Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEVADA > Nevada DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Nevada DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Nevada Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2008, 04:02 PM

Default Any info on Casa Grande? *and* the rules therein?

My friend has to opportunity to move from SDCC, to Casa Grande.
Even the he is pretty clueless as to what le casa is all about, and its rules.
I want to know for myself, but more for him. He knows nearly nothing.

What rules must he live by Le Casa?
(I can't find much of ANYTHING on the web! odd!)

1. Are there steps/phases on privledges?
as in, first few weeks/months, cant go outside, 2nd few weeks, can get a job?

2. MOST IMPORTANTLY!! What are the rules with spending time with loved ones? Any *ahem* alone time available outside of Casa?

3.Times of the day theyre allowed to do their things outside of facility?

4. Allowed to spend NIGHTS out (eventually)?

5. BASICALLY ANY INFO YOUVE GOT on this subject would be SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!

cass, the lass

Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2008, 08:42 PM

I need info and lots of it!! I cant seem to find out much either. Please respond someone right away!!! I need to let him know right away as well!!
Thanks everyone out there that has helped so far in all this !! And i also was told by him i was approved for visiting!! Yeh!! But now how long does it take for them to let me know and whats the next step in doing this???
Old 10-19-2008, 07:57 AM

Sin, if your guy says you've been approved, then that's all there is to it. Make your travel plans! The DOC doesn't let you know squat.
One thing; call ahead of time and make sure they're not on lockdown. Nothing is worse than getting all the way out there and some crap went down and visits are cancelled.
Once I drove 8 hours to go visit and when I got there a guy had been killed on the yard and NO one got to visit. For 7 MONTHS!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Holding him down

I tried to look up some information about the rules, visiting, and all that but I can't find anything either. I guess we have to call them..
I also found some articles on it but that's as far as it got.

Casa Grande Transitional Center (CGTH)
Male/Community Trustee
3955 W. Russell Road
Las Vegas, Nevada 89118

(702) 486-9906
FAX: 486-9962

http://www.doc.nv.gov/newsletter/Summer-2004.pdf

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../24120229.html

http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho...s/5585623.html

Old 10-20-2008, 08:28 PM

Here's a bit of information about Casa Grande.....our son was transferred there a few weeks ago..........
4 men to a room.....a real mattress and a ceiling fan!!!!!
visiting Sat. early morning (7am)....Sunday afternoon....not certain of the time....problem with the visiting is that they DO cancel them at the last minute....not enough gaurds.....seems like it happens quite a bit
they must pay for their room and board after the first 30 days (I think that's the time frame) I believe it is around $16.00 daily..........
they are expected to get a job.....a job counselor is available....they are given the phone book and jobs are posted....they must call and get a definate "we are hiring" and then they get a movement pass for an interview.....they have a bus pass and the bus is right outside the door.....they are given a certain amount of time to get to the interview and back......their movement is watched closely....there have been many "walk aways"......any job that they interview for or get hired for must be within 12 miles of the facility.....the job market is very weak in Las Vegas right now....some have been searching for several months....and the $16 a day just keeps adding up.....the facility takes rent, victims of crime fees, any restitution, child support etc. and they get 20% of their pay....so it appears that most leave owing a lot of money..UGH! Oh...they are sent to the DMV to get a NV ID card for employment....and after approval you can send a box of clothing for their work, we sent 3 pairs pants & shirts, boots, socks, and a belt....food is about the same...but they get a good sack lunch to take to work....it is MUCH cleaner there.....very little drama....everyone is pretty focused on work or finding a job.....if you don't follow the rules (not going where you are supposed to go on the bus etc.) you are rolled up immediately and sent to Southern Dessert.....the phones are inside and they can actually sit on a couch and talk on the phone!!!....seems pretty calm there....guys work all different hours, different jobs, everyone is pretty busy....if anyone has any more questions I'll try to help...if I don't know the answer I'll ask my son........hope this helps....pm me if you want...........sorry about any misspelled words....spell check isn't working.....
Hugs to all
Goose
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goose For This Useful Post:
amrsllb18 (10-18-2010), Cindi-lu (10-21-2008), Lindseys2007 (05-14-2011), Mrs.Official05 (10-21-2008)
Old 11-08-2008, 04:48 AM

Default Please help us!!! CASA GRANDE PLEASE!!!!

