Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TENNESSEE > Tennessee Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Tennessee Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Tennessee prisons.

Old 11-28-2008, 09:41 PM
JESUS LOVES ME

Default Morgan County Correctional Complex

Anybody out there ? Heard from my guy...had lots of turkey. Says they are luckier than most....so good to hear. My man in the ghetto....been at MCCX 6 years...before that 5 1/2 at Brushy MT. I don't see too many on here connected to MCCX...My guy thinks this is great support...has talked to some of the others about it...their wives, girlfriends love it too....I'm here...anyone want to chat...Pamela

"Building more prisons to address crime is like building more grave yards to address a fatal disease".

-Robert Gangis
Executive Director Correctional Association
of New York
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 07:47 PM
Donation Award 

Don't know too much about Morgan, my boyfriend was there I wanna say two or so years but is now at NWCX
Old 03-04-2009, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamelalynn View Post
Anybody out there ? Heard from my guy...had lots of turkey. Says they are luckier than most....so good to hear. My man in the ghetto....been at MCCX 6 years...before that 5 1/2 at Brushy MT. I don't see too many on here connected to MCCX...My guy thinks this is great support...has talked to some of the others about it...their wives, girlfriends love it too....I'm here...anyone want to chat...Pamela
My friend is there too. Sounds like a real hole.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:37 PM

I haven't heard too much about MCCX either. But I know the other facilities have LOTS of turkey too. My husband was not worried about missing Thanksgiving turkey dinner.

Old 03-15-2009, 02:13 PM

My guy is supposed to be sent there when BMCX closes in June, if it really does this time!!! Is it a very good place? Are the guards nicer than BMCX? Do they get cable over there? BMCX doesn't. At least that's what I was told. Do you think they will be over there from BMCX by June? Thanx!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian'slady View Post
My guy is supposed to be sent there when BMCX closes in June, if it really does this time!!! Is it a very good place? Are the guards nicer than BMCX? Do they get cable over there? BMCX doesn't. At least that's what I was told. Do you think they will be over there from BMCX by June? Thanx!!!
My OB doesn't say much about guards and that kind of thing.
He HAS said that most of the guys there seem to be alright. No huge talk about them.
He's just happy to be somewhere with more freedom to move about, but he's in mini, and he said they're soon to open a med and max on the grounds, so maybe your man will be sent to that when it opens?
Maybe it would be different over there? I wouldn't know. I asked all kinds of questions like that, and he rarely ever answered me so I took it as he really didn't want to be reminded and stopped asking.
It does seem that illness (tight quarters would likely be the reason) goes around there.
He doesn't say anything to me about the guards being nasty or hateful, or much anything bad...really, I think he doesn't want me to worry or something. Once in a while he'll make a small comment, but then kind of ends it with saying that I don't need to know details of that, or something similar.
He's not bitching, so I'd say your man will do ok there.
The Following User Says Thank You to rosfriend For This Useful Post:
Brian'slady (05-10-2009)
Old 05-04-2009, 06:26 PM

Hey all I'm new to this, but my boyfreind was recently moved to morgan county but he says he's in the boot camp part of the complex. Does anyone know anything about that?
Old 07-09-2009, 06:19 PM

Hello!!! I'm new to this and I wanted to know if there is anyone on here that have information about the Morgan County Correctional Complex Bootcamp program? My husband is down there and I don't know if it's a waiting list or what and he don't know anything. He's just listening to other inmates. he heard that it could be up to a year or it could take a few months before he can get in. Please if somebody know something please inform me. Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekia3 View Post
Hello!!! I'm new to this and I wanted to know if there is anyone on here that have information about the Morgan County Correctional Complex Bootcamp program? My husband is down there and I don't know if it's a waiting list or what and he don't know anything. He's just listening to other inmates. he heard that it could be up to a year or it could take a few months before he can get in. Please if somebody know something please inform me. Thanks!
I didn't know they had a 'waiting list' for the boot camp. My OB tells me it's a tough program. I was out there a few weekends ago, and I didn't see anyone outside at the boot camp. It was hot out, hardly anyone outside anyway except the guys over at the new Annex.

Only thing I really know about the boot camp is where you can locate it on satellite. And that it's rough going. Not much else, I don't even know how many guys are over there...seems like my OB told me 30 at one time, and someone else said 100. So I can't say.

Sorry not to be much help. So long as your guy is in the complex he'll be doing alright. I'm sure he would like to get the boot camp done and out of the way as soon as possible though. Hope he does. Good luck to you.

