Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Federal General Prison Talk This forum is for general topics & discussions relating to the U.S. Federal Prison System. If there is no other category available, please use this one.

Old 01-12-2009, 06:24 PM

Question What are the rules for being on Federal House Arrest?

When can he leave the house? How is free time calculated?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thickem View Post
When can he leave the house? How is free time calculated?
You are able to go shopping for 1-3 hours for food and errands are up to the caseworke or USPO depending on how your sentencing orders read,whether it's a probation home confinement or a BOP home confinement "There is a difference" you are allowed to go to work and must maintain full time employment, unless approved for school or are disabled. You are allowed travel time depending on the commute, you will have an ankle bracelet and have to install a device that is hooked up to your phone at your expense . You are also aloud 4 hours for church and doctors appointments .It is pretty restrictive and is to be taken and approached seriously as it is the one of the quickest ways to get another case and a violation if you don't follow the rules. Good Luck!

Last edited by dundunnit; 01-12-2009 at 06:44 PM..
Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Do you happen to know the rules for the family and how much of an impact it has on the family taking a loved one in who is serving the last several months by Home Confinement. Alcohol, phone calls, visits, etc...... (non-violent, white collar). I am questioning the impact on my family and children.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,539 Times in 1,071 Posts

No guns is the main rule. Depending on the charge and history, alcohol may be forbidden for him, not you. If he is on a electronic bracelet, there will be a signal that checks on him. I think the disruption is minimal and it is a really good thing you are doing.
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
swcv (03-03-2009)
Old 03-03-2009, 12:20 PM

Thank you. Are they usually electronically monitored? He will be coming from an FPC (minimum security). Thanks again for your quick reply
Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Resident Smart Ass

My husband's uncle was given 6 months home confinment (no jail time) and they did not give im an ankle bracelet. This was also for a federal case. Now they call and check on him whenever, but they said they would give him the benefit at first, of not having to wear the ankle bracelet. Also the po can come by and check whenever she wants, and does somewhat often, without warning

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-03-2009, 05:43 PM
Resident Smart Ass

I don't know if it made a difference that he was not incarcerated.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission"
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 03-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,539 Times in 1,071 Posts

It seems like small towns do not have always have the equipment, but generally people are given ankle bracelets.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 AM
gumpsgirl854

i was not given an ankle bracelet either,the people from the halfway house that i had to go to for 10 days before detroit had all my paperwork done for home confinement,they would call me about 10 times a day ,i had to fill out a paper every week and tell of appointments ,shpooing anything i needed to go in the week ,i also had to go see the people at the 1/2 way house 2 x's a week for drug screen and to blow in the alcohol thing,and fill out another weekly report for the next week,if plans change as are on your weekly report you must call them and ask permission,i just mainly stayed home unless i had doctor appointments.it worked pretty good for me until my probation started in may of 08,now im free to do as i please and it feels great ,my probation is one in a million and many people cant say that .you call the drug hotline every day,do as your suppose to and you will be fine.good luck an god bless