Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Texas should be posted here.

Old 12-29-2008, 02:30 PM

Lightbulb How long does it take for a parole decision????

I was wondering how long does Hunstville Board take for a decision??? They told me that my honey has been on review since 11-25-08...I am just wondering beacuse i am stressing myself...Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2008, 02:41 PM

Wish i could help you. My guy is in parole review. They said December parole review, but as of today, Gatesville still does not have his file. I am going crazy. We are so close. Hope you get your yes soon!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:45 PM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,062 Times in 799 Posts

I know everyone is going to get tired of reading my answer but if it helps someone then that is all I care about.

Hubby saw IPO in last week of March. File reached Huntsville board exactly 1 month(April) after his IPO visit. Received my telephone interview a week and a half later (May)on a Tuesday, 1st vote was in on that Thursday and decision reached on Friday. So just about 5 weeks.
ldonnarhea (12-31-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 03:30 PM

Question

So ? what was his answer if you dont mind me asking??? IS the Huntsville board very difficult to get a yes from
Old 12-29-2008, 03:48 PM

Patience is a virtue...I know you're going nuts in the wait; good luck to you.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:35 PM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

My husband received a 1 yr. set-off.

While many say it is hard to get a yes from this board or that board, I choose to look at things from a spiritual aspect. God is the ONLY one in control. When He says is final and no parole board member, no support letter, no phone call, no lawyer can change it!!!! We got a not yet and while very disappointing, I sooooo understand it and am thankful. We are now close to the parole review again.

So I do not know your spiritual beliefs and would NEVER push mine on you, so I just say be positive, take the necessary steps that you can to help, and I wish you all the best!!!!!!! And always remember, many things with TDCJ is a waiting game!!!!
Belnlulu (12-29-2008), larch (12-29-2008), ldonnarhea (12-31-2008), shela (12-29-2008), snowflake13 (01-07-2009)
Old 12-30-2008, 09:40 AM

Thanked 4,947 Times in 2,969 Posts

A review for parole can takes months, especially if it is a first review. If he has been in review since November 25 then that really is not very long. Normally, the next thing that you would know about the review process is when he is seen by the IPO. His file will not be going to the board until after that happens so, if that has not happened, you can just wait until you hear from him that it has. After that you can call the local parole board that he falls under each week to find out if his file has arrived there to be voted on.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobinsMan For This Useful Post:
Belnlulu (12-30-2008), ldonnarhea (12-31-2008)
Old 12-30-2008, 09:53 AM

Thank you very much for your information
Old 12-31-2008, 05:54 AM

My loved one was reviewed the end of May. Got a yes October 22. His parole plan was approved November 24 and his certificate of release was printed December 22 now we are waiting for the release date. this is out of the Huntsville board office. He has been in 18 years and this was his 8th parole review in 12 years. So don't give up.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:59 PM
Staffer on LOA

I agree 100% with Mrs. Low!! Although people can tell you this or that God has the final decision. My husband came before Huntsville PB and after 15 years he was finally eligible for review in Nov, '07. My husband's file was pulled in June '07 and a decision was made in March of '08. Overall the whole process took us 9 months, it seemed like a lifetime. With this being our first time up for parole and after serving 15 years so many people told me not to get my hopes up high, over and over again I was told that the best we could hope for is a 2 or 3 year set off. Not wanting to believe in others and putting my faith in the hands of the Lord I just knew my husband was going to come home. In March we were granted a wonderful blessing and we received an FI-3R. This pass Sept I was able to pick up my husband and we have built a wonderful life together thanks to the mercy of God. I share this with you all...some have read it over and over and like Mrs. Low said if it helps just one person I will continue to share our story because I know how stressful this time may be the wondering, waiting, hoping, and praying!! All I have to say is please don't give up keep and hold on as tight as you can to every bit of faith and belief that your loved ones will return. What I haven't shared with you all is that in the mist of us waiting on a decision I was given the wrong answer by the parole board. I was told March 7th that my husband received a 2 year set off. That Sat I went and told my husband the news. We were sadden but thankful that it was a 2 year set off rather than a 5 year. The next Friday 14th I get a letter from my husband that he got an interview from one of the board members. I called the board and sure enough they said no decision had been made that he was still in review. I had been given a false vote. On March 21st we were granted a yes. I share this to show you all that at times situations can happen to alter your faith but regardless just stay strong and know that one day the sun will shine on you and your loved one!! Just stay positive!! Good Luck to you all. PTO family will always be in my heart!!

Last edited by *Quia*; 12-31-2008 at 03:30 PM..
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *Quia* For This Useful Post:
Belnlulu (01-02-2009), BRWNIS (01-07-2009), Dillon's Wife (01-07-2009), JaycieDnTejas (01-02-2009), ldonnarhea (12-31-2008), Mrs. Low (12-31-2008)
Old 12-31-2008, 03:48 PM
I Still Trust God!!!!!!!
Donation Award 

Thanks Quia!!!!!! I love when you share your experience because it serves as another example of God having the FINAL say!!!!!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
She Came Home 11/6/08
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,086 Times in 914 Posts

A powerful story, and a beautiful love story, Quia!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:32 PM

Wow, You all seemed to have to wait forever to find out an answer. My friend was originally with the Angleton board and right when his file was about to go there he got transfered to the San Antonio board. But after the board received his file I had the answer that same week they received it. Hang in there Belnlulu. I hope you all have your answer soon and it is a yes.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 AM
JUST US!!!

If my man is in Mineral Wells what parole board does he fall under? I was told 2 different ones???? I'm so confused who do I call to get the information I need?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingcourtney View Post
If my man is in Mineral Wells what parole board does he fall under? I was told 2 different ones???? I'm so confused who do I call to get the information I need?
Mineral Wells is under the Gatesville board.