long as I have SOME way of contacting him and knowing he's okay. I realize that in my situation I am super lucky. I couldn't imagine having to go through 5-10+ years. I look up to all of you women holding it down for your man while he goes through this rough patch in his life. I don't feel alone like I used to anymore, you know? Every day I do my best to stay positive and just think positive thoughts. I know life will work itself out, I know everything will be okay. It's just nice to hear it from other people sometimes. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one going through it.

Are you able to do JPay? It isnít real expensive in my opinion. You can send emails & pictures. It isnít a voice but itís nice to feel kind of like texting back / forth but of course longer writing so you make good use of your stamp on there.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallflower78me For This Useful Post:
ItsMe81 (03-15-2018), Sarianna (03-17-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 01:35 PM
Hannah & Jimmy

Quote:
Are you able to do JPay? It isnít real expensive in my opinion. You can send emails & pictures. It isnít a voice but itís nice to feel kind of like texting back / forth but of course longer writing so you make good use of your stamp on there.
Yes, I've began using JPay. It definitely makes it easier to communicate. I'm DYING to hear his voice but anything is better than nothing, especially in situations such as this.
Old 03-27-2018, 02:39 PM
AmyLynn

The only thing I don't like about Jpay is on there side when they only get 15 minutes once logging on. If you write a long letter and he isn't real savy typing it might take him awhile.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
The only thing I don't like about Jpay is on there side when they only get 15 minutes once logging on. If you write a long letter and he isn't real savy typing it might take him awhile.

Yesss! Thatís what Trav explained to me. He said itís only 15 min & he isnít a fast typer , has been away from computers a few years so he writes 3 times a day at least but sometimes not as long as he wants. It cuts him off.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:01 AM
Hannah & Jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMe81 View Post
I didn't even know that. I always type long emails
Old 03-28-2018, 02:42 PM
AmyLynn

I understand why they do it I guess to give others time to use it too but it counts down from once he logs in and then he's gotta read the message and have enough time to type and reply before it kicks him off. Some places even limit how many times they can log in a day. Its all different.