Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Prisons and Jails > Oklahoma Facility Lockdowns and Updates
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Facility Lockdowns and Updates Please use this forum to ask about or update the lockdown status of Oklahoma prisons.

Old 08-10-2008, 10:58 PM

Default Any news on the lock downs?

I got a call last thursday morning from Davis. They were let out for 15 minutes. Said there was a knife fight last monday between a mexican and a black. He didn't expect to be able to call agian until after the weekend. Said the visits were canceled. But I saw that OK Cure listed visits for Davis.
Then I see that all our posts after 7-15 are now gone.......
So? Any ideas? I'm supposed to fly down there in Sept......doesn't look to promising.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Forever And Always His

Default B unit at Granite is still Locked down

My husband is at Granite on the B unit and their lockdown has never ended on his unit and a couple other units. He said he can't talk about it but he believes as soon as it ends they'll get put on another one because the word is all the animosity is far from over. He said at least everyone is safe for now while they are locked down. Those words scare me....he has never, never spoke like that. Please keep praying that no more injuries will happen or lives lost to the senseless things that seem inevitable.
Old 08-17-2008, 02:13 PM

I just saw my fiance today at Lawton and he said they are on the 4th step of a 6 step phase out to end their lock down. They are finally getting hot meals again and being let out more
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tappencomets For This Useful Post:
4evermom (09-06-2008), Anewme25 (08-19-2008), oufan (08-17-2008), whitewolf2751 (08-17-2008)
Old 09-01-2008, 03:23 PM

Default any updates on lawton?

Thanks Tappencomets- its been 2 weeks, havent heard from my son, hes at level 2 so could not visit either. any updates on what level LCF is at now?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:47 PM
My promise was TILL DEATH

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post
Thanks Tappencomets- its been 2 weeks, havent heard from my son, hes at level 2 so could not visit either. any updates on what level LCF is at now?
Level 2 inmates can visit at Lawton. My love is a level 2 and I have visited.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:34 PM

OH I didnt know- last I saw from Okcure was level 3 and up for visits. well good deal! Thanks! worried that I havent heard a word in weeks though. not even a letter.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:35 PM

I got a phone call today from my son at LCF ! YAY ! Update- his pod is at phase 6 now, but says some pods are being taken back down to phase 1 if any fight breaks out- even if not gang related, but a fight between individuals, and has alot of people in constant state of stress. the canteen is messed up he says, and the thing about no bathrooms during dayroom is correct! They open the cell doors each hour, but will not leave cell doors open. you are either out or in for the hour, and they are using the showers to pee if they have to, and only cleaning crew is at night- so its getting unsanitary to say the least. They are not allowing Tv's or radios to be purchased at all, or Nike's, and lot of other things he said. all the things that makes the time easier to pass they are doing away with right now. he hasnt even gotten to the property room to get his books that have been there for 2 weeks. FYI I did get a call promptly from the OK State Rep. Tad Jones on the letter I sent about a transfer, and his office sent letter to the Contract Monitor. I was impressed on the phone call from him and letter too he sent right away. Havent heard yet if it will do any good, but I did at least get a response.
Son says he wont get to take his GED either because of this lockdown, and he wont get his 3 months credit now! THAT SUCKS! I cant see how they can just do away with the classes and programs like that, that affect his credits! Im going to call his case manager see if I can get some more information though anyways. But my son sounded good, and says hes doing OK, just trying to bide his time- not too much longer to go- April without his GED credit. Would've been by this Christmas if not for this damn lockdown though !! Hoping we can get that transfer to Lex minimum asap at least! anyways, thats all I know for now. Hope his pod stays on phase 6. Its not exactly the same as before, but better than total LD.
Good luck to you all ! Hopefully the new system will improve asap, but son says LCF doesnt look like they know what they are doing now. Take care to all.
Old 09-10-2008, 04:22 PM

