Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 10-03-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fserna View Post
Don't sweat it Loyal its probably people who have never been betrayed but if the shoe was on the other foot. Believe me they will be blowing smoke out of their ass.My husband was also snitched on so I know how you are feeling. Never had any evidence just on words of others.

not me my husband wuz snitched on an pretty sure we kno who did it but to me its better to not kno because of wut could happen , i understand more tahn anything about hatin a snitch theres been nights when i stayed up dreamin of all the horrible ways that i could torture this person ,but lik i said better to focus on my husband coming home an livin a good clean life where we aint got to worry about snitches, she askd about finding snitches what would that usaually insinuate loyal wuz ur incarcerated loved one breakin the law or wronglly accused
Old 10-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Thanked 1,081 Times in 521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOYAL2DAGAME View Post
moderator - please delete this thread. I cant believe some of the replies i get for asking this question!!!!!!!!!
Lol! I can't believe it either. Unfortunately, I don't think you can delete it.
Old 10-04-2008, 11:05 AM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Here are some links to articles about false testimony by snitches...

http://oklahomacriminaldefense.blogs...isastrous.html

http://www.innocenceproject.org/unde...Informants.php

http://www.innocenceproject.org/unde...Misconduct.php

http://www.aclunc.org/news/opinions/..._lottery.shtml

http://www.usdoj.gov/opa/pr/2005/Oct...5_crm_576.html

There are a lot more, that is just a few.
dvol (10-04-2008)
Old 10-04-2008, 11:10 AM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

It is in our best interest to be able to confront our accusers. You have to know who they are to do it. Look at these cases... It is not always a negative thing to want to know who lied to get off on their sentence and bury your loved one. It can definitely help with appeals, especially if the "witness" (<--using that term lightly) makes a career out of false testimony. To know this, one must research and actually know who the snitch is.
dvol (10-04-2008), Wobabi (10-04-2008)
Old 10-04-2008, 12:39 PM

you haven't done anything wrong posting this, this is what the site is here for. you may get some haters who don't agree with you but those are everywhere. i would say think before you post and possibly give a little more background to your question... if you're worried about running into issues like this. people should be able to post whatever they want... it's generally harmless! You also have to think about if/when you do found out who did this what are you going to be able to do about it? Will it really be worth it to know? welcome to PTO!
Old 10-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 12,841 Times in 4,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by irshnrse View Post
It is in our best interest to be able to confront our accusers. You have to know who they are to do it. Look at these cases... It is not always a negative thing to want to know who lied to get off on their sentence and bury your loved one. It can definitely help with appeals, especially if the "witness" (<--using that term lightly) makes a career out of false testimony. To know this, one must research and actually know who the snitch is.
Those links were AWESOME!
Very Informative
Old 10-04-2008, 09:19 PM

Thanked 1,114 Times in 580 Posts
Default I don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitin4BlueEyes View Post
First of all, Welcome to PTO!

It's a reality of prison life that sometimes "snitches" pay the ultimate price for doing what I would say is the right thing. For that reason, I hope you don't find a website that offers such information.
I don't know many snitches doing the "right thing" though. What's right about me selling drugs and getting x amount of years for it, but because I know you are selling too, I snitch on you, get my time cut to m and leave you stuck with x? Sounds fair because it's drugs right? What about on the highway "But officer she was speeding too!" ? You'd be ready to give me the STFU eyes.

Not sure why this is a concern(to the OP) but if you were to snitch on me, your statement would be in my papers(legal paperwork).