ROS
The Following User Says Thank You to rosfriend For This Useful Post:
Mekia3 (07-10-2009)
Old 07-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Banned

This will be a 100% "different" outlook on Morgan --- Warden Mills is THE BEST "warden" one could have. He is an extraordinarily caring MAN, who wants ONLY the BEST for his "inmates". He gives all of the BEST that can be afforded to them, so they truly learn how to become a productive, caring member of society. He will NOT tolerate ones who refuse to learn from their mistakes. If my husband could get to MCCX, mannnnn--- I would be jumping up and down. This is ONLY my opinion from what I KNOW of Warden Mills. There is only one other current Admin. that I will always hold in high regard.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 AM

My boyfriend just moved from Turney Center to Morgan County in June. He is housed in maximum security but was put there on some crazy shit from turney Center. The man over classification there took it upon himself, ((without even being asked!!) reviewed the charges that resulted in his max time and told him that he shouldnt even be there and he is working on getting him moved out. Sooo unlike, Turney! He was cleared of the charges that he is on max for and the warden overturned the decision himself. I was about to go crazy not being able to see him...it is about time something goes right for him!
Old 08-05-2009, 03:08 PM
JESUS LOVES ME

I totally agree. My guy was inmate rep for years, says the same thing about warden mills. I have always been treated well when I visit. My fiance said he was about to retire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotherWife2 View Post
This will be a 100% "different" outlook on Morgan --- Warden Mills is THE BEST "warden" one could have. He is an extraordinarily caring MAN, who wants ONLY the BEST for his "inmates". He gives all of the BEST that can be afforded to them, so they truly learn how to become a productive, caring member of society. He will NOT tolerate ones who refuse to learn from their mistakes. If my husband could get to MCCX, mannnnn--- I would be jumping up and down. This is ONLY my opinion from what I KNOW of Warden Mills. There is only one other current Admin. that I will always hold in high regard.

"Building more prisons to address crime is like building more grave yards to address a fatal disease".

-Robert Gangis
of New York
Old 08-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts

I have a little good news that may not matter to anyone but me.

I live in NE TN and forever they have been taking our men in jails all the way across the state to WTSP for processing. And once they get 550 miles away they tended to keep them there. You know what that means about visits.

However, today hubby tells me they are finally taking men from the jail he is at to Morgan County for classification. Closer, to their hometowns.....more likely they will keep them on this side of the state. Therefore, visits are possible.

It is good news for us in NE TN....never been fair they sent the men to WTSP instead of even Brushy or Bass. Finally, hopefully we have a classification facility in NE TN so our loved ones can stay closer.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:24 PM

hey my man has been at mccx for about 2 months now...do you know anything about the boot camp they have there??
Old 09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
JESUS LOVES ME

Don't know much about the boot camp, but my fiances has been at MCCX for almost 7 years. It's not a bad place, just real crazy right now with the opening of the new addition. I'm headed there for a visit, I'll see what I can find out for you .... so far, I've had NO problems visiting, everyone is very nice !!

-Robert Gangis
of New York
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Account Closed

Well, my last post on this thread was Aug 5th....almost a month ago.

My hubby still sits in county jail and I am hoping and praying they would just send his butt to Morgan County........
Old 09-03-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkleyswifey View Post
hey my man has been at mccx for about 2 months now...do you know anything about the boot camp they have there??
I hear it sucks really, really bad.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 AM
JESUS LOVES ME

It's boot camp, it's suppose to suck, makes you tough !!!! My nephew went through boot camp in Illinois prison, now he holds a great job, has a great wife and two great kids, before boot camp, he was headed for federal prison for LWOP ...

-Robert Gangis
of New York
Old 09-04-2009, 07:48 AM
Account Closed

i think prisons should be more like boot camp a short sharp shock,they might THINK before they get in trouble again, then the judges might not see them so reg and end up chucking the key away for something really dumb.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:43 PM

Well, I sure would like to have seen mine get two years of boot camp rather than the time that he did get. On the other hand, I don't think he could have done boot camp due to medical issues. He says he's right next to the boot camp (for those that don't know, it's in the last buildings before entering the state park just Northeast on Flat Fork Road.) Third building from the West, I think...I forget.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:12 AM
JESUS LOVES ME

What I can say today, every member of the staff at MCCX has been wonderful, just the same as they have been on all my visits. I hugged the CO's that kept my man safe during his recent health crisis. They hugged right back !!!

-Robert Gangis
of New York
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Account Closed

Well,

They finally moved hubby to Morgan County today.

I am happy that he is out of county jail, where he has had no outside time for 6 months.

Morgan County is 2.5 hours from me. They will most likely keep him there. I hope they can move him to Northeast however, it is closer to me.

Of course, the TN DOC will do whatever they want.

So, I guess I am happy that he has moved, and they did not send him all the way across the state to West Hi.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Two and a half hours isn't a bad ride.
I'd trade ya!
I'm sure Pam would probably trade in a second flat!
Glad he finally got moved!
RO
Old 09-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosfriend View Post
Two and a half hours isn't a bad ride.
I'd trade ya!
I'm sure Pam would probably trade in a second flat!
Glad he finally got moved!
RO
i will trade glad he finally gets to go out.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Account Closed

Thank you, Rosfriend, maybe I will see you or Pam up at Morgan...

Of course they might move him again????

Sept 10 is my B day and he did send a sweet card from the jail before he left. It said "May God be with you until your husband can return." with a little smiley face with a tongue hanging out beside of the phrase. Kinda a sexy mouth drooling kinda tongue.

I will not be taking his calls from Morgan. I guess I will try to visit one weekend a month.

Let us just see how long they are goanna keep him there.