I got a phone call from my man at LCF today--the first one in months. He said the exact same thing, 4evermom. I don't know what phase his pod is on now, but he says that they are only getting sandwiches to eat, and that they are only allowed out of the cell for two hours---cell doors are locked, and they only have five minutes to get their stuff. I can visit now, but during the LD, he lost all of his good time and got knocked back down to level one, so I don't know if a one hour visit behind a glass is worth the four hour drive. His family has also sent a letter to their state rep. about a minimum transfer that was denied because of a problem with the paperwork, so keep me posted, 4evermom on what happens with yours.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:47 PM

dear miahsgirl- so sorry to hear about yours losing his good time! my son lost almost a years worth just cuz he yelled back at a CO- not a threat- but they called it that and gave him a class x! He'd only been ther 12 mos or so at the time. now hes at 20 months there on a 3yr sentence. I still dont think they have figured his time right. Yeah, its got to be twice as hard, no yard time, no excercise, classes, radios, etc. hard enough as it is, its really pushing the limits of the guys patience for sure! We havent heard about the transfer request as of yet, prolly wont real soon cuz of LD, but I hope we do soon. only 5 or 6 months to go, I thought he would get to go to minimum anyways on the short time left? but I dunno. I'll post as soon as I hear anything of course. yeah I have 6 hour dirve, my son says to send the money to his books instead- its 100$ in gas and of course 20$ in quarters there, I usually cant afford to do both. I may go visit in couple weeks, his birthday is 27th of Sept., or for Christmas, he will choose. makes me so sad- his 2nd birthday in there, he'll be 24 this year. still a kid really. Lexington would at least be couple hours closer to visit too!
The Following User Says Thank You to 4evermom For This Useful Post:
miahsgirl (09-12-2008)
Old 09-13-2008, 06:36 PM

Hello Miahsgirl- guess what! It worked! YAYAYAY
my son just called, and getting transfered from LCF to JHCC. He talked to the Phych Dr., she said hes going! Hes excited, says harp is lot better than LCF he hears. I hope so! LCF has been really hard for him. hes on his last 6 months ! WHOOHOO! so hoping JHCC will be a nice break and get him ready to come home! Hes not sure if hes going to the medium or the medical unit yet. JHCC is closer I think to Tulsa right? LCF is about 6 hours for me! Anyways, I had written to our couty rep- Tad Jones, and I think I will actually register to vote and vote fo rhim ! LOL. He called me mustve been as soon as he rcvd my letter, and called my cell phone, sent me a copy of the letter he sent to the Contract Monitor to LCF, somehow the Dr. at LCF got letters from OK Rehab svcs and some other organization ( maybe sending confirmation on his medical condition) I dunnu, but it worked. so, hope you hear a good response as well soon. and THANK SO MUCH to who recommended the letter to state rep!! I would've not thought of it, and I am so indebted to all of you hear for all the great advice and concern, and support! Thank God this site is here for us to help each other out! thanks to you all here
Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post
Hello Miahsgirl- guess what! It worked! YAYAYAY
my son just called, and getting transfered from LCF to JHCC. He talked to the Phych Dr., she said hes going! Hes excited, says harp is lot better than LCF he hears. I hope so! LCF has been really hard for him. hes on his last 6 months ! WHOOHOO! so hoping JHCC will be a nice break and get him ready to come home! Hes not sure if hes going to the medium or the medical unit yet. JHCC is closer I think to Tulsa right? LCF is about 6 hours for me! Anyways, I had written to our couty rep- Tad Jones, and I think I will actually register to vote and vote fo rhim ! LOL. He called me mustve been as soon as he rcvd my letter, and called my cell phone, sent me a copy of the letter he sent to the Contract Monitor to LCF, somehow the Dr. at LCF got letters from OK Rehab svcs and some other organization ( maybe sending confirmation on his medical condition) I dunnu, but it worked. so, hope you hear a good response as well soon. and THANK SO MUCH to who recommended the letter to state rep!! I would've not thought of it, and I am so indebted to all of you hear for all the great advice and concern, and support! Thank God this site is here for us to help each other out! thanks to you all here

congratulations!! and best wishes to you and your son! keep us updated on how he is doin!

Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
He Is My Heart and Soul!!

Hey wonderful Okies! What is good time?

If I can't hear your Heart Beat you are to FAR AWAY!
Old 10-28-2008, 06:02 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Here is something about good time from OKDOC...

http://main.google.nicusa.com/search...lesheet=DepCor

Last edited by irshnrse; 10-28-2008 at 06:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to irshnrse For This Useful Post:
Brownsuga (11-09-2008)
Old 11-17-2008, 02:48 PM

Default Davis Correctional Facillity, Holdenville, OK.

My son is at the Davis Correctional Facility. The last time I heard from him was 31 days ago. He has not responded to my last letter which was sent October 28th. Are they on lockdown?
Old 11-17-2008, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsmom87 View Post
My son is at the Davis Correctional Facility. The last time I heard from him was 31 days ago. He has not responded to my last letter which was sent October 28th. Are they on lockdown?
If I were you I would call up to the facility and talk with his case manager or unit manager or chaplain. They will be able to let you know that he is ok and if maybe by chance he is in SHU. (SHU is segregated housing unit) Good luck!

