Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > TDCJ - What You Need to Know > Texas Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Texas Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Texas facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the Texas forum.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Whoever said LUV was easy

Default SafP Visitation & Info. / Breckenridge, TX (Sayle Unit)

My husband will be going to Safp (Sayle Unit) in Breckenridge, TX and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on visitation. Is it the same rules as state jail? Or does everyone get contact visits? How often is visitation once they've completed Orientation? How about phone calls is it only one call every 90 days?

I've read a lot of postings on here but just can't find exactly what I'm looking for & not too many posts talk about the Sayle Unit either, if anyone has an insite it would sure be nice if you could share your experiences. Thanks so much!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2008, 01:01 PM
Blessed Mom
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,541 Times in 1,745 Posts

I don't know much about how the SAFP units work or if they are different but someone will be along shortly to give you some info. Take care.

I claim 2013 will be our best year thus far!!
Old 10-14-2008, 12:37 PM
Missin my Wishbone

I am not sure about the Sayle Unit. My hubby is at Jester I. I know he did not have to wait until orientation was over to have visitors. Visits are all contact for 2 hrs on SAt and Sun 8 till 5.
He has been able to have visitors starting the first weekend except the weekend of the Hurricane of course.
I would call and ask anyway. COuldnt hurt!
Good Luck!
Carrie
Old 10-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default Visitation

Hi and try this link, hope it helps. God bless as always.

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/for...lay.php?f=1152

The Following User Says Thank You to GraysonMom For This Useful Post:
mamajmg (10-14-2008)
Old 10-14-2008, 08:21 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 729 Posts

Hi! Welcome to PTO !!

My experience isn't with that particular unit but the basics should be pretty much alike.

Visitation is Saturday and Sunday for two hours between 8:00 - 5:00 generally. My experience was contact visits - you are allowed to kiss and hug when they come in and leave the room - from there you sit across from one another. The visiting room has vending machines and you're allowed $20 in quarters. The units also offer a family class that lasts about an hour and extends your visit for an hour. I was able to visit my son as soon as he was processed in and his visitors list was submitted. We did not have to wait until he was no longer an orientee but in some situations it can take about the same time frame for them to get processed.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's likely that the only telephone call you'll receive will be a brief five minute monitored call once he arrives at his facility. Although my son moved up in structure and actually worked for the counselors (which did get me one more call) it just isn't something they get to have.

SAFP is a behavior modification program and can be challenging. Please feel free to ask any and all questions that come to mind - it makes it so much easier to understand the program with as much info as you can gather!!

Hope this helped some -

Best of luck

"Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will bring me safely through. Your fist is clenched against my enemies. Your power will save me."

The Following User Says Thank You to mamajmg For This Useful Post:
GraysonMom (10-14-2008)
Old 10-15-2008, 05:38 PM

I ditto what mamajmg said! She has been through it as I have and it was the same for my son. Just let us know if you have anymore questions we are here to help.

The Following User Says Thank You to BB's Mom For This Useful Post:
mamajmg (10-16-2008)
Old 10-29-2008, 04:58 PM

all visits are contact unless the offender got in trouble if you get there before 9am you can do the hour of gateway training with the one you are visiting and it doesnt count against your visit time no more than 20 in change dress code inforce by all means call the unit the friday before you visit to make sure your good to go for the weekend. if you live more than 300 miles from the unit you can qualified for a special(must be preapproved)
The Following User Says Thank You to gunner08tx For This Useful Post:
mamajmg (10-29-2008)
Old 09-11-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB's Mom View Post
I ditto what mamajmg said! She has been through it as I have and it was the same for my son. Just let us know if you have anymore questions we are here to help.
hi im knew to this site, i was hoping to get some questions answered.
my boyfriend went sentenced to safp and turned himself in this morning
because a bed was available. the judge didnt make him wait in jail...
but his Probation officer called this week and told them to turn himself
in today, but didnt say where he would be going exactly. about a month
ago she said either winnsboro or breckenridge..i was just wondering if
those were good facilitys? ive read some good stuff and really bad stuff
im just so scared for him, and wanna make sure he is okay. and also his lawyer told us that when he had the option for SAFP or jail that it would be no less than 90 days, but now more than a year. but his probabtion officer said it was six months. does anyone know anything about that?
any answers would be great!! im trying really hard to stay strong..
Old 09-28-2010, 10:49 AM

Default laura

i'm seriously going through the same exact thing. and it sucks. but it really shouldn't be more than six months unless your boyfriend shows bad conduct and whatnot. but is he getting any time in a halfway house afterwards?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,625 Times in 1,768 Posts

Hello ladies and welcome to PTO.
My daughter went to SAFP a couple of years ago. The difference between a six month stay and a nine month stay is whether the inmate has "special circumstances". By that I mean are they on any kind of psychiatric medication. Any kind of medication such as anti depressants, anti anxiety, stuff like that must be handled at the special needs units and it is a nine month program. My daughter was determined special needs as she was on anti depressants. She waited five months in county jail after sentencing for a bed to open. Then she went to SAFP. She spent a total of 12 months at SAFP waiting for a bed to open at the appointed halfway house. Both the six and the nine month program require that all releasees go to a halfway house for 90 days after release. After the 90 days in the halfway house, there is an additional 6 months of after care. This program is very intense and is hard!!! Make no mistake about it. It is still prison. The aftercare for my daughter was the hardest. They make you come to classes like 5 times a week, one full day of classes on Wednesday, meet with a counselor one on one, and still expect you to work full time. Their schedule must come first tho. Is it very hard to have a job when they require so much. I will be happy to answer any other questions you have.

Diane

People that matter don't mind, and People that mind don't matter!
Old 06-18-2012, 06:43 PM

my husband went in at the end of May and about a week later I recieved a letter from him with a visitors form to fill out. Once I sent that back within 4 days he was approved for visitation. I had to get a land line for phone calls and it all has to be approved first. he has to set up the phone with the sayle unit phone company, then you will have to set it up on your side. It will be a month for him there and I got to visit him this past weekend. It was contact visit for 2 hours. Make sure everything matches the way it is on your DL or ID, with what you put on the visitors list. Hope this helps, God Bless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADGJJT View Post
My husband will be going to Safp (Sayle Unit) in Breckenridge, TX and I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on visitation. Is it the same rules as state jail? Or does everyone get contact visits? How often is visitation once they've completed Orientation? How about phone calls is it only one call every 90 days?

I've read a lot of postings on here but just can't find exactly what I'm looking for & not too many posts talk about the Sayle Unit either, if anyone has an insite it would sure be nice if you could share your experiences. Thanks so much!