Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jails > Airway Heights Corrections Center - Washington
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Airway Heights Corrections Center - Washington Topics and discussion specific to Airway Heights Corrections Center in Airway Heights, Washington.

Old 04-12-2006, 08:56 AM

Default Local calls from Airway Heights Correction Center

Does anyone know or have a guesstimate about how much it costs to call a local number from airway heights. i.e. residential or cell? 16 bucks a call is beyond ridiculous and it's financially devestating...
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2006, 11:58 AM
Donation Award 

Have you checked out Prison Calls Online?

When Fellah was at AHCC, I lived in Oregon and phone calls were over $20 per 20 minutes. Using PCO, they were just under $6.00.

Here is the link: http://prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181898

JJT
Old 04-12-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Pco

PCO quoted me about 6 bucks a call as well. I'm a penny pincher... gotta believe there is another way around the system.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:56 PM

Where are you located?
I'm in Puyallup and they quoted me $10 something.......
Old 04-14-2006, 12:10 PM

Default Calls to Cell Phone???

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the collect calls from the prison on a cell phone? Verizon Wireless told me I am able to recieve collect calls, but I know the prison system is kind of funny about some stuff. I'm in Everett, Doug is at AHCC and the new cell number they gave me is for Moses Lake.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:13 PM

Default WOW.. well.....

Well I resubmitted my quote to PCO to ask about the cost of local calls using a friends local spokane number and this is what they sent to me

The price quote is from Airway Hts, WA the Facility TO you no matter where you are. You could be outside the prison wall the price remains the same.Thank you for your interest in our service.Tele-Net Inc./PCO

So I responded with this reply

Then what is the point of doing a quote if no matter where you are, as long as you are accepting calls from Airway Heights it will cost the same. If that is the case your prices should be posted and you are wasting a large amount of money on providing quotes to prospective clients. I will save you some time and post the quote and this information on the prison talk website and save people alot of time
and money to inquire about your service.

thank you so much for your time.

My quote was 3.00 to connect and 16 cents a minute with 26.00 a month fee and 44.00 connection fee. Thats about 6.20 a call. I'm furious and their information is misleading and their response was an insult. I will have my significant other call my friends local spokane cell number and see what the charges will be, I thought about getting a local residential number there to cut costs and have the calls forwarded but you still have to pay long distance so possibly a local cell number may be more inexpensive. I will post immediately after I find out. If you want my original quote and their original email response I will forward them to you. We are victimized enough having to go through what we go through. It's infuriating

Last edited by sweet98201; 04-14-2006 at 12:19 PM..
Old 04-14-2006, 12:17 PM

Default Oops

And I am in Everett so Puyallup shouldn't cost 4 dollars more. Totally ridiculous. I would love to know how they do their quotes.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,025 Times in 560 Posts

Well I am not in your state, but I do not know of any cell phone that will accept collect calls. Now, I have heard of plenty of people who will call forward their home phone to their cell phone and this works for many who do it. Of course it is not allowed, but I think for the most part, the prisons here anyway turn their head at the practice. They just do not allow 3 way calls.

You could always have a test call made and then you would know. Have someone call you collect on it and see if you can take their call.

All my best to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 04-14-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet98201
I thought about getting a local residential number there to cut costs and have the calls forwarded but you still have to pay long distance so possibly a local cell number may be more inexpensive.
Keep us posted on this please I just posted on this on another thread. I'm in Everett and my cell is in Moses Lake for AHCC calls.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Unconditional Supporter

"Custom calling features are not allowed during this call" don't you hate that message???? I've never heard of collect calls to a cell phone either, but i know you can have calls forwarded to your cell from your home phone, also, 3-way calling isn't allowed, but it's very easy to bypass and do it anyway, in which case, your cell phone could be called!
Old 04-14-2006, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babygirl350
You could always have a test call made and then you would know. Have someone call you collect on it and see if you can take their call.
Thanks for this advice. I tried to call myself collect from home and got that message "the number you are calling does can not recieve collect calls." Now I'm mad because I had to call VW to make them remove whatever block they had on there and the gal told me that none of the cell companies allow for collect calls to be recieved. She's like, "you can have him call your home number and have the call forwarded to your cell" and I'm like "HELLO!!!??! He's calling from AHCC, why would I have him call Everett and have the number forwarded back to MOSES LAKE!!??" Why do these people act like bricks?

Does anyone have any other options? I am so strapped for cash right now it's unbelieveable. How much do you think one call from AHCC to Everett would cost anyways??
Old 04-14-2006, 02:07 PM

You need to call your phone company and see if they offer prepaid collect calls. If they do then you can set up an account that way. I receive my calls through MCI and I have done it that way for 2 years. I also have a home account which is not prepaid, so if my prepaid account runs out, someone who is home when I am not just forwards the calls. Every company is different though. Just call your phone service provider and find out! If not just do the call forwarding. Whoever does it for you though has to click over, call you and then wait for you to answer. One you answer they can click back over and then you will both be on the phone. They CAN NOT click over and call you then click back over, if they do it will disconnect your phone call! My phone calls are only $1.20 and when I do a prepaid account I save 20%. Like I said I would just contact your local phone service provider!!
Good luck!!!
Old 04-14-2006, 02:11 PM

You can also set up what is called a business account with your phone company. This is a line that will be set up inside of your house, but you can say it is for business phone calls and you need a different area code. I just got lucky with my phone calls, both my husband and I are in a 614 area code, but I know other women who live out of state, or whatever and they have done this. So if you live in 702, and the area code where he is at is 123, then have the business phone line set up with a 123 area code that can recieve collect calls!!!!

