Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region I Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Florida - Region I Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities: Apalachee-E CI, Apalachee-W CI, Bay CF, Blackwater River CF, Calhoun CI, Century CI, Franklin CI, Gadsden CF, Graceville CF, Gulf CI, Gulf CI-Annex , Holmes CI, Jackson CI, Jefferson CI, Liberty CI, NWFRC, NWFRC Annex, Okaloosa CI, Quincy Annex, Santa Rosa CI, Santa Rosa Annex, Taylor CI, Taylor Annex, Wakulla CI, Wakulla CI Annex, Walton CI

Old 01-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,054 Times in 958 Posts
Default NWFRC: Quarantine

Just to let you all know:

Something has a hold of about a third of the compound up there. Marty said tonight they have had one whole dorm roped off for a couple days and the officers going in and out are wearing masks.

He said last night several of the guys woke up puking and messing their pants and they took them out of his dorm somewhere else.

He says there is talk it was all over some bad salad dressing, but folks wouldn't be getting sick a week after the first ones if that was the case.

They allowed visits today, though.

This is not to scare anyone too death, just keeping you posted is all.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 07:07 PM

Wow...well on the doc website it said they had some type of virus going around but in the reception & medical centr and baker c.i.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:34 AM

My loved one is in NWFRC That explains why I haven't heard from him for almost a month. I hope he is ok. I have sent mail but no replies which isn't like him not to contact me.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

Maybe it's just me, but if I hadn't heard from Marty in a month...oh, hell that would never happen...I would have been calling no later than four business days.

The holidays hasn't messed mail up THAT much and if anyone was that sick for that long, someone needs to know about it.

Marty said the other night, this guy was having stomach cramps and pissing blood. Sgt called medical and they told him to tell the prisoner if he declared a medical emergency and it wasn't (and there's no telling what THEY decide is and is not a medical emergency), they'd write him a DR and lock him up. So, the prisoner went back to his bunk and laid down.

There are some dingaling's that will declare an emergency for a head ache...but, dang...bloody urine?

I'd be standing on my head of that was Marty. He may be JUST passing kidney or gall stones...but, bloody urine isn't something to 'wait and see' with.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

Last edited by Anjewel; 01-08-2009 at 06:00 PM..
Old 01-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 6,479 Times in 3,666 Posts

No that is not something to "wait and see if passes." Ben has been having problems with his shoulder and one of the officers actually declared medical emergency for him and sent him to medical. They put him on a 2 week no work pass (much to Ben's dismay since he gets bored), but I about fell out when he told THEY sent him to medical. But Ben's not the kind of person that would allow something like bloody urine to keep his from seeing someone. He'd say "write me the DR and then Tallahassee will be hearing from my wife." They like the ones who are scared of them and their threats of DRs, but I'd just have to say write me the DR after you let me see the Dr.

"To thine own self be true" - William Shakespeare
Old 01-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

You got it right, Ben's ....and sadly a whole lot of them don't have anyone out here to help them (backup) or the know how to fight them with their own rules.

You are right, Marty would have told them real quick what he thought about their DR, but he has learned not to fight others battles in there. That's a whole other can of worms!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:25 PM

Thanked 3,078 Times in 1,123 Posts

I'm a nurse and I can't believe someone would not think that a medical emergency, it's either a bad infection or stones and both need to be treated, must have been some lazy staff on that night!! Hope he finally got seen .

"Snowflakes are one of natures most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together" Vista M. Kelly
Old 01-09-2009, 03:42 AM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

boop's...you are correct, but sadly, this happens more often than not.

Even with the quarantine going on, that was a major screw up on someone's part.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:01 AM

Baker CI and NWFRC Main viso is cancelled this weekend. The virus is norovirus..which the internet stats "stomach virus". My husband is over at NWFRC Annex..and i was planning on going tomorrow..i think i will call them first...damn i would hate to pick something up over there...
Old 01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

I just called the Main and Annex units and neither person that answered the phone knew anything about viso being cancelled.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 PM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

Taken straight from the website:

1/8/09: Notice: Norovirus at Baker CI and RMS - Visitation

Baker CI continues to have active norovirus cases. Those who are planning to visit please call first in case visiting for the weekend is cancelled. Baker staff are taking action through preventative measures to ensure sanitation of the facility is increased with the use of bleach, education of all inmates on the virus and the importance of hand washing and to let them know they may want to let their visitors know so they can make an educated decision on whether they should visit or not.

RMC West also continues to have new cases. We regret that we must cancel visitation this weekend to those visiting inmates at the West Unit. Please call if you have questions about visitation.

Now, the part I bolded up about educating the prisoners...that's a crock because Marty said most of the employees wear masks and come around spraying bleach everywhere, but they haven't told them WHAT the hell it is that's got them in such an uproar.

I also make sure to speak to someone that actually works the VP to ask questions since the time I called to ask about visitation at Santa Rosa and got three different sets of rules...then, it hit me to call and speak to the Sgt of the VP. I told him what I went through and he advised me to always ask for someone that has worked the park RECENTLY as rules change (duh!) if I couldn't get ahold of him because if they don't work the park, they don't know the park.

And, of course, this could be old news and visits are back on now...after all, this was way back yesterday.

Last edited by Anjewel; 01-09-2009 at 08:58 PM..
Old 01-09-2009, 10:04 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

I had already posted the website info in the thread in the visitation forum, but forgot to come back here and post. Thanks, Shooga for doing that.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Sun dried Peach
Donation Award 

Don't mention it, Ben's...

Also, I wanted to make everyone aware of the difference in NWFRC and RMC West.

NWFRC is in Chipley, Region 1....way up in the panhandle. RMC West is in Lake Butler, Region 2.

The announcement was on RMC West and Baker.

Now, Marty is at NWFRC (no announcement) and that mess is up there, also. With almost daily transfers from here to there and back again, you can pretty much count on it being at any facility. If I was going to visit anywhere in the state of Florida this weekend, I'd decide first, if I wanted to take the chance on getting that mess (I can't afford to be out of work right now). Then, if I decided to go anyway (because love knows no bounds for me most of the time), I'd call to see if visit was going on before I made the trip, unless you only got a twenty minute ride.

Old 01-11-2009, 07:44 PM

Default Graceville Quarantined Too!

My son said Graceville C F. had to be Quarantined due to someone has the Chicken Pox.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Closed

What's a DR? Just wondering. And I seriously hope my man didn't get sick while he was at the RMC West in Lake Butler. How long ago was this?? B/C he was at the RMC and RMCWEST around 9/8
Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Dawn loves Michael always

Hey Jenny,

The dates of the posts are at the top. From what I can see this was back in January of this year. My husband was at the NWFRC from July 30-Sept 4. No illness. Though he did catch a cold.

A DR is a disciplinary report. They can lose gain time and get sent to disciplinary confinement. This link http://www.dc.state.fl.us/secretary/...33/index2.html will give you lots of necessary information. I went through it one weekend and now whenever something comes up I'm unsure about I refer to it. It is a great help.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Administrator Emeritus

Donation Award 

JennyLynn, this all happened back in January. The date of a post can be found above the username.

And a DR is a disciplinary report. It is what is given when an inmate is written up for something against the rules and can result in confinement time and loss of gaintime...this is not a good thing.

Edit: wifeofMichael, we were posting at the same time