Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona subforum.

Old 12-12-2008, 07:39 PM

Default Can you get a paternity test done while he's in prison?

Hello everyone i wanted to know if they would let my fiance take a paternity test while he is there in prison cuz one of his ex-gf started saying that her son who is 1 is his son, but we dont think so unless he cheated on me. he has been seperated from her for 4 years and been with me for 2 so we dont think the child is his. but we want to make sure so can we do this?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Donation Award 

I have heard of this being done in prison. I think it might have to be court ordered though....

Good Luck!!
Old 02-16-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaikens View Post
Hello everyone i wanted to know if they would let my fiance take a paternity test while he is there in prison cuz one of his ex-gf started saying that her son who is 1 is his son, but we dont think so unless he cheated on me. he has been seperated from her for 4 years and been with me for 2 so we dont think the child is his. but we want to make sure so can we do this?
Yes it can be done,

you need to contact the Health Services Deptartment and cordinate it with them, so they can do the test. they will not initiate it if the inmate requests it.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:57 PM

Im sorry but i kinda would of liked to know. I got with my babby daddy an he is now locked up for 5years. My son is 7months an i told him if he doesnt believe me i have no problem giving him one cause he was the only one i was sleepin with. anyway i havent got any letters from him but he hasnt sent any back either. i sent him picture an ive app for visitation an calls so idk.. but anywho do i contact heath services in the prison or out of prison? how do i do that?

Old 03-03-2009, 04:06 PM
In It For The Long Run

Also he can wait to be subpoenaed by the court and they will arrange it with the prison and of course ur man won't be charged...

*Sra. Labios*

YAY IT'S COMING OFF!!! THANKS TO ShapeWorks with Herbalife (and ZUMBA)

Old 03-04-2009, 01:38 AM

but like if i didnt want to go thru the courts but just to get it done.. do they charge him or me or both?

Old 03-05-2009, 03:10 PM
My Love for Life

It depends who wants to know, if the ex-gf is wanting to find out, let her start the process, if she is doing it for child support, which in your case your man is locked up, so that wont do no good right now. There is a catch, if she goes to the court and they order it to be done, and they find that he is not the father, she will have to pay for the test and vice-versa, if it is his, they will most likely bill him. If you are dying to know and your baby daddy wants to know you will most likely have to pay, which can be around $500-$800, that is for the mother, baby and the alleged father. I agree that it would be good to know, but knowing always has a price. I would let the ex initiate the process. Just my opinion...
Old 03-05-2009, 08:47 PM

Default paternity test

DES can get an order from the court (family court usually) to do a paternity test on an inmate. This is usually done when someone requests child support.
Old 01-01-2010, 12:47 PM

im wondering the same thing. my boyfriend/son father is in prison and he may father another baby but the other girl wont file for a DNA test. so he wants to. can he?
Old 01-01-2010, 04:02 PM

My brother just did a home paternity test. All you have to do is get a cotton swab of his mouth and the babies mouth and mail it to the lab - I think he got the test at Walgreen's and it came with all the directions - was about $100. Not sure if you could bring in the swab at visitation or not though. I know the test is 99% accurate, but not admissible in court because they can't verify who took the test.