Good luck again!
Old 04-14-2006, 08:39 PM

Default for those of you who do the business line

Okay, for those of you who do a business line with a spokane area code how much are your collect calls costing you? How much is the business line costing?
Old 04-14-2006, 09:23 PM
Donation Award 

Ya know, I tried to get a business line in Spokane and was told by Qwest that it was illegal to have a business phone line in Spokane if I did not live there.

But, some one else was able to get one......... I can't remember who or how.

JJT
Old 04-15-2006, 02:07 AM
~Washington JustGirls~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Ya know, I tried to get a business line in Spokane and was told by Qwest that it was illegal to have a business phone line in Spokane if I did not live there.

But, some one else was able to get one......... I can't remember who or how.

JJT
I do know that Kelli at one point did something like this.. had another phone set up somewhere else...
Old 04-15-2006, 02:11 AM
~Washington JustGirls~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet98201
I will have my significant other call my friends local spokane cell number and see what the charges will be,
They can't call cell phones collect.. not sure if I'm reading that right.. but if so just wanted you to know...

and I used PCO and they were a godsend to me when my now-ex was in... 6.00 per call is alot better than what it would have been...

good luck!
Old 04-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Patiently Waiting.....

There is also a company (I can't think of the name off the top of my head) but if you call them and give them your cell # they will set up an account where you can receive collect calls on your cell phone. You have to put money on this account before you can start receiving the phone calls, and it can be no less than $50.00. My man is in AHCC and gave me the number so he wouldn't have to call the house phone all of the time. Setting up the account wasn't hard at all, I called gave them my cell phone provider, cell phone number, the institituion my man is at, and they told me how much it would cost per call and that was it. If you are interested in knowing more just send me a PM and I will pull out the information for you.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:32 AM

If you have call forwarding you can recive the calls on your cell all you do i forward your calls from your home and you can get the call on your cell i do it everyday.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:36 PM
Until the sun sets

Okay I am also broke due to these pricy collect calls but I know how much I like being on the phone.....I live in California and I receive calls from Washington the calls are about 22.00 per call so I went with prisoncallsonline and they bill me 26 a month plus 8.00 per call which is still a lot, when qwest only charges 2.29. So they are making hell a money of a me. So...if anyone has a friend, husband, whatever in CA and is out of state and whats to start a phone line in CA let me know...then you can have the calls fowarded to your location. Let's help eachother out. Just pay your bill on time so it wont get disconnected.
Much Luv,
Ney
Old 05-18-2006, 10:17 AM
Donation Award 

Please remember that the WA DOC phone system can tell if you are call forwarding, three way calling or using a cell phone. If you are caught trying to circumvent the system, the inmate will loose all phone privilages. I have heard about it too many times to want to ever risk it.

Also remember that PTO is a public site and that some DOC employees do read the threads here. If you are posting about how to get around the cost of phone calls, the DOC may not be able to figure out who your guy is, but they can certainly make it harder for ALL WA inmates to make phone calls.

It would be just like the visiting room. The rules are there because someone in the past tried to get away with something, and now the rules are so strict, you can barely touch each other.

I would hate to see something like this happen with phone calls. In order to stop a few, the DOC will impliment rules on everyone.

When I was living in Oregon and Fellah was in AHCC, the charges were rediculous!! I had to eat and pay bills, so I put money on his Postal Account so he could write to me. We only talked via the phone once a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Under the new system, set to be in place by midsummer, the same call will cost a flat rate of $3.15 or $3.50, depending on whether it's a collect call or paid out of new inmate phone accounts.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/...one_Calls.html
JJT
Old 06-15-2006, 03:50 PM

My calls are coming from Airway Heights to Tri-Cities. Before I hooked up the house phone I was using VAC and having the calls come to my cell phone! Each 20 min call was about $5.30. However, remember the rates are dropping this summer!!! Yeah!!!!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:28 PM

Default Hmmm.. is it too good to be true???

So I've heard that my honey has heard that the phone calls will be dropping to something like a flat 3.50 a call effective July 27th????? Anyone else heard anything?? Wouldn't that be awesome.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Only He Has The Key
Donation Award 

Angry Phones goin crazy "509"

So @ AHCC an I know Stafford creek the phones are going bananas. When an inmate tries to call a 509# it says that the prison has a block on the phone.

when you call the prison, they dont know whats up

*when you call the phone company, they don't know whats up

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:an gry:

Old 07-25-2007, 11:13 AM

There has been a lot of problems at AHCC recently. Doug told me that last week the phones were jam packed at camp because all the DOC blocks came off and inmates were calling people they weren't supposed to. When enough people finally called in to complain about receiving calls that they weren't supposed to be getting AHCC shut it down by telling all the guys to return to their rooms or they were all getting majors. They said they are having trouble because of the construction they are doing.