Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Mule Creek State Prison (MCSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Mule Creek State Prison in Ione, California.

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:37 AM

Default Questions/Info re FAMILY VISITS

I am supposed to go on my 1st family visit on Friday (yay) and I got the paperwork saying what I can and cannot bring. It says I have to bring trial size hygiene products and I need to bring my stuff in clear bags. Is this true? What other weird restrictions should I know? Thanks ladies!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2008, 09:12 AM

Thanked 4,615 Times in 1,699 Posts

How long did it take to get approved for your family visit? Were you already married, or did you get married there? How often are they allowed at MC, and do you know if that depends on which yard they are at? Some prisons are every 30 days, some are every 45, and some are every 90 days. (I'm not sure which time frame MC follows).
Let us all know how it went, and what the apartments are like and such, okay? There are links on the PTO site where FV are discussed and items you can bring are listed. Here's one of them:
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196472

I'm hoping to have mine in about a year (once he's off close custody) and I am counting down the time. Have fun!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 12:48 PM

It took me less than a month to get approved! I think it was so quick because me and my husband were already approved at Jamestown, but he got transferred 2 weeks before our date! So we had to re-apply when he got to Mule Creek, but I think that was a blessing in disguise, because now we have from Friday-Monday together! And yes, Mule Creek is every 30 days. My husband said he will be submitting the paper work as soon as he gets back for another family visit!

Plus, the Family Visiting coordinator is so nice! She is very respectful and helpful. I have called her at least 5 times just asking random questions. Thank God I have this site, so I don't drive her ( and myself ) crazy!

I will write a whole report/update fopr all the gals that want to know when I get back Wish me luck... and Kima, I hope you do get your visits soon because I heard they are the best

Old 01-29-2008, 11:38 AM
No One

Hi, Sarah. How did your first visit go. My husband and I are in the process of trying toget approved for our fv. How long is it and how did it go with the procedures? Thanks for all your information.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 PM

Default Questions re Family Visits

Hi everyone hope all is well. Does anyone get family visits on a monthly (or so basis). I'm just curious how many couples and how often families can go. I think they have 6 units for those visits. Are they usually always occupied? Take care!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:54 PM

Love - I get family visits on a monthly basis, at least so far. This month will be our 3rd in 3 months. I believe there are 4 units and I'm pretty sure they are always booked, at least on the weekends. But I know that one was open one weekend when I was on a regular visit and I told my husband "dang, we could have been in there!" I think that people have to cancel sometimes or maybe their loved one's yard was on lockdown. I do know that some people who live very close and have flexible schedules mark the form saying that they can come with only a short notice. There are fam visits Friday thru Monday and Tuesday thru Friday, I think. I may be wrong on the midweek days, I'm not available for those because of my job, but someone else can confirm that I'm sure. The food is kind of pricey and not really to my taste - I try to avoid processed foods, but that's my only real complaint. It's not home and it's not the Ritz, but it's a weekend with my husband and that's the best place to be.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:42 AM

Thanks for the info. Just waiting to get our date. I know it will be soon but, it's driving me a little crazy
Old 10-27-2008, 08:02 PM

Hello,

Who is eligible for family visits? Are some inmates not allowed? What do you have to do to get family visits?
Old 10-27-2008, 08:58 PM

My friends husband just went EOP and he was endorsed there, she wanted to know if they will be able to have family visits. Thanks
Old 10-27-2008, 10:16 PM

Title 15
Family Visits Section 3174.1

Family visits shall not be permitted for inmates convicted of a violent offense involving a minor or a family member or any sex offense, which includes but is not limited to the following penal code sections:

Family Visit section 3174.2

Family visits shall not be permitted for inmates who are in any of the following categories: sentenced to life without the possibility of parole: sentenced to life without a parole date established by the Board of Prison Terms: Designated Close A or Close B custody: designated or condemned inmate: assigned to a reception center: assigned to an ad/seg unit: assigned to a security housing unit; designated "C" status: guilty of one or more Division A or Division B offenses within the last 12 months; or guilty of narcotics trafficking while incarcerated in state prison.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Donation Award 

Red face I have alot of questions helpppppppp 2/19/09

Questions Questions Questions!!!! I have a few, If you do not mind, i have a few questions?

First off I am Gina, I have a man in MCSP C yard, What proceedures did you have to go through to have a family visit, we are not married yet, that is another question(s) i have, how to go about it all, I do not know where to start. I need help!

bina3266 (gina)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csusarrah View Post
It took me less than a month to get approved! I think it was so quick because me and my husband were already approved at Jamestown, but he got transferred 2 weeks before our date! So we had to re-apply when he got to Mule Creek, but I think that was a blessing in disguise, because now we have from Friday-Monday together! And yes, Mule Creek is every 30 days. My husband said he will be submitting the paper work as soon as he gets back for another family visit!

Plus, the Family Visiting coordinator is so nice! She is very respectful and helpful. I have called her at least 5 times just asking random questions. Thank God I have this site, so I don't drive her ( and myself ) crazy!

I will write a whole report/update fopr all the gals that want to know when I get back Wish me luck... and Kima, I hope you do get your visits soon because I heard they are the best
Old 05-19-2009, 12:50 AM
MuleCreekwifey

Hi I have some questions what kind of food do they have on the family visiting store list? Does anyone have a copy somewhere? Or just an idea.........also I need to know where to go to find out what I can and cant take! Will be married June 19th...
Old 05-19-2009, 01:30 AM

Default FV Menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.stanfield09 View Post
Hi I have some questions what kind of food do they have on the family visiting store list? Does anyone have a copy somewhere? Or just an idea.........also I need to know where to go to find out what I can and cant take! Will be married June 19th...

Here's an older version of the menu from 11/08. Menu is still basically the same but the prices have changed slightly.

Congrats. on you upcoming wedding!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FV Menu.pdf (944.0 KB, 92 views)
Old 05-20-2009, 03:36 PM

What is the extension for the FV coordinator?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 PM

Not sure what the direct extension is, but I dial MC's main number, press 1 to get past the employment stuff, press 1 for visiting and 4 for family visiting ("overnight, conjugal visits" is what they are called)
The Following User Says Thank You to tigger925 For This Useful Post:
Girl4God (05-22-2009)
Old 05-22-2009, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl4God View Post
What is the extension for the FV coordinator?
Her extension is 5420
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bitty22 For This Useful Post:
Girl4God (05-22-2009), kima (05-22-2009), PTO-110524 (05-22-2009)
Old 06-28-2009, 03:19 AM
MuleCreekwifey

Default family visit

Thank you had been offline for a minute but we did get married on the 19th and he immediatley put in for our visit his counselor thought that was sooooo funny....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHope&Faith View Post
Here's an older version of the menu from 11/08. Menu is still basically the same but the prices have changed slightly.

Congrats. on you upcoming wedding!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:42 PM

Congratulations!! There have been a few marriages at MC this summer... love is in the air, lol.

Last edited by kima; 07-07-2009 at 07:44 PM..
Old 11-09-2009, 03:15 PM
nancy209

Default Information Family Visits

I would like to know any information on Family Visits--my son has been approved for them.

Also, is there any information on this site in regards to the latest news on the prison reform to release inmates.

Thanks so much
Old 11-10-2009, 05:55 PM
He's finally Home!!!!!!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 5,480 Times in 3,267 Posts

Check here>>>early release for the latest info on what is going on, or should I say isn't going on, with early release.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:43 AM

Sorry if this is a repeat question I tried to scan to make sure it hasnt already been answered. Sorry if it has. We turned in our family visit application and his counselor said we need to fill out the menu first. So after that what is the process? We send it to her (his counselor)?...then she sends it to Robinson? who then calls me about a date or contacts him? Also I see that someone attached a copy of the menu...does anyone have a copy or a list of what you can take in? Thanks. =)

Last edited by One_and_Only; 04-12-2010 at 11:50 AM..
Old 04-12-2010, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_and_Only View Post
Sorry if this is a repeat question I tried to scan to make sure it hasnt already been answered. Sorry if it has. We turned in our family visit application and his counselor said we need to fill out the menu first. So after that what is the process? We send it to her (his counselor)?...then she sends it to Robinson? who then calls me about a date or contacts him? Also I see that someone attached a copy of the menu...does anyone have a copy or a list of what you can take in? Thanks. =)
Let me try to remember, it has been a while since I sent in my first one. I think the form goes to the couselor who approves it and then sends it to Ms. R. She then notifies him of the date and he will send a form to you to sign and date, which you return to Ms. R, confirming that you will be there. I don't have a copy of a current menu, but it is pretty basic food. All of it is microwavable. She will give him a list to send to you for what you can bring. She is very lenient about what you can bring, but she has to be able to search everything so don't bring anything that is not see-thru. I bought a bunch of little clear plastic travel size bottles and I just put body wash, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and face soap in those. It is just easier. You cannot bring perfume or hairspray, nothing with alcohol in it. The toothpaste has to be in a clear plastic too, not a tube, although I think someone found a clear tube somewhere. I buy the little colgate bottles with mouthwash beads. I know there is more, but that is all I can think of right now. If you have specific questions you can pm me.
One_and_Only (04-13-2010)
Old 04-13-2010, 12:21 PM

By any chance do you happen to remember from the time you turned the application in how long it took before Robinson gave you guys a date?
Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One_and_Only View Post
By any chance do you happen to remember from the time you turned the application in how long it took before Robinson gave you guys a date?

I think it was about 4-6 weeks.
One_and_Only (04-14-2010)
Old 05-10-2010, 09:54 PM
webbswife

My husband is @ DVI right now and waiting for transfer he is PC so I know there's only a few prisons he can go to...Jamestown is out seeing as tho they r my previous employer :/ so his councelor said she is gonna get him to MC...what paperwork do I need to get the family visits started...stuff like marriage cert or lic and our kids birth certs? I wanna get everything ready...
Closed Thread