Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Member Introductions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arkansas Member Introductions Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Arkansas prison system.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:46 PM

Default set up by confidential informant

I was the victom of a C.I.Who lived across the street.3 different buys.All class Ys.anyone know if they can use someone that is on probation for drug offenses to be a confidential informant?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 AM
TX Heart Matters

If you are asking with hope that maybe this was done illegally by the state... then you should definately check with your attorney and ask him if this can be done. It would be my guess that the informant made a deal with the DA for lesser time or downgraded conviction.
I hope that things go ok for you and that you are allowed to make things right while staying home.
stay strong.

Never go through life without a friend.
The Following User Says Thank You to walkonwater For This Useful Post:
rogerdoger (12-28-2008)
Old 12-28-2008, 06:17 AM

Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Donation Award 

Thanked 21,396 Times in 8,021 Posts

Actually, that's the normal way of getting CIs.
rogerdoger (12-28-2008)
Old 12-29-2008, 05:52 AM

Default Hmmmm...

Anyone on Felony probation or on Parole are not supposed to be CI's. If you were set up by someone on Felony probation or on Parole then turn the tables on them and call the Probation/Parole office and report them or call the Area Supervisor on them. This is one of the main reason the prisons are overcrowded. When they signed their probation papers they had to sign a form that said they would not be a CI and if they in turn became a CI after the fact then they are in direct violation of their Probation/Parole and should be violated and sent to prison with the people they set up.
The Following User Says Thank You to kekemacc1 For This Useful Post:
rogerdoger (12-29-2008)
Old 08-21-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm sorry about you being set up by a C.I. I was as well, although I caught 1 Class Y. My other was a Class C. Separate buys. I was thinking the guy that did this to me was on parole. He got a lot of people for them, yet he's still out there shoplifting and doing his drugs. Right now I'm looking at 5 years in pen and 15 years suspended.....on my first offense.

Jenn
Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM

he is on parole jeni,,but it doesnt matter,,,they go tell the parole officer before they went out,,he claims hes not doing any the drugs hes buying for them,,because he gets a script for loris his drug screens show up positive for opiates and they leave it at that,,they dont do further testing to see specificaly which opiates are in his system,,,that test costs them extra money out of their budget,,so his pills are masked so to speak,,,but the answer to a ci on parole is yes,,as long as they inform the parole officer of the activities before hand,,the parolee can be given clearance to participate in the snitchen,,,pathetic,,,whats worse is the dude just got poppd again for shop lifting and somehow made bail.gotta be snitchen again , that punk gonna be in so deep when he goes back,,,and you know he will eventually, i got the same three years to think about it,
Old 09-10-2009, 12:13 AM
Prison Rights Advocate

Default Not Legally

First of all, speaking as a person who has been on both probation and parole, you may NOT be a CI if you are actively on either. Now, I am not saying that it doesn't happen, but kekemacc1 is correct in saying that papers have to be signed for both agreeing that you will NOT work undercover for the police in any way. I actually had an experience that resulted in the chance to work undercover while on probation. I wasn't for it at all, but while talking with my PO, I was also reminded that I couldn't do it anyway. So, in my experience, POs and Cops are not "always trying to use a person on probation or parole" as a CI.

Secondly, while I am in agreement that being set up is soooo wrong, the bottom line is that we wouldn't be facing that sort of situation at all if we weren't breaking the law in the first place. While I feel very strongly that treatment of offenders by officers, prisons and the public at large needs a major overhaul, I feel that it is also important for each of us as individuals to take responsibility for our own wrongdoings as well.

Good luck to you, & please hang in there. This too shall pass.