!!!
Hello, my name is Stephanie and my fiance is at High Desert. He is in segregation for his safety from others. There is a woman that is very jealous on the outside and has sent guys after him.
We need him to be able to start his programs so he is then eligible for parole. But they just let him sit there and rot away w/out any kind of help except to keep him out of regular population.
Please understand he has been there for over 4 months and the warden tried to put him on the yard for day and he was out there for not even 1 hour and someone came up from behind and hit him in the head with something and caused 8 staples in his head.
So they then put him back in segragation again but with not one response to help him in to a camp at all.
I'm terrified that they may ignore his situation as the Warden already has said they wanted to put him back into reg. population because he could not release the names of these men after him, and this because he does not know .. This woman is the reason why this is happening and I have the letter she has written to him stating this would happen. So I will be sending this to the warden as well, but in the mean time
I need Casa Grande to accept him. And I We need some inside help to make this happen because word of mouth is everything....It's all in who you know in this town..
If you can give us the name of someone to write that would help also.
I wrote Jackie Crawford and she e-mailed me back ..Not saying anything of much, but they would review his situation.
Before he went to prison his lawyer informed me many times that he was MORE than eligible for CASA GRANDE!!< and he could definetely get in there because he is non violent criminal etc.. but she said he has to be persistant on them.
I can only get the one add. and he has already sent them a couple letters in regards to this.
You have to understand that the most important part of this situation is that he has a 6 year old son waiting for him to come home and they cant transfer him somewhere far away for the fact that his mother is having a very serious operation this being a lung transplant ... Very soon..
So what I'm asking,
Please, can your son please just mention my fiance's name and situation or just his name to someone that is important at casa grande and then we can maybe have a better chance at this ...
Please hear us and help us .... Please respond if you can
or can not
help us..
I'm happy for your son and the progress he can now make to help his time move with a more possitive outlook.
Good luck and God Bless you.
Sincerely, Stephanie
Old 11-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Holding him down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitychic View Post
!!!
Hello, my name is Stephanie and my fiance is at High Desert. He is in segregation for his safety from others. There is a woman that is very jealous on the outside and has sent guys after him.
We need him to be able to start his programs so he is then eligible for parole. But they just let him sit there and rot away w/out any kind of help except to keep him out of regular population.
Please understand he has been there for over 4 months and the warden tried to put him on the yard for day and he was out there for not even 1 hour and someone came up from behind and hit him in the head with something and caused 8 staples in his head.
So they then put him back in segragation again but with not one response to help him in to a camp at all.
I'm terrified that they may ignore his situation as the Warden already has said they wanted to put him back into reg. population because he could not release the names of these men after him, and this because he does not know .. This woman is the reason why this is happening and I have the letter she has written to him stating this would happen. So I will be sending this to the warden as well, but in the mean time
I need Casa Grande to accept him. And I We need some inside help to make this happen because word of mouth is everything....It's all in who you know in this town..
If you can give us the name of someone to write that would help also.
I wrote Jackie Crawford and she e-mailed me back ..Not saying anything of much, but they would review his situation.
Before he went to prison his lawyer informed me many times that he was MORE than eligible for CASA GRANDE!!< and he could definetely get in there because he is non violent criminal etc.. but she said he has to be persistant on them.
I can only get the one add. and he has already sent them a couple letters in regards to this.
You have to understand that the most important part of this situation is that he has a 6 year old son waiting for him to come home and they cant transfer him somewhere far away for the fact that his mother is having a very serious operation this being a lung transplant ... Very soon..
So what I'm asking,
Please, can your son please just mention my fiance's name and situation or just his name to someone that is important at casa grande and then we can maybe have a better chance at this ...
Please hear us and help us .... Please respond if you can
or can not
help us..
I'm happy for your son and the progress he can now make to help his time move with a more possitive outlook.
Good luck and God Bless you.
Sincerely, Stephanie
You have to call his caseworker and talk to him if he is eligible for any programs. Everything mostly goes through the caseworker. You can write Rhonda Larsen (she deals with Howard Skolnik the one in charge of casa grande) and she can help you and also let you know if he is eligible.. I emailed Howard Skolnik, he emailed me and she (Rhonda) called me back for him to answer any of my questions. If you feel that the caseworker is not doing his job, your man can fill out a grievance form.
http://www.doc.nv.gov/ar/pdf/AR740.pdf A CO can tell him where they are available. Someone will help him like that. They have too.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Unhappy rhonda larsen ??? e-mail address????? help!!!!! please!!!