Last edited by jeswannabhiswyf; 10-04-2008 at 09:20 PM..
Old 11-07-2008, 09:39 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thought I would update this thread with a very interesting link regarding the Supreme Court hearing arguements on whether prosecutors can be held responsible for misconduct leading to wrongful convictions...
Here is the link...
http://www.innocenceproject.org/Content/1677.php
Old 11-07-2008, 10:10 PM

Thug-

Sounds like that what happened to my man.... Almost exactly... That's why he is where he is in now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugwife View Post
I am going to clarify my reasoning about this post. FIRST of all, my husband was "snitched" on lack of a better word, I prefer RATTING, by a CI. I sat thru trial after trial. The information in his PSI was PUBLIC record. I still have all his paperwork and it says FLAT OUT the dudes name on it. I ALSO seen him testify in court against my husband. IT IS NOT CONIFDENTIAL, I have no idea why its called a confidential informant. Our attorney was confident that we would win our jury trial because SUPPOSEDLY cops cannot ask a convicted felon to be a CI.

Wrong. The guy that RATTED on my husband was pulled over with a handgun. Thus, him being a convicted felon in possession of a handgun, here in KY thats either a PFO or a 5-10 FLAT sentence. This guy had prior felonies, which made him a felon with possession. The cops LET HIM GO, did NOT charge him or anything. About a few months later (I learned this during trial) the CI wrote our drug task force asking to be a informant because he THOUGHT they were going to charge him for the gun case.

They didnt arrest him when they pulled him over, SO WHY would someone randomly write the DEA and ask to be a informant? That was his reasoning behind it. So us being the fine state we are were tickled to death for this guy to set up drug dealers. Long story short, this guy wore a wire on 81 dealers. MY husband got the most SEVERE punishment of any of them----25 years!!!!!! What did they catch my man with??? A 20 piece. Now most would think that anyone that had that amount of drugs on them, they would get a lienent sentence. Now dont get it confused, my husband got 4 counts of trafficking with this dude.

He is the ONLY person that is still incarcerated on this crime, so dont get me started on what I think about RATS. I tried to pass my opinion on this subject, just took a breath and went on my way.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:47 PM
He's Finally Home!

The Victim Witness Program.....And some things are left better unsaid

R.I.P JESSE STREMCHA
3/15/81-12/15/13
MY FIRST LOVE, MY BEST FRIEND, YOU KNEW ME BETTER THAN I KNOW MYSELF, I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU, I WILL NEVER GET OVER YOU.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Its us against the world

Thanked 4,172 Times in 2,322 Posts

I was told the only way you could find that out was if you took it to trial. UNFORTUNATELY. (coming from a sister who works with all that has a job in law enforcement) Personally, I wish they would list um! Maybe then people would learn a valuable life lesson.. snitches get stitches.. I couldnt be wit no damn snitch nor could I be friends wit um.. couldnt trust they fake asses LOL

*I know it's not easy, bein away from tha 1 u luv, some days seem almost unbearable, but b4 u close ur eyes at night, smile cuz ur 1 day closer 2 tha day ur incarcerated 1 will be home*

His Queen..forever & always..beyond Life
Old 11-10-2008, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthelpbutwait View Post
I was told the only way you could find that out was if you took it to trial. UNFORTUNATELY. (coming from a sister who works with all that has a job in law enforcement) Personally, I wish they would list um! Maybe then people would learn a valuable life lesson.. snitches get stitches.. I couldnt be wit no damn snitch nor could I be friends wit um.. couldnt trust they fake asses LOL
not all the time cause when my bro-in-law got knocked, the d's gave him the real name of the person who snitched. Im not sure if thats procedure, but either way thats what happened. the only thing is that a real name doesnt really mean anything if u dont know what people call them in the streets.

**We may not be perfect individuals, but we are perfect for each other**
Old 11-10-2008, 02:04 PM

I don't know about web sites but I know there was a list going around in Pittsburgh of every snitch. People mailed them to inmates and everything. The police were having a fit!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:08 PM
Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOYAL2DAGAME View Post
I was just wondering is there any site online where u can go to see if somebody has snitched on another person? Any help would be great.

I hardly think anyone would have a site about snitching?? WTH??
Old 11-10-2008, 02:08 PM
just a baby mamma

Thanked 1,131 Times in 627 Posts

canthelpbutwait~ we didn't take ours to trial and we found out who snitched was the co-defendant we read the police report....

