Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Jersey Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New Jersey should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Closed

Talking From EDNA to BO to COLUMBUS?

I got to have my first contact visit with my gurl Zan last night at Edna!! And now she tells me in 2 wks she is gonig to BO ROBINSON for 30 days and then to COLUMBUS HALFWAY HOUSE--- does anyone know anything about this "COLUMBUS HALFWAY HOUSE"? might be called something else??
THANX ALL!!!
Kira
Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Closed

ok I just tried to find any "COLUMBUS Halfway House"- she said that to me like COLUMBUS was the name, not like COLUMBUS was the town- there IS a Columbus NJ which would be IN the area surrounding Trenton's BO, but I do not see any listings for a halfway house there. There IS a HOSPITAL branch called COLUMBUS CAMPUS of the Saint Michael's Medical Center in NEWARK NJ, BUT only St Michael's (which is on a different street than COLUMBUS CAMPUS) has behavioral-health services, so I am not sure if this is what she is talking about or not- it is NOT a halfway house tho. Anyone have any clues??
Old 10-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,204 Times in 1,641 Posts

i've never heard of a HWH with that name before... and its not listed here. so yeah...im really not sure where she is talking about.

The Following User Says Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
TieAYelloRibbon (10-25-2008)
Old 10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Closed

Default 16a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean123 View Post
i've never heard of a HWH with that name before... and its not listed here. so yeah...im really not sure where she is talking about.
16A check it out!! COLUMBUS HOUSE! Thanx you found it anyway even tho you didn't know you did!! HAHA!! still, I will have a hard time getting up there with a 16 yo car.... SUCKS!! The DOC is not punishing Zandra! They are punishing ME!!!!!

Kintock Newark (Essex County)
50 Fenwick Street
Newark, New Jersey 07114
(973) 622-1400
www.kintock.org

Female Treatment
Tecia Holden, Director
The Kintock Female Treatment program is designated to assist female residents in the area of treatment. Residents can pursue their GED while in the program. Employment assistance and work release is offered as well.
Female Work Release
Tecia Holden, Director
The Kintock Female Work Release program is designated to assist female residents in the areas of employment and education. This program provides counseling, education groups, and work release services. Residents can pursue their GED while in the program.
Male Treatment
Felicia Conners, Interim Director
The Kintock Male Treatment program is designated to assist male residents in the area of treatment. Residents can pursue their GED while in the program. Employment assistance and work release is offered as well.
Male Work Release
Victoria Trause, Director
The Male Work Release program is designated to assist male residents in the areas of employment and education. This program provides counseling, education groups, and work release services. Residents can pursue their GED while in the program.
"Operation Columbus House" - Female & Male Programs
John Lambert, Director
Columbus House is a specialized program that provides evidenced based cognitive/behavioral services addressing criminality, life skills, interpersonal skills, substance use awareness and relapse prevention. University Correctional Health Care partners with Kintock staff to provide services to the residents.

Last edited by TieAYelloRibbon; 10-25-2008 at 09:37 AM.. Reason: adding info
Old 10-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

wowzers. im such a blond sometimes =) lol. i missed it!! i was just scanning thru the names and i didnt read past the first word so all i caught was "operation."

im gonna send you a PM in a little to explain my experiences with kintock group just to give you a heads up.

The Following User Says Thank You to bean123 For This Useful Post:
TieAYelloRibbon (10-25-2008)
Old 10-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Closed

Smile

Quote:

im gonna send you a PM in a little to explain my experiences with kintock group just to give you a heads up.
uh oh

LOL
Old 10-25-2008, 03:52 PM
Closed

Thumbs up

Quote:
wowzers. im such a blond sometimes =) lol. i missed it!! i was just scanning thru the names and i didnt read past the first word so all i caught was "operation."

I definately want to contact the parole board about seeing if they can move her to Garrett Halfway House instead of Columbus as per our AIM conversation - I found a link in here on the facility and it says "The SPB has contracted with Volunteers of America-Delaware
Valley
(VOA) to provide the case management and housing services.
Parolees selected for PROMISE may be from any region of
the state, must be at least 18 years old, have a mental
illness that contributed to their conviction
, and in
need of a supportive housing setting. Male parolees
selected for the program will live at the Hope Hall
and female parolees will reside at Garrett House;
both facilities are existing halfway houses operated
by VOA in Camden City"

my gurl has mental issues and I think this would be better, esp. since it is way closer to her family and myself down here in VERY South Jersey as opposed to NEWARK
Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

i hope they are able to do it!! some POs dont wanna be bothered with crap like that tho...so they'll just say they can't do it or there aren't any beds open =(. asking can't hurt tho, so by all means try!

Old 10-26-2008, 01:14 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,167 Posts

Good luck, hope your able to get closer to home. I definatey believe it better to have the support of loved ones when going thru any type of illness.

The Following User Says Thank You to ForMyBoy For This Useful Post:
TieAYelloRibbon (10-26-2008)
Old 10-26-2008, 06:25 PM
...over easy
Donation Award 

This is DOC movement [pre-release]--she has not been paroled yet. DOC will not be happy if you call them re: movement request. She would need to do this herself via her counselor. These decisions are made by Classification Dept. at the prison and then approved at Trenton. She gets moved where there is room - and there are far less choices for women then men as to going to a halfway house.
Be patient--this IS all good news as compared to staying in prison!

ERacism

...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur