Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) Unit Specific Forums > Moore Prison Unit - Texas
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Moore Prison Unit - Texas Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the C. Moore Prison Unit in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.

Old 12-04-2003, 09:33 PM

Default Choice Moore Prison Unit Bonham Texas

hey everyone i am kym with a boyfriend in Choice Moore unit just wondering if there is anyone out there with a loved one in this same unit.. I know a few people already but not online. Just trying to meet someone to see how some of this prison system works. it makes me angry.. let me know thanks!
Old 12-05-2003, 08:36 AM

hi kym this is kelly my husband is in choice moore unit he has been there since feb. 2003 and i have not been to see him because of transportation but have u been down there and let me know please
Old 12-05-2003, 01:41 PM

Yes I have plenty of times! where do u live? how far is it from Bonham? how old r u? i am only 19 .. i go down there at least once a month b/c i have to share my visitations with his dad and sister and his aunt.. it sucks or i would be there everyweekend if i could.. b/c its only like 30 miles from me.. really really close! who is ur husband david probably knows him!! its a really small unit..
Old 12-06-2003, 11:34 AM

MY HUSBAND IS ANGEL GOMEZ I LIVE IN FT WORTH I AM 36 AND HAVE 3 LOVELY KIDS BY THIS MAN I WAS JUST WONDERING HOW IT IS BECAUSE WHEN I GET LETTERS FROM HIM HE NEVER TELLS ME HOW IT IS SO I WAS JUST WONDERING I GET LETTER EVER SATURDAY YAH TODAY IS SATURDAY SO I AM WAITING FOR POST MAN HAHA
Old 12-08-2003, 05:27 PM

I know how that is.. one of my friends is getting out of choice moore on monday.. if u want i can take u up there one time.. i will come get u if u want to.. and u can take ur kids too.. do u know if he is in medium custody or regular.. b/c if he is in medium then u have a no contact visit.. if he is regular then u get a full contact visit.. thats the best.. i went to see david and doug this weekend.. i will ask david in the letter i am sending off if he knows him.. doug gets out monday and he could know him and could tell you. most of the guards everyone up there seems really nice.. it a nice place!!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:26 AM

Do you know how many people are in the unit?
Old 12-27-2008, 10:42 PM

flyinryn- My husband has been there for about a year now. I'm not sure exactly how many they keep there, but the capacity is 1,224. if you look at the tdcj website, they will have a unit directory, which has the stats of any unit you need info on.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:20 AM
Derricks Babee<3

my fiance is at c.moore . i go every weekend =]

Old 01-23-2009, 09:39 AM

Default C Moore Ned a Ride?

My husband was just transferred from Gurney to this unit. I will be going every weekend if someone wants to ride. I live in North Texas between Denton and McKinney.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:40 PM

Default C.Moore Unit

My son was also recently transferred to Choice Unit from Gurney. He seems to like it better. At least that's what his girlfriend told me. She was finally able to visit him. We were never able to visit him in Gurney. He wasn't there long enough. I don't see many people logging in for Choice Unit. Am I in the right place? It's nice to know someone out there has someone in that unit.
Old 04-20-2009, 04:11 PM

my husband has been there for 2 months now i am lost without him and i havent seen him in 6 months no ride i live in dallas
Old 05-07-2009, 04:15 AM

Default my son

my son just got moved from gurney to C moore ..im so scared for him can anyone tell me what this unit is like please ..my son is only 19 and looks 16 teen ..hes so scared
Old 05-07-2009, 10:40 AM

My son was just transferred this week to C Moore also from Gurney. I got a letter from him yesterday and he's working in the kitchen. In Gurney he worked outside and loved it. He is not an indoor person.

I'm wondering how long it takes to get in for a visit if you get there at 8:00 a.m. This is a very busy weekend but I'll be out of town next week for 8 days so can't visit next week-end. I hate to miss church on Sunday to visit, besides my other son is coming for Mother's Day. OMGosh! I'm whining aren't I! So sorry. I'll figure this out!!!
Old 05-09-2009, 09:45 PM

Missmyson40, I know how you feel, I was so scared for my husband when he first got in the system. He's been at Choice Moore since January 2008. He says there are a lot of crooked CO's there... but all the horror stories you hear...are just that. Yeah, it's prison...but it's not a hard core unit. Do you know what dorm he is in? If he's in my husbands dorm, I'll tell my hubby to befriend him. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmyson40 View Post
my son just got moved from gurney to C moore ..im so scared for him can anyone tell me what this unit is like please ..my son is only 19 and looks 16 teen ..hes so scared
Old 05-09-2009, 09:52 PM

MammaD, lol you're not whining! My husband has been at C Moore for almost a year and a half. I believe he can "apply" or ask for a different job. My husband is the Unit Artist right now. He has done several art projects there including a full wall mural. (not the one in the visitation room)
This weekend will be fairly busy because of Mothers Day...but I ALWAYS get there at 8:00am, and it's not bad at all! Most people come after church, so by noon or so they say it's PACKED. I'll be going in the morning and be there at 8:00...maybe I'll see you there!
Hope this reaches you in time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaD View Post
My son was just transferred this week to C Moore also from Gurney. I got a letter from him yesterday and he's working in the kitchen. In Gurney he worked outside and loved it. He is not an indoor person.

I'm wondering how long it takes to get in for a visit if you get there at 8:00 a.m. This is a very busy weekend but I'll be out of town next week for 8 days so can't visit next week-end. I hate to miss church on Sunday to visit, besides my other son is coming for Mother's Day. OMGosh! I'm whining aren't I! So sorry. I'll figure this out!!!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 PM

Hey i went to visit at choice moore unit on 5/16/2009 they make you feel so out of place over there i just pray every night for all our love ones so please join in pray for our love ones safe return.......
Old 05-29-2009, 05:24 PM

My son started out in county about 8 months ago. He was transferred to Gurney (they call it naked Gurney because of being stripped searched all the time) two months ago and one month ago, he was transferred to Choice Moore (they refer to C Moore as the daycare of Texas prisons). I visited him on county and that was miserable through the glass on a phone. I didn't get to visit him at Gurney because he wasn't there long enough. I have been to C Moore on the 17th and the 24th of this month. I have to admit that it is so much better than county. I mean, two hours at a table, feeding him snacks, being able to touch and talk in person. It's 3 1/2 hours away but I plan on going often until he gets out. In county I just wanted a hug. I got that so I'm doing pretty good today.

djlowder...my son actually told me there was a Unit Artist this last weekend.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:03 PM

Question Husband transferred from Gurney to Moore

Do the same visitation rules apply at Moore? If you live 300 miles away, you can have a 4 hour visit? My husband just transferred to Moore and he told me all the visits are contact and I live in San Antonio, so just wondering if I'll be able to have a 4hr contact visit with him. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:00 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,529 Times in 1,266 Posts
Default Special Visits

Yes, the same rules apply on visitation. Special Visits must be approved by the Warden and every unit is pretty much a stickler regarding the 300 mile rule. Here is a link that should help you. Speical Visit information begins on page 25. Hope this helps and Blessings as always.

http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/publicat...0(8-13-08).pdf

Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrebelKymL View Post
hey everyone i am kym with a boyfriend in Choice Moore unit just wondering if there is anyone out there with a loved one in this same unit.. I know a few people already but not online. Just trying to meet someone to see how some of this prison system works. it makes me angry.. let me know thanks!

Hi my name is Billie Glasscock. My brother Robert Youngman is there. What is your boyfriends name is. I can communicate the information to my brother. And see if they know each other.

Please reply,

thank you
billie
Old 06-14-2009, 04:42 PM

Hey! I have a loved one at Choice Moore. He has been there about 7 weeks. I have gone to visit 2 times and it seems to go smoothly. How often are you able to make it to visit?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:55 PM

Default Every weekend i can

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwithouthim0 View Post
Hey! I have a loved one at Choice Moore. He has been there about 7 weeks. I have gone to visit 2 times and it seems to go smoothly. How often are you able to make it to visit?
Yes, My father has been there about 3 months. My sister and I most always go out there every weekend. If not both of us together then its usually just one of us. we come from dallas area. How often are you able to visit?
Old 12-18-2010, 10:46 PM
rivas

Exclamation hello

hi yes i have my husband in that prison since last year his almost home ,,but i live in dallas tx he is like 2 hrs away from my house but if there nothing i can do for u let me now ,, my name is laura
Old 04-06-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:

My son just got sent there
Old 12-24-2011, 04:00 PM
BlueEyes619

Default I need a ride

Quote:
Yes I have plenty of times! where do u live? how far is it from Bonham? how old r u? i am only 19 .. i go down there at least once a month b/c i have to share my visitations with his dad and sister and his aunt.. it sucks or i would be there everyweekend if i could.. b/c its only like 30 miles from me.. really really close! who is ur husband david probably knows him!! its a really small unit..

Are you going on Christmas day ? I live in Longview it's been 6 months since I have seen him . I really miss him let me know please.