Wobabi~ I think you responded to karen's reply( i think that's her name) I wanted to say another thanks for that, i could only thank you once, that is exactly what happens
Old 11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
We're back at it

snitches get stitches
I dont go looking for them
Old 11-10-2008, 02:36 PM

Thanked 1,388 Times in 609 Posts

in my case, the so called CI was told to make things sound better than they actually were because the more there was the better it would sound for the warrant. I got almost all the charges dropped except for one and let me tell you the CI said things I could not in any way shape or form have done at all even on my best day. don't get me wrong, I did what I pled to but the other stuff no way and as soon as we brought out the fact that the detective said to make things sound worse and the dummy had it in an email too. everything except the one thing went bye bye and out the door. I know who the guy was and his name was all over the paperwork. I'm not doing anything to him or anything. not even going near him. I'm sure he'll do what he did to me to someone else and they wont be as lienent and it'll all catch up to him i'm sure
Old 11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Its us against the world

Thanked 4,172 Times in 2,322 Posts

Maybe it is just where I am located that the rules are when you go to trial. I am not sure. ALL i know is that was what my sister said as well as the detectives who busted some of my friends for they street pharmacy *wink wink*

*I know it's not easy, bein away from tha 1 u luv, some days seem almost unbearable, but b4 u close ur eyes at night, smile cuz ur 1 day closer 2 tha day ur incarcerated 1 will be home*

His Queen..forever & always..beyond Life
Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 PM

My husband is in jail because of a snitch. My husband had the option of taking other people down but he didn't. It obviously upsets me that that man choose to snitch on my husband but I still dont wish anything bad for that man. God is the only one that can judge.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:24 PM

If I could have snitched and gotten my guy out of trouble I would have. I'm not ashamed to say it either. Am I the only one who feels this way? Granted, he did what he did and got himself into trouble. No one else was involved, but still. I'd do anything to get him home. I guess I'm a rat!LOL
Old 05-08-2009, 09:34 PM

I wouldn't snitch on others so my husband can come home sooner. Not just because I don't believe in that but because it can be dangerous. I can't be getting in trouble because I need to be here for my children. Plus my husband would never let me get involved in something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandk View Post
If I could have snitched and gotten my guy out of trouble I would have. I'm not ashamed to say it either. Am I the only one who feels this way? Granted, he did what he did and got himself into trouble. No one else was involved, but still. I'd do anything to get him home. I guess I'm a rat!LOL
Old 05-08-2009, 09:42 PM

I would never be involved in something like that. What I mean is that it's probably human nature to try and weasel your way out of trouble. If you were looking at a ton of time and it could help you, you might snitch. Not you but in general, people might. I can honestly see how someone would do it. That said, the most I break the law is when I'm speeding on the interstate! My guy is in there for things he did. He has to deal with that. I probably spoke, or typed, prematurely when I said I would snitch to get him out of there. Truth be told, I think that this is saving our relationship and his life. Just a thought.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:51 PM

I understand what you mean! I wish there was something I could do to help my husband come home sooner also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbandk View Post
I would never be involved in something like that. What I mean is that it's probably human nature to try and weasel your way out of trouble. If you were looking at a ton of time and it could help you, you might snitch. Not you but in general, people might. I can honestly see how someone would do it. That said, the most I break the law is when I'm speeding on the interstate! My guy is in there for things he did. He has to deal with that. I probably spoke, or typed, prematurely when I said I would snitch to get him out of there. Truth be told, I think that this is saving our relationship and his life. Just a thought.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:35 PM

my husband is in prison right now for not taking his best friend and best friends lil brother down.. he didnt do the crime but he was there... they only new my mans name and now he is doing five years for hitting a guy in the face he has an att rob charge for no reason he told the cops the truth that he hit the guy which the guy was tryin to get crack of him anyways.. i think that you didnt nothing wrong postin your question! thats what this site is for! =] best of luck

Old 05-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Thanked 1,482 Times in 752 Posts

PTO does not condone posts which could lead to the harm of anyone or naming of people in public (post) without their consent, unless linked to a news media story.