Old 11-17-2008, 08:12 PM
...and the winds blew!

Smile

Hi adamsmom87 and welcome to PTO and the Oklahoma Forum!

My son was just moved to DCF from Lawton last week so I'm just beginning to figure out how things work there..his CM's name, the unit manager, the phone system they use, ect.

How long has your son been at DCF? They aren't on lockdown that I am aware of at least not the unit my son is on, but there's all sorts of things that could be why he hasn't written to you lately. So like Suga adviced, just call his case mgr. or the unit mgr and find out. Either one could let you know what is up with him and at least for this ol mom, the "just knowing he's okay" helps.

Last edited by whitewolf2751; 11-17-2008 at 08:14 PM..
Old 11-17-2008, 10:37 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Welcome adamsmom. I don't think they are on lockdown, but tomorrow will call my friend who's brother is there and see what she says.
I agree that calling the case manager is a good idea. Let us know if there is anything else you need. Please keep us posted.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:04 AM
...and the winds blew!

Smile

Since this thread on Davis Correctional Facility was just started recently I'm just bumping it up for an update.

My son has been at Davis (in Holdenville) for 5 weeks now and he's doing very well there! Seeing as it is one of the DOC contract prisons and he had been transferred there from LCF (a CCA hell hole!) I was preparing for the worst, expecting I'd have to jump in and intervene again because LCF had been a nightmare for both of us and he had spent several month in PC because of gang-related threats.

But I've been to vist twice now and talked to a bunch of the employees on the phone and in person, and I must say this has to be the best facility OK has to offer at this point in time!

It is for the most-part a (dig this) a 'faith-based' facility and they have a whole long list of great religious programs available. Most are Christian-based, but they also have a Jewish community and well as other religions which even includes N8TV programs!

And the personnel, be it the COs, staff management, administration or whatever, they have all been so friendly and go out of their way to help me every time I have called there. That fact alone is a new one for me in dealing with OK DOC problems or questions but right now DCF is also under-staffed and still figuring out the new policies and procedure that teh CCA headquarters implimented in June and they still take the time to help and treat you like you really matter! Fancy that!

They are a medium security facility right now but I was told by the visitation officer yesterday when I was there for a visit, that they will be moving toward eventually having the requirements and be an 'all max' facility. This is greatly needed in OK DOC too, as the McA faciltiy is actually in a condemnible condition, so maybe that will mean some of they guys unfortunate in having be stuck there will catch a break too.

Anyway, my son is doing great there for now! He looks healthier and even happier than I've seen him be in a while now and The one minor complaint he has is that they have turkey served daily and prepared every way you can make it, but it's because meals are all have to be 'kosher'. But he also said he actually likes turkey so no complaints there either!

He's made several good friends with some really guys there and is enrolled in several classes plus invovled with several prayer groups and Bible studies and he will begin a college course (sponsored by ORU) starting in January for his Master's Degree in Religion.

Awesome! Who'da thunk it of OK DOC. Actually, the state operated facilities could take lessons from how this private facility is being managed now.

Last edited by whitewolf2751; 12-21-2008 at 12:17 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to whitewolf2751 For This Useful Post:
don'twanttowait (12-21-2008)
Old 12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanks for sharing whitewolf and I agree! My husband's best friend since childhood was moved there from OSP and likes it alot better. His sister said visitation has been less stressful and I have been writing letters and they are delivered in a timely manner.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:02 PM

On a lot of yards it all depends on the pod you get placed on. Sometimes that can make all ther difference.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 AM
...and the winds blew!

I'm sure that''s true watchdog, but in the case of DCF I really think it's the positive affects of the Horizon Community Prison program they have in place there. I'd heard of it but didn't really know that much about it until my son was moved to Davis. (The only Horizon facility in the state that impliments the full program.)

I've actually seen a positive change in my son in the short five weeks he's been there. So being the curious type I wanted to know 'all the details' about it so I checked out their website.

Here's a link to some annual facts and figures for the reductions in write-up at DCF over the first 3 yrs it was in place there. Pretty impressive! But then there's always going to be some trouble-makers in the crowd...that's true everywhere, unfortunately and they mess things up for everyone. Stupid Idiots! They don't know when they have it good I guess!

Here's that link if you want to check it out.

http://horizoncommunities.org/Davis.htm
irshnrse (12-23-2008)
Old 12-23-2008, 11:56 AM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanks for sharing that whitewolf.