Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:42 AM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Default Parents Fair Share

Not sure what I can do besides call parents fair share and talk with them, but has anyone helped their loved one with this? I know my ex as soon as he got locked up got his child support payments dropped to $1 and he never paid me anything to begin with.

My husband on the other hand has been paying child support and has incurred $2500. in back child support since he has been locked up. They havent set him up on the $1 per month like he has requested. Now they just took all the money he had on his books and will continue to do so until it is all paid. Anyone ever heard of them making the $1 per month retroactive? and returning the money. Yeah I thought that would make most of you laugh. I am so frustrated. Everythig was going so smoothly I guess satan had to find his way in and mess something up. So husband is cranky and I have to hear it (which is better than someone annoying him and him taking it out on them!!)

Anyways just thought I would see if any of you wonderful ladies had some insight on this before I go calling them tomorrow!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2008, 06:29 PM

We're in the same situation with my husband's child support. I tried calling child support but they wouldnt talk to me because they were'nt authorized to! So, I sent them my Power of Attorney papers we had drawn up before he went in and I wrote a child support modification letter requesting they do a modification due to changes in circumstances (incarceration) and income. His income is now $0.

If they ignore me or still wont respond, I will contact our attorney and have her send something telling them the same thing. But, hopefully with my P of A papers they will work with me.

Not getting it lowered will cause arrears to build up which will cause legal problems once he gets out. Which will automatically be a parole violation. So, its a must that the orders get lowered right now.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.
The Following User Says Thank You to Infinityandbeyond For This Useful Post:
pinkkrazr (11-11-2008)
Old 11-11-2008, 06:42 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

I have already sent the power of attorney for with my id and marriage license. They acknowledge they received it yet say that being incarcerated is not reason to lower it. Which I know is not true!! I will try and call tomorrow and speak with the parents fair share office, I will post whatever I find out. Then if I must, I will call my attorney and get him on this also!

Thank you!
The Following User Says Thank You to pinkkrazr For This Useful Post:
Infinityandbeyond (11-12-2008)
Old 11-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Incarceration in itself may not be good enough reason, but change in income is one of the reasons they allow modifications. At least in Mo.
Keep us posted.

Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was a choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:05 PM

Can anyone tell me who I send a letter to and what paperwork needs to be included to get the child support dropped? I was unaware we could do this and will definitely need to get this moving right away.

Thanks for your help!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

http://www.dss.mo.gov/cse/pfs/index.htm

866-313-9960 #2 will transfer you to DFS customer service. They will require a power of attorney in order to speak with you. You will have to fax it to them then call them back in 5 business days. They are open 7am to 6pm. You do have to explain to them that his INCOME DECREASED TO $8.50 a month or whatever they have him set up with. They will tell you that prison/jail is not sufficent to reduce payments, but they will tell you that through a letter and it takes forever to go back and forth so it is best to talk about the income decrease. (They will know why without you even telling them). This is as far as I have gotten so far. And will update when something else comes to light!
JCLOVESRH (11-15-2008)
Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 PM

I'm in the same stage as pink. I mailed my P of A paperwork and the modification letter I wrote to them last week. With his Social Security Disability statement showing they've stopped his payments.Because his child support payments are garnished right out of his SSD. They take 65% of his monthly check. And they do move slow, one more month to them with child support building up does not matter, it only matters to us.

I'll let you know when I hear something.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:34 AM
I M@KE TR@SH L@@K G@@D!!

i AM MARRIED TO HIM DO i STILL NEED TO GET p OF a? THEY HAVE A WARRANT OUT AND HE WAS ON PRO FOR IT BE4 HE WENT IN.HE WROTE TO THEM FROM INSIDE AND HE TOLD ME THEY DO NOT HAVE TO HONOR A 180 DAY WRIT(WHATEVER THAT IS) THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING HE HAS ASKED FOR THEM TO DO THE COURT THING WITHOUT HIM AND RUN THE IT CONCURRENT WITH WHAT HE IS DOING NOW(10) RIGHT NOW THERE IS A 750$ CASH ONLY WARRANT OUT 4 HIM, WHICH MEANS HE WILL BE ARRESTED RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE! GRR ANY IDEAS????
Old 11-14-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetrashqueen View Post
i am married to him do i still need to get p of a? They have a warrant out and he was on pro for it be4 he went in.he wrote to them from inside and he told me they do not have to honor a 180 day writ(whatever that is) they have done nothing he has asked for them to do the court thing without him and run the it concurrent with what he is doing now(10) right now there is a 750$ cash only warrant out 4 him, which means he will be arrested right out of the gate! Grr any ideas????
my boyfriend had warrants in two other counties when they sent him back in. He had to send the counties letters of incarceration to let them know where he was, then the counties came to pick him up for his court dates so he didnt have anything to deal with when he gets out. It was all concurrent too.

