Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Connecticut Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Connecticut prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 01-11-2009, 11:30 AM

Default Global Tel-Link

Hi, does anyone use Global Tell Link? My fiance keeps telling me to sign up and that it would save me %20 on our calls. Does this really work, is it a pain in the ass to use????
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2009, 01:27 PM

they are a pain but they are the only company to use..set up a prepaid acct. this way you can control the amount of money u spend on calls. I can tell u with you being in Danbury and him being in Bpt. the calls will be expensive..so first thing you need to do is get your number on his list then he has to make attempts on the call and then u can call GTL to set up the prepaid account. I am not sure what they allow in calls anymore..its been a long time since I have had an acct..
Old 01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Donation Award 

I use globaltel link. I like the fact that it is prepaid so I can control my spending. At least I know I won't get a bill later for hundreds of dollars. There are some things I don't like about them but for the most part it fits my needs right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to TelovesVR For This Useful Post:
forthelonghaul (02-10-2011)
Old 01-12-2009, 08:22 AM

I also use Global Tel Link and so far I havent had an issue w/ them. I love the prepaid account because I can control how much I use it. I try not to go over $100 a month but it does get expensive. I'm in Norwalk & he's in Uncasville so the calls are about $5 every 15 minutes.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:39 PM

I actually spoke with them today, i have to fax over my phone bill in the morning but the rep I spoke with said if you sign up for a pre paid acct you get a discount wich will average about $3.75 per 15 min call. Edit* I live in Trumbull and he's in Cheshire*Once I fax my bill to them the service should begin in 3 business days. I will let you know how it goes.

Last edited by sadinct; 01-28-2009 at 07:41 PM..
Old 01-28-2009, 09:47 PM
KirinElizabeth

It is a huge pain in the ass to set up an account (it literally took 5 phone calls and an hour of being on hold to get a real person) but in the long run it is worth it. Like everyone else has said it is good because you are able to control the amount of money you spend. You just need a lot of patience initially when you are setting up your account!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:43 PM

i have been tring for 2 days to get a hold of them
Old 02-13-2009, 08:00 PM

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,208 Times in 3,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neat1342 View Post
i have been tring for 2 days to get a hold of them
They have been MAD busy lately. I found the only time I can get them on the phone is when I call first thing when they open (8am). I still have to wait but at least I can get to someone.

Good luck!
Old 02-13-2009, 08:29 PM

hmmmm now i have questions!!! lol i live in a dorm so i'll be billed at the end of the year. do you guys think that I could get that set up for our dorm phone? i just wanna talk to my baby
Old 02-23-2009, 04:01 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickslady View Post
they are a pain but they are the only company to use..set up a prepaid acct. this way you can control the amount of money u spend on calls. I can tell u with you being in Danbury and him being in Bpt. the calls will be expensive..so first thing you need to do is get your number on his list then he has to make attempts on the call and then u can call GTL to set up the prepaid account. I am not sure what they allow in calls anymore..its been a long time since I have had an acct..

are they always busy
Old 02-23-2009, 04:02 PM

my baby been locked up or a year and i still havae not got in contact with gtl he has been usin his canteen to call me how can i get in contact with these people its way more easy to visit then get a call
Old 02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamitha20 View Post
my baby been locked up or a year and i still havae not got in contact with gtl he has been usin his canteen to call me how can i get in contact with these people its way more easy to visit then get a call
If you call and they are busy you can just opt to let them call you back and you remain in the same cue as if you had stayed on hold. Make sure you catch the call though or its back to square one. Whats happening when you try to call them?
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 AM

all i did was call 1 877 371 1628 and i talked to someone told them my phone carrier was charging me plz take there (gtl) block off within 24 hours it was lifted i will tell you i live in norwich and at that time he was in corrigan for 15 mins it cost 2.00 a call but now that hes in bergin i havent gotton my phone bill but i know its going to be high ...Baby was in the hospital 4 a week(RSV) and he called me 5 times a day to check on him (my home phone was programed to my cell phone) i do that alot so i dont miss his call ...lol....

Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM

Default GTL automatic call back

Be careful with the automatic call back option from GTL. They are supposed to call you back within 2 hours. I've called around 6-7 pm and on one occasion they called me back AFTER midnight and another time it was after 11 pm. For the most part they do call back fairly quickly, but just be aware you run a risk of a very late night call.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:30 PM

I think the reason4 the late calls are because there located in California or Texes i cant remember but it all has to do with the time zones and there not "open" 24/7

Old 04-24-2009, 06:55 PM
*Mommy n Wifey*
Donation Award 

AGGHHH!!! Ive been driving myself crazy for the past 3 DAYS wondering why my fiance hasnt called, thinking something was wrong, or he got in trouble... AND THIS WHOLE TIME IT WAS GLOBAL TEL!!!! for some ODD reason, they created the account, took the money off my card, but didnt CLICK THE OK BUTTON to activate the account!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am soooo irritated with these people it is not even funny. If you do not have to use a prepaid account to get calls, it would so much be worth just payin the regular price, i wish i could recieve regular collect calls, I AM SO FED UP WITH GLOBAL TEL!

sorry.... I just had to vent my frustrations!!!!!

Last edited by ~*HiS WiFeY*~; 04-24-2009 at 06:56 PM..
Old 04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
his one and only

i pay 6.75 for a local call with gtl and that is for 15 minutes

For wherever you go, I will go; And wherever you lodge, I will lodge; Your people shall be my people, And your God, my God.

Old 08-04-2009, 03:00 PM
LaDy YuMYuM LoVes BoNeZ

has everone used this ny? i was just told about this.... do i have to get a whole another phone line or is it something just added to my regular phone or this is a long shot but can it be added to a cell phone?...

any information would be good information...... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help

Old 08-04-2009, 05:56 PM

Globaltel Link is the phone system that is used with the collect calls you receive.You need to receive collect calls on a landline. You should make sure you do not have a block to have the collect calls go through. I personally have att and the type of plan that I have it looks like that it is included in my service. Have not seen charges for collect calls. You can forward the calls to your cell phone-but then your cell bill might be extremely big. You should call Globaltel link and they can check your landline to see if there is any block.
By the way I am origionally from NY-queens but live in Connecticut. My fiancee is in a florida jail-will go to court on August 24 -hopefully he will know then what is time will be in jail and also for him to defend himself. Hope this information helps.

Leslie
Old 08-04-2009, 08:18 PM
Wide Awake Site Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Superstar of the Year PTO Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,915 Times in 1,232 Posts

Hi, be careful because most states (and CT is one) does not allow calls to be made through a cell phone. The provider CT uses is GTL and does a prepaid account. My calls are $3 for 15 minutes. When he was at a different prison it was $3.33 for 15 minutes. You can't have it forwarded because the call will instantly be terminated. With GTL, if you have a debit card you can call them and have them add money to your account, rather than mailing the check and waiting for it to process. No matter what, it gets crazy expensive--but 6.75 for 15 minutes is nuts!! You can get the GTL number and info from the CT DOC web page. good luck!
Old 08-06-2009, 09:00 PM

i used to pay $2 then he was moved. i now pay $5.35 both with GTL just different parts of the state
Old 10-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Why do we have to bother with Global Tell Link? My friend that is in prison in PA calls all over the United States with no problems. Me, I'm in CA and I get interruped by Global Tell Link. I have yet for a phone call from my friend to go through. I am on hold for hours when I call them. I added $50.00 to my account and now I want my money back. Why bother with this if it provides no service. Why can't he just call me direct. I have a phone company.
Old 10-04-2009, 01:44 PM

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 15,208 Times in 3,764 Posts

You have to use GTL is the State of Connecticut. There are 3rd party companies that offer service but the call still routes though GTL. If you google "cheaper prison phone calls" you should find some companies that offer this service. One of them, Prison Calls Online has banners on this site that you can click on - there are others as well.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:31 PM

hey! today i got a phone service with vonage, I'm hoping it was the right choice! I'm going to call GTL Monday to set up a prepaid account since Vonage doesn't accept collect calls (I didn't know this) hopefully it won't be a pain!(im scared haha)
Old 10-17-2009, 07:06 PM

GTL wont let u set up an acct until the number has been put on the inmates acct and there has been attempts made on the #.so I would wait..let the number get approved first and tell him to make as many attempts as he can..you will need to fax in a copy of the bill to GTL and they tell you that u have to wait 5 business days to set up..and getting the number on his list could take up to 3 weeks..if you have any other questions..u can pm me