thanks for the help but do you know her e-mail address;
(rhonda larsen)?????
Please i need ph. numbers e-mails and everything i'm going through a state of panic.. for him
Old 11-09-2008, 08:49 AM
Holding him down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincitychic View Post
thanks for the help but do you know her e-mail address;
(rhonda larsen)?????
Please i need ph. numbers e-mails and everything i'm going through a state of panic.. for him
Telephone: (775) 887-3367
Fax: (775) 887-3253
Email: info@doc.nv.gov
Postal Mail: ATTN: Ronda Larsen, P.O. Box 7011, Carson City, NV 89702

did you ever talk to his caseworker
High Desert State Prison (HDSP)
Male/Medium
P.O. Box 650
Indian Springs, Nevada 89070-0650
22010 Cold Creek Road
Indian Springs, Nevada 89070

(702) 879-6789
FAX: 879-6618

Old 11-17-2008, 11:22 PM

Default About casa grande!! And the prison !!!!!?????

OK GET THIS S---T!!!!

MY MAN IS IN SEGRAGATION AND I WAS TO WRITE
THE HEAD PERSON OF CASA GRANDE IN HOPES TO HELP THEM CONSIDER MY MAN FOR THIS PLACE....
WELL IN THIS LETTER I STATED THAT HE DID NOT HAVE A VIOLENT PAST AND THIS LETTER WAS REALLY GOOD I THOUGHT.. I AKED FOR A RESPONSE AND I RECIEVED ONE THAT STATED THIS;
IM SORRY TO EXPLAIN THAT HE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GO TO CASA GRANDE BECAUSE THE PRISON BOARD HAD DECIDED AGAINST IT AND WOULD PROBABLY NOT BE CONSIDERED IN THE FUTURE!!! WHAT?????
SO NOW WHAT??? MY MAN IS SUPPOSED TO SIT IN THERE AND ROT WITH NO POSSIBLE WAYS TO START HIS PROGRAMS OR ANYTHING./// HE CAN NOT GO BACK TO THE YARD BECAUSE HE WILL BE KILLED!!!!! NOW THE DAY HE WAS SENTENCED HIS LAWYER AND I TALKED AND SHE STATED TO ME TO CHECK IN TO CASA GRANDE ESPECIALLY.. THAT HE WAS MORE THAN ELIGIBLE FOR THIS PLACE OR ANY CAMPS ...
SO I ASK ANYONE OUT THERE?? WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP??? AND WHY ARE THEY DOING THIS TO HIM??? WHAT DO I DO NOW?? IF HE'S NOT ABLE TO START PROGRAMS HE CAN NOT LOOK GOOD EVEN WHEN HE'S IN FRONT OF THE PAROLE BOARD!!! WHAT DO I DO NOW?????:conf used:
Old 10-08-2011, 03:05 AM

if they get in trouble or caught not doing what they are suppose to be doing, do they get sent back that day? or do they get a hearing to at least explain their side and they decides if they are sent back or not?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:48 AM
Time well spent..

I think they are sent "back" immediately. No questions asked...
Old 10-08-2011, 10:41 AM

At this website http://www.doc.nv.gov/?q=node/107 I found the following information:

Casa Grande Transitional Center

3955 W. Russell Road
Las Vegas, NV 89118-2316
PHONE: (702) 486-9906

Administrative Staff:
Brian Connett, Deputy Director
Lt. James Scally, Manager

Historical:

The Casa Grande Transitional Center has been operating since December of 2005. The dormitory-style facility was built to house non-violent, non-sex crime inmates who are within 18 months away from their parole eligibility date. The main purpose of Casa Grande was, and still is, to allow these “residents” the opportunity to seek work and secure permanent housing prior to reintegrating into society. Since its inception, Casa Grande has expanded its programs to include parolees, probation violators, and ex-offendersp>

If this is still true I wonder more and more which facilities (transitional or halfway houses) in Nevada accept violent- or sex-offenders at all... especially among those facilities which are not meant for substance abuse treatment.