Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Wisconsin Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Wisconsin prisons.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:58 PM

Default Looking for info on Robert E. Ellsworth Correctional Center

My girlfriend is likely being transferred to this facility soon.

I found the basic website for Robert E. Ellsworth Correctional Center (REECC) but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more than what is found on the website. Like what is life like there compared to Taycheedah Correctional Institution. When are they allowed to use the phones at REECC?.

I'd appreciate any information anyone could share with me.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2008, 11:15 PM
He's Finally Home!

Well i cant tell you much ASH....but i have heard that its ok there. Not sure on the phone thing. Its actually really close to my house like 10 mins away..its like in the middle of nowhere lol. But i dont know too much i had a friend that was there a few years ago and i will ask her and let you know what she says

R.I.P JESSE STREMCHA
3/15/81-12/15/13
MY FIRST LOVE, MY BEST FRIEND, YOU KNEW ME BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF, I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, I WILL NEVER GET OVER YOU.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitinPrincess For This Useful Post:
Ash987 (12-08-2008)
Old 12-08-2008, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinPrincess View Post
Well i cant tell you much ASH....but i have heard that its ok there. Not sure on the phone thing. Its actually really close to my house like 10 mins away..its like in the middle of nowhere lol. But i dont know too much i had a friend that was there a few years ago and i will ask her and let you know what she says

Thanks a lot. That would be very helpful.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:22 AM

reecc sucks....it is only minimum for the cos. they claim to let you out for work release, and then take all your money for rent and transportation. when i was there in feb. 08, they were so overcrowded there were four of us in a small room. the only positive i could find is that you're not really locked down. good luck to your friend.
Old 12-28-2008, 06:30 PM

NO its totally different more movement freely .when i was there they had a choir work release, a pr side . in which means you can go work in the community and save money for your release Then there's a dark side in which you have to find a institution job working in the kitchen or wherever. However it more laid back its also what you make it I was on both sides and it was cool!!!!!!!1
Old 10-16-2009, 10:24 AM

Default I can tell u all I was there..

Hi, I do not know if I am doing this right, I have not been on this site, since I got out,in 06 and went here I guess, but I do not remember doing it. REECC makes TY look like a day camp. They call it a minimum but basically it is a mini max. She will be able to use the phones from like 6am in the morning till lunch and that was around 11 to 11:30 then thats when they serve you can't be outside durring this time and you cant use the phones till after everyone has eaten and they are for the most part out of the lunch area around 12:30 if memory serves me right. It is basically a 4 floor place and there are either 3 to 4 in a room and most of them are very tiny. It is nothing like TY being up in the doors at Taycheedah was a whole lot bettter then being at Ellsworth, gals would purposely get into serious trouble there just to get sent back to TY, if that gives you any idea of what it is like. The captains all have ther own ways of doing things and getting anything done is nothing more then a paper chase. When I was there, there was a captain Neu, Deschler and Finke that we had to deal with on days, I really don't know who the night belonged to but I know that a few times, cause they love to do fire drills in the middle of the night a lot, that I would see captain Neu, i am not sure I am spelling it right. You were not allowed to take anything outside when I first got there, they take half of your stuff and make you send it home. I believe part of that changed cause I and a lot of other pitched a fit, about being able to have all of your hobby crafts that fit in a 12 by 12 box and I was still made to send them home and then after I spoke with the captains a few times and we went over the rules, I was then told I could keep my stuff, but they all reasy sent it home. Real nice place. It took i year and i day to the date that I got ther to get a microwave on the npr side, none pre release. It was after all suppose to be a minimum and we should have all been treated the same. They allow the teachers to speak badly to the females there as well as cut on their families, I watched gals in the hall being talked to by one in specific and she always had them in the hall and they were always crying and this was acceptable to them, not to me that is not right and it was allowed. I seen a lot of things happen there and if they were spoken about to the hole you go. If you are not in school they expect you to work and if you don't to the hole you go. There officers are allowed to do anything and treat the inmates any way they want and that is acceptable to them, not to me none of that was right at all. I lost half of my hair there and most of the females were all losing there hair, not sure why. Your punishment is going to prison and at TY they treated you well. When you were sick, they did not make you give up your electronics. When you fell off a top bunk and your foot swelled up, they do not throw you in the hole for not being able to stand and work on it all day. I seen that happen on more then one occassion. They are beyond overly strict there. To the point where it is ridiculous and you are patted down all the time, constant random UA's I had 4 in one week they wake you up in the middle of the night, oh the computer does it, yea!! I would watch one guard in particular go into the bathroom come out beat red and snuffing his nose and then run around all night long. Wonder what he was doing. They have good people there as well do not mistake that, but not many. La Rose is an excellent guard and she is by the book, but she is great, so I hope she ends up on the second floor on her side, if that is where she is still at. There was stuff that went on there that when I left and told the gals I would make someone listen to me I should have, but it is never to late. Tell your girlfriend to pray she gets Birk and if she ends up at Ellsworth, keep her nose clean and stay to herself do what she is suppose to do and she'll likely have no problems. If you have any other questions about it, you can call me I will be more then happy to answer anything you have to ask 715-350-4134. They call it a minimum, but it is way harder then Taycheedah, believe me when I say that and when I told you, woman would actaully do things to get sent back to Taycheedah. My name is Lisa...[

quote=Ash987;4231974]My girlfriend is likely being transferred to this facility soon.

I found the basic website for Robert E. Ellsworth Correctional Center (REECC) but I was wondering if anyone could tell me more than what is found on the website. Like what is life like there compared to Taycheedah Correctional Institution. When are they allowed to use the phones at REECC?.

I'd appreciate any information anyone could share with me.[/quote]