Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

California Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss California prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:47 AM

Default Access Securepak Inmate Deposits

I just got this email today and thought I would share the info with everyone as I am always looking for an easy way to send money to my loved one.

From your California Quarterly Package provider Access Securepak...

Introducing Access Secure Deposits - The CHEAPEST and EASIEST way to send money to an inmate!

Just click! www.inmatedeposits.com to put funds directly into their account!

or call toll free 866-345-1884 to make a deposit TODAY! Fees start as low as $2.95 per deposit!

CDCR Approved Deposit Service
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 03:03 PM
SOULMATES
Donation Award 

Has anyone tried this service yet Just wondering how it worked and if you know if they are cheaper than jpay. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maylee View Post
I just got this email today and thought I would share the info with everyone as I am always looking for an easy way to send money to my loved one.

From your California Quarterly Package provider Access Securepak...

Introducing Access Secure Deposits - The CHEAPEST and EASIEST way to send money to an inmate!

Just click! www.inmatedeposits.com to put funds directly into their account!

or call toll free 866-345-1884 to make a deposit TODAY! Fees start as low as $2.95 per deposit!

CDCR Approved Deposit Service

My heart bleeds while he's away!
Old 03-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,941 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caresgirl View Post
Has anyone tried this service yet Just wondering how it worked and if you know if they are cheaper than jpay. Thanks

I personally have not tried it. It is one of the two that is recommended to use. The other is JPay, that is who I use.

This is actually for Cybersuite. It is a link thru Access. If you notice it says, "starts" as low as $2.95 Well, that is the same as JPay.... they start at $2.95 fee also.
Caresgirl (03-04-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Donation Award 

Default Cybersuite vs. J-pay

Quote:
I'm not sure if cybersuite is cheaper than J-pay but it's what I have always used and it works well. I've never had any issues with it and he gets my $$ to him just fine.

Blessings, Ally

Last edited by AllyM; 03-03-2009 at 02:31 PM.. Reason: cause i'm a dufus and left out some words
The Following User Says Thank You to AllyM For This Useful Post:
Caresgirl (03-04-2009)
Old 03-04-2009, 12:17 PM
SOULMATES
Donation Award 

I was wondering if it was cheaper because I believe JPay charges up to $5.95 service fee if your sending money anywhere between $30 and $100. So every little bit adds up. I know with JPay when I send money my husband will get it the very next day. I wonder if the Cybersuite site works the same way as in if they get the money the next business day or not? Well thanks so much for all your input.

Old 03-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
I was wondering if it was cheaper because I believe JPay charges up to $5.95 service fee if your sending money anywhere between $30 and $100. So every little bit adds up. I know with JPay when I send money my husband will get it the very next day. I wonder if the Cybersuite site works the same way as in if they get the money the next business day or not? Well thanks so much for all your input.
From the Cybersuite site:

Deposit Amount:
Min. $0.01, Max. $300
Fees
$0.01 $20.00 - $2.95
$20.01$100.00 - $5.95
$100.01$200.00 - $7.50
$200.01$300.00 - $9.50

I do believe it gets there the next BUSINESS day if I do it early enough in the day (it sure comes out of my bank account fast anyway)... but he doesn't always get notified right away. He tells me when he's scheduled to go to stores and I always try to get it to him the week before just in case.

Honestly, CDCR and the words the VERY NEXT DAY! my experience!

Blessings, Ally

Last edited by AllyM; 03-04-2009 at 07:25 PM..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AllyM For This Useful Post:
Caresgirl (03-05-2009), LuvandLaughsCA (03-05-2009), Shush (03-08-2009)
Old 03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,611 Posts

cybersuit seems to be one $ cheaper for the amount i did send. I recently tried Jpay and for me it did work fine (making the payment) lets see if it will work that fine for my loved one too. he should have his money the beginning of week, then we will see if he gets it quicker as on the way i used to send it before.

the good on jpay is, it works for international money transfer....

the way the other acts is his karma and responsibility, the way I respond is mine!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shush For This Useful Post:
AllyM (03-08-2009), Junior'sQueen (03-08-2009)
Old 03-08-2009, 01:53 PM
STB-Mrs. Palomares

Is there anyway for me to see if he needs money without me asking him? I don't send money but am worried if he has any because I know his fam is going thru hard times. I feel bad giving his mom money for him but not for her. (I know she is struggling right now) Also, If I put money in his account will he know it's from me?
Old 03-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,941 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesweetie View Post
Is there anyway for me to see if he needs money without me asking him? I don't send money but am worried if he has any because I know his fam is going thru hard times. I feel bad giving his mom money for him but not for her. (I know she is struggling right now) Also, If I put money in his account will he know it's from me?
The only way you can find out is by asking him. I'm sure even if you were to send $20 that is helpful. My man says he can survive off of $40 or so a month if he has to. I think his mom probably just appreciates what you do for her son. You can always send the money via Cybersuite or JPay. If sending on line using one of these, and sending $30 or less, I believe they both cost $2.95 to send. Anything more, Cybersuite seems to be a tad less.

When I send money to my man, he usually knows it is from me, since I am the only one that sends it. He had told me along time ago that when he gets money on his books, he receives a notice of the date & amount, but with no name, who sent it. I don't know if this is the way they operate in all of the prisons, with no name on the notice, but that is how it is with my man.

Hope this helps answer your questions.
onesweetie (03-08-2009), poppadoug (12-07-2010), Shush (03-09-2009)
Old 03-09-2009, 01:06 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesweetie View Post
money is a delicate subject.... but I would stay honest and ask straight away. let him know how you feel, most of all as his family has a hard time. may wrok better on the long term...

I dont know how it is now, but until now my name has been on the money he did get on his books

the way the other acts is his karma and responsibility, the way I respond is mine!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shush For This Useful Post:
Junior'sQueen (03-09-2009), onesweetie (03-10-2009)
Old 03-10-2009, 02:12 PM
SOULMATES
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shush View Post
cybersuit seems to be one $ cheaper for the amount i did send. I recently tried Jpay and for me it did work fine (making the payment) lets see if it will work that fine for my loved one too. he should have his money the beginning of week, then we will see if he gets it quicker as on the way i used to send it before.

the good on jpay is, it works for international money transfer....

Just wondering if the payment went through quickly for you using Cybersuit?

Old 03-11-2009, 02:42 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

Quote:
Just wondering if the payment went through quickly for you using Cybersuit?
I used Jpay....... and information need time to get to me. right now I dont know: he should have had it yesterday..... but this only his letter which I get in a week may show.... if there is no phone call before....

The Following User Says Thank You to Shush For This Useful Post:
Caresgirl (03-12-2009)
Old 03-17-2009, 01:25 AM
grateful for my Man!
Donation Award 

ok, here the news: jpay worked brilliant; the money has been quick on his account.

after more then a week, I got an answer from the "money part" of access. they dont accept any European credit cards and so it is impossible for all guys from Europe or other parts of the world to use that service.

I use access for sending parcels and have been very content, but that money department seems to need some more "trainng" also in service.
might be a good solution for all guys in the US, for us oversea it is not. so we use the concurence like jpay!

Old 04-21-2009, 08:52 AM

I spent a few minutes and compared and yes, Access Corrections is cheaper than JPay. The rates for both:

Access
$20 - $100 = $5.95
$101 - $200 = $7.50
$201 - $300 = $9.50

JPAY
$20 - $100 = $5.95
$101 - $200 = $8.95
$201 - $300 = $10.95

Hope this helps!