Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal System News, Events and Legal Issues News & Events relating to the U.S. Federal Bureau of Prisons, U.S. Courts, Department of Justice and any legal questions you may have dealing with the Federal system.

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,368 Times in 4,633 Posts
Default FCI Victorville II on lockdown 12/22/08

Be sure to call before visiting - See article below. Z.

UPDATE: Federal authorities say Victorville prison now secure
By Jason Pesick on December 22, 2008 11:27

The disturbance at a medium-security federal correctional facility in the Victorville-Adelanto area has been quelled, federal officials said tonight.

The prison, the Federal Correctional Institution, Victorville II, is secured and on lockdown, according to a Federal Bureau of Prisons news release.

According to the release, at 6:10 p.m., there was a disturbance "involving multiple fights between numerous inmates in several housing units."

Four inmates needed to be taken to local hospitals because of injuries, and one staff member received minor injuries, according to the release. The cause of the disturbance is under invesigation.

A Desert Communications Center fire dispatcher said tonight that about half a dozen people were stabbed at the facility in the 13800 block of Air Expressway. One person was stabbed multiple times in the chest, he said.

Link to rest of article:
http://www.insidesocal.com/news247/2...ities-say.html
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
Csmcgrl23 (12-30-2008), Mzblueyez (01-01-2009), only1love (01-06-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,368 Times in 4,633 Posts

Another article:

http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/sa...ty/ci_11298015
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
F4L (12-25-2008)
Old 12-27-2008, 01:15 PM

my son is being moved from terre haute to victorville can anyone tell me anything about this facility. I am in Illinois and dont know if its good or bad or what. thank you
Old 12-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Federal Mother

Victorville has several facilities to it. FCI medium I, medium II, a satellite camp and a USP.
My son is in victorville med. I. Prior to that he turned himself into the US marshalls and stayed in a nearby county jail, which absolutely scared me. I hated it for him. He looked haggard and scared when I visited him there. But now that he is victorville, he can call home, and when I talk to him, gone is the fear in his voice. He sounds much happier. He says it is not bad there, and when I asked him if anyone has messed with him, he said No, it isn't like that there. = but then again, I am his mother & he'll want to protect me.
He has a small job cleaning the yard, not sure about classes - he's been there since mid Nov., and they have yet to straighten out his paper work.
Just the other day he sent me a picture of himself and his work crew. They all look hard, but that's just the way it has to be for them right now. Whereever your son ends up going, it is what it is.... there's nothing we can do about it now... try to remember: breathe.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:01 PM
svillarreal

It says they are short correctional officers. If this is so, why do they keep sending more and more people there? My husband was supposed to go to Englewood, but they said they don't care what the judge suggested. I guess the further away he is from his family the better for them. There so many other federal prisons they can distribute some of victorvilles inmates all around, at least untill they get enough officers.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Fairy Fed Mother

Thanked 3,225 Times in 1,393 Posts

I think all BOP facilities are under staffed. Victorville is still a "new" facility and I don't think they are close to capacity like other places are packed full. Under staffed or not I wish these guys would start acting right and think of what their actions do to the loved ones out here that are really worried. Grow up already and just do your time!!!

GO BULLS!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Mz.Blueyez

CSM, Nicely said! I agree. They don't think and sometimes do not care about what their actions do to us out here. They live in their momment.

FCI-2 victorville is an ok place, I guess. My husband is doing ok their. He has a job with UNICORE and really likes it. The counselors are no help to the family and never respond to phone calls, some of the guards act like they run the place and can be rude. But other than that it's ok.

Last edited by Mzblueyez; 01-01-2009 at 06:07 AM.. Reason: miss-spelled word
Old 01-06-2009, 09:51 AM

Question

Has anybody heard any new information on the lock down status? I know that sometimes the visitation canceling coincides with the lock down. Just last week the recording stated that all visitations were canceled until Jan 6, and for the last couple of days it says that all visitations have been canceled until further notice. With today being Jan 6, I've tried to call twice today to verify any information, but I can't get to a live person. Besides viewing the websites, which aren't always accurate, does anybody know if they are still on lock down or approximately when the lock down will be lifted?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Mz.Blueyez

Default FCI-2 Victorville Lockdown

I just got a call from one of the wifes that visits at FCI medium and was told riots broke out again today through several of the housing units. Now these guys will be on lockdown even longer. I hope my husband is alrght.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:24 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 30,779 Times in 14,247 Posts

Here is the link for the current Victorville Federal Prison's Lockdown thread:

Is Victorville Federal Prison on lockdown? LOCKDOWN Updates

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (03-04-2018)
Closed Thread