Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arizona Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in Arizona should be posted here.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:24 PM

Default Apartments accepting felons

Okay so my fiance is going to be able to get released on parole in november of 2009. Thing is, he has to have a place to get paroled too. We are looking to get married in the prison. I was wondering if there are any programs that help out wives of felons get a place so their men can be paroled to???

If ANYONE has any information, Please contact me asap!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 07:09 PM
Loving Him
Donation Award 

I had the same problem when i just got my apartment, all the places on my side of town are criminal free so i was worried that he wouldnt be able to parole out to my place but then he talked to his COIII and he said that he can parole out, they will come check the apartment but they dont talk to the apartment complex and he doesnt have to be on the lease(which he couldnt be because of the no criminal rule). When he asked his COIII if he would get in trouble for staying here with me he told him no as long as they see that is it a drug free enviroment and i am not a criminal he should be perfectly fine, as for there being a program that would help you out, im not sure if there is on, maybe the other ladies will know.
soontobemrswood (10-03-2008)
Old 10-03-2008, 12:39 AM
almost home
Donation Award 

It all depends on if hie parole offices wants to notify the landlord as well; I had a really hard time, and I am not even 100% sure if I'll be able to stay where I am when he is released ... time will tell
Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 AM
The Conservative Felon

Default Great place ---

I live in a community of very nice townhomes - the owner - does not check background or anything. Relatively expensive - but definettly workable. it is family centered. and police come once your gone. But he is an extremly nice guy.

Its on a craigslist page under sublets / temporary places for rent. Weekly from 125/week (1 bedroom) with all utilities paid. up to 340/week 4 bedroom.

I dont know if i can post links yet to sites as im new on this forum. but its for Tucson. PM if you want more info. thanks!

theres about 40 townhomes in 3 different sections of town. My daugter and I live there (I am on probation/convicted felon)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geeky25 For This Useful Post:
13MmeHomard13 (10-15-2008), NtShadow (10-15-2008)
Old 10-15-2008, 06:36 AM

Does anyone have any info for the Phoenix/Tempe/Mesa areas on apts that accept felons that are somewhat nice?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:31 AM
5 yrs of infidelity&drugs
Donation Award 

same here with the tucson apts. found mine listed on craigs list. met the LL at the apt, filled out a page and gave deposit, got key.

asked what will i have to do if i marry my BF, he said send email with name, he'll send a addendum to sign, and pay extra $40 a month starting the next month.

PO said the living arrangements and lease stuff is between me and landlord. she does not call.

good luck. seems like the mom and pop renters dont do all that background stuff. it costs them! so if no application fee (which usually covers the charge) and no stipulation in lease- you may be good to go.

this is the hardest part!

Battman has been home about three years...
OFF PAROLE IN 4 DAYS 12/21/11!
Old 04-10-2009, 08:46 PM
~ Trust, but Verify

Default Apartment rules change

DOC has relaxed the "crime-free" issue. You may wish to contact the Parole Office.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 PM
almost home
Donation Award 

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceforChange View Post
DOC has relaxed the "crime-free" issue. You may wish to contact the Parole Office.

What do you mean DOC? The main issue I have is the apartment complexes themselves not accepting felons ... Can you explain what you mean please? As of right now I have just under 20 months, but could get his good time back .... I may need to look sooner because 99.9% sure he wont be able to live where I am now ...
Old 07-14-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobemrswood View Post
Okay so my fiance is going to be able to get released on parole in november of 2009. Thing is, he has to have a place to get paroled too. We are looking to get married in the prison. I was wondering if there are any programs that help out wives of felons get a place so their men can be paroled to???

Hello,

You can usually find a place through using an apartment locater, which I am. No promises, but I can help in most situations if you would like to call me. (removed per PTO policy. Please pm member for this info.)

Last edited by NtShadow; 07-15-2009 at 02:37 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to em64 For This Useful Post:
dannysbabyblue (07-15-2009)
Old 07-14-2009, 12:06 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by em64 View Post
Hello,

You can usually find a place through using an apartment locater, which I am. No promises, but I can help in most situations if you would like to call me. 602-690-8893
You are going to be one of THE most popular people on this board if you can find quality housing for felons.

True remorse is never just a regret over consequences; it is a regret over motive. -Mignon McLaughlin, journalist and author (1913-1983)

Without hope you have no vision, and a vision without action is simply a dream. -Frank O'Dea, co-founder of The Second Cup
Old 07-14-2009, 07:55 PM

Like another poster stated,, rental properties that are not apartment complexes will be easier to get into,,, there are lots of privately owned condos and houses that need to be rented out,, some landlords just care that youre able to pay and can give a deposit... alot dont do background checks,,,so I would really avoid apartments.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:19 PM
~ Trust, but Verify

DOC has a "violent crime code". Meaning if the inmate being released is violent or the crime is coded as violent, when DOC must get consent from the landlord EVEN IF YOU RENT A NON-APARTMENT! (HOUSE) It's called 3rd party liability. A plainly posted apartment complex (ie a sign) that states that it's "CRIME FREE", will evict you in most cases, unless all persons living in the Apartment are on the lease and or have cleared the background check. DOC use to enforce the "CRIMEFREE = No Parolee" with no questions asked. Now unless it's coded "violent crime" then they don't check with the Landlord. BUT with that said. It depends on the Parole Officer. Most will "check your status" (how long your lease has left, etc) with the office and the office will put 2 and 2 together and start to ask questions. I know most PO's just ask for the offender to be put on the lease and that will kill the placement. Fair? It is for the people that rent there expecting the complex to be "crime-free". It can also be a possible contact (lease) violation to tell someone that you offer a crime-free apartment complex and then allow parolee's to live in the complex. People sue for less reasons. Renting a house is the best thing, as most landlords will allow parolee's to reside there unless they are sex offenders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannysbabyblue View Post
What do you mean DOC? The main issue I have is the apartment complexes themselves not accepting felons ... Can you explain what you mean please? As of right now I have just under 20 months, but could get his good time back .... I may need to look sooner because 99.9% sure he wont be able to live where I am now ...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ForceforChange For This Useful Post:
dannysbabyblue (07-15-2009), NtShadow (07-15-2009), VjzWifey.!. (10-28-2009)
Old 07-15-2009, 01:04 AM
almost home
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13MmeHomard13 View Post
You are going to be one of THE most popular people on this board if you can find quality housing for felons.

No Kidding! LOL

I attempted to use something like that a few years ago but they kept sending me to the most god awful ghetto complexes. Either way I think I am going to look for a house.
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM
KRISTEN

Default apts to live

Quote:
Hello,

You can usually find a place through using an apartment locater, which I am. No promises, but I can help in most situations if you would like to call me. (removed per PTO policy. Please pm member for this info.)

Hello do you know anywhere in the Parma, North Royalton, Strongsville area!
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 AM

Hey, I was wondering the samething just wondering how that worked out for you????

Quote:
Originally Posted by soontobemrswood View Post

Old 02-10-2012, 01:20 PM

This is a pretty old thread...but revisited by shparks.

Even though Force for Change's comment is a few years old, his information is usually pretty correct, as I believe his is a parole officer and has been a huge supporter on PTO. I have not seen him on in a while, but his older posts offer great information.

It will be hard to find an apartment that will accept felons on the application. If you are a home owner, you are totally fine. If you lease from an individual, typically you will be fine. It's the management companies and major apartment complexes that have issues.

The Following User Says Thank You to Paulie'sGirl For This Useful Post:
GoingHomeSoon (02-12-2012)
Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 PM

Default home for sex offender

How about a place for a sex offender to live in the Phoenix area?
Old 07-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Default CA - Need to find Apartments that will rent to felons...

SHould I do my own background check to see what i am working with?
I need help They all want to do background checks I am in the sfv and need help finding a place PLEASE I need a list of places that will rent to a felon. Any help will do

Quote:
Hello,