Old 11-14-2008, 07:44 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Not sure what you are talking about at all but unless YOU are on the child support case married or not you must have a PA.

If you mean he has back CS payments and has cash bonds for those I doubt they will do much based on his letters they dont even have to acknowledge they received them. Normally with the cash bonds he would transfer from DOC to county on his release date and the judge should release him to get a job and get them paid especially if it is only $750...that isnt much for back CS though so I am a bit lost...
Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 AM
I M@KE TR@SH L@@K G@@D!!

He got put on probation for the child support after his last ten years in prison he was making double payments and had almost all of it but a couple hundred paid up he was current till the month after he was in prison so and he has tried contacting them and they wont do anything i am not on his case we got married right before he went in like about 3 mths before i just do not want to wait longer then i got to so if i can get them to reduce it or convict him and run it concurrent with what he is doing now it would mean him comeing home and working not sitting in county i will talk to him about getting me a p of a
Old 11-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

He can get a P of A from the library and have it notarized and sent to you. That is the fastest way. I am trying to get the to retroactive the $1 a month payment but I dont know how that is going to turn out. Yes the sooner the better and then even if you make a $20.00 a month payment while is in on his back CS then that shows the effort is being made and much less likely to lock him up. They want the money above everything!! Good Luck!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTrashQueen View Post
He got put on probation for the child support after his last ten years in prison he was making double payments and had almost all of it but a couple hundred paid up he was current till the month after he was in prison so and he has tried contacting them and they wont do anything i am not on his case we got married right before he went in like about 3 mths before i just do not want to wait longer then i got to so if i can get them to reduce it or convict him and run it concurrent with what he is doing now it would mean him comeing home and working not sitting in county i will talk to him about getting me a p of a
WhiteTrashQueen (11-20-2008)
Old 11-20-2008, 05:45 AM
I M@KE TR@SH L@@K G@@D!!

TY RAZOR FOR THE INFO THIS WEEKEND WHEN I GO SEE HIM I WILL TALK TO HIM ABOUT IT!
Old 12-07-2008, 02:18 PM

I need information about Parents Fair Share and how they can help with child support reduction. I am asking for my son, who is incarcerated in Missouri and needs help. I read the posts, but don't understand how it works or who I need to talk to. Can someone help with basic information?
Old 12-07-2008, 02:27 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

First have him get a notarized power of attorney sent to you. Then call this number. 866-313-9960 #2 will transfer you to DFS customer service. They will require a power of attorney in order to speak with you. They will ask you to fax the power of attorney to them with his social security number date of birth etc. Then you have to wait 3 to 5 business days for them to process the information and make a note on the case file that you are approved to speak to them. Then you can explain to them his income has dropped to whatever it is ($7.50, $8.50 or nothing if he just arrived and doesnt have a job yet) They should help you from there to walk through the process. I had to go through this all over again seeing we got married and they need a new PofA with my new name ugghhh!! Calling Jasper County DFS will do nothing and that is if you can ever get through there!! PM me if you need more info as I am dealing with this through Jasper County also!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordcarver View Post
I need information about Parents Fair Share and how they can help with child support reduction. I am asking for my son, who is incarcerated in Missouri and needs help. I read the posts, but don't understand how it works or who I need to talk to. Can someone help with basic information?
Old 12-08-2008, 04:43 PM

Thank you for the information. I will get it to him asap and we'll go from there. Actually, he resided in Greene County before going to Fulton. Is the phone number you gave me still ok to talk to someone there? Thanks again!
Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 PM
Live and Learn~
Donation Award 

Yes, that number is Statewide customer service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordcarver View Post
Thank you for the information. I will get it to him asap and we'll go from there. Actually, he resided in Greene County before going to Fulton. Is the phone number you gave me still ok to talk to someone there? Thanks again!