Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Prison Phones
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prison Phones Discuss problems, solutions and other issues relating to institutional phone systems here

Old 09-25-2008, 04:07 PM

Default Cons call home!

Hey guys my man isnt in prison yet but even in county I know how crazy expensive phone calls can be. I saw cons call home and it sounds like a pretty good deal but im scared its going to be a scam. Has anyone had any problems with this service. and for anyone who has it, do they tell you how many minutes you have left on each call? and is there a plan where you can get more than 300 min? maybe 500 or so?

thanks for the help,
Ashley
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
No Longer Loved

Default cons call home

like i have posted before it is not a scam it is a wonderful program. i have saved over 500 dollars in 3 months with them. my phone calls are now 2.84. they are wonderful and will work with you. ask for wendy

denise williams
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SteveVoLady For This Useful Post:
GREG'SWIFE (10-23-2008), legaleagle47327 (09-27-2008), niuyoricanpr (12-03-2008)
Old 09-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Legal Eagle in Indiana

Default Calls

9/27/08---Thank you very much for the information and details regarding Cons Call Home.

I have found them to be a reliable and very excellent way to save money on the collect calls. My telephone bill went from approximately $16 per call to a little over $5.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 PM

Thank you all for the responces. But the thing is, I dont have a house phone, only a cell. And I have to make a prepaid account through GTL to speak with him. This costs pretty close to $5.00 per call. Do you think I still would save money with cons call home? I had someone give me a little bit of advice and told me to just get my number changed to a local number, and that would cut down the cost. But I only live 30 min away from the prison he's going to. I would call CCH and ask but of course they're going to tell me to use their service. This whole prison thing is just one big confusing mess! I can't wait untill he gets where he is going to stay!!
Old 09-28-2008, 01:42 PM

I use my cellphone using conscallhome and they have 3 different plans to choose from.. I dont use GTL tho so i dont know how they work..but when ever my man calls me it tells me how much i have left on my account prior to talking to him so i dont run out of money its costs me 1 dollar for 30 minutes..
Old 09-28-2008, 09:12 PM

hey everyone i am getting ready to go to Carswell in late October, and i was wondering who to contact about land line and cell phone calls... any help would be appreciated
Old 10-02-2008, 11:02 AM
just a baby mamma

Thanked 1,131 Times in 627 Posts

kevins~ once he goes from county to prison with GTL the cost will go down with each phone call under $4.00 a call
Old 10-03-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVoLady View Post
like i have posted before it is not a scam it is a wonderful program. i have saved over 500 dollars in 3 months with them. my phone calls are now 2.84. they are wonderful and will work with you. ask for wendy

denise williams

Im guessing you work at global tel link lol
Old 10-20-2008, 10:17 PM
No Longer Loved

no i hardly work for whoever. i am just a mommy and a wife waiting for my husband to some home. i just have had nothing but positive experiences with cons call home and they do use cell phones

Last edited by SteveVoLady; 10-20-2008 at 10:18 PM..
Old 10-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Banned

does anyone know if it is ok to use that in california state prisons?
Old 10-22-2008, 03:49 AM

Hi everyone i was thinking about utulizing the cons call home fone service as well but i did get the chance to discuss with my hubby in prison and he talk with other inmates about what they knew of about this and he told me that some of the inmates have gotten shots against them for using the service. But do keep in mind her is in federal prison and cons call home is considered a third party call. I thought that i would mention that. I would never want my man in any kinda trouble soo we decided against it.
The Following User Says Thank You to jackie58316 For This Useful Post:
flyaway (09-28-2011)
Old 10-22-2008, 08:48 AM

I paid for conscallhome last week and they have yet to send me a number. I paid last Tuesdays and they said to give it two- four days and I would receive the number so that my husband can call me. Well this is the eighth day and still no number. So I called them and "Jesse' said that my number was on back order to give a couple more days. Has anyone ever been told that their number was on back order?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:50 PM
Banned

I got my number right away. but i heard he wont get introuble because you are still paying GTL and the number you are using is a landline.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Cons call home

I was spending over $180 a month in long distance collect calls from my daughter. I signed up for cons call home and have spoken to her over 1 hour and it has cost me only $7. I am very pleased and wish I would have found this site earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsgurl85 View Post
Hey guys my man isnt in prison yet but even in county I know how crazy expensive phone calls can be. I saw cons call home and it sounds like a pretty good deal but im scared its going to be a scam. Has anyone had any problems with this service. and for anyone who has it, do they tell you how many minutes you have left on each call? and is there a plan where you can get more than 300 min? maybe 500 or so?

thanks for the help,
Ashley
Old 12-04-2009, 03:28 PM

CONS CALL HOME is a rip off. In July 2008 I purchased 1 year upfront for almost $ 200.00 once they verified that LCIW ( Louisiana Correctional Institute for Women) could accept their phone number provided. LCIW uses GlobalTelink as their phone provider. GlobalTelink will not accept a CCH number because it is a "recycled number". I have not been able to use my phone number one time . The only reply from CCH I have had is that they will cancel my phone number as requested . STILL no explaination or refund of the $ 200 that they took from my bank card ! This is December 2009 and still fighting this !
The Following User Says Thank You to haleyd8 For This Useful Post:
ultraviolet (12-06-2009)
Old 12-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Jakes Moonlight

When ConsCallHome worked for me it worked really well. But when I had to cancel and requested a refund then they showed their true colours. Ignore emails about the refund of the money.Or give idiotic replies over the phone.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 PM

Default Ashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinsgurl85 View Post

thanks for the help,
Ashley
hello Ashley.... I"m living in AZ, and my brother is in CO, but was incarcerated in AK. I've been calling "cons call home"...but they only service certain areas, so call first!! Good luck my friend
Old 01-07-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveVoLady View Post
no i hardly work for whoever. i am just a mommy and a wife waiting for my husband to some home. i just have had nothing but positive experiences with cons call home and they do use cell phones
Is this for all prisons everywhere??? If so, could you give me the info to get the program or whatever? My calls cost 7.30 right now...
Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakes Baybay View Post
Is this for all prisons everywhere??? If so, could you give me the info to get the program or whatever? My calls cost 7.30 right now...

It doesnt work for all prisons. All they do is get a local number to the prison and you pay them monthly for it. If you want I can help you do it yourself. Plus if the prison collect call service is GTL or CBS they wont accept them.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:14 AM

What is CBS? I live in CA and my fiance is In MS.. My phone bill is currently $800.00 =(
I just talked with CCH and I'm confused on what to do...Some say its a scam .. some love it! What will be the easiest way to cut down the cost on my calls... Does anyone know what i should do? I would really appreciate the help!! Thank u
Old 01-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhenya && Liz View Post
What is CBS? I live in CA and my fiance is In MS.. My phone bill is currently $800.00 =(
I just talked with CCH and I'm confused on what to do...Some say its a scam .. some love it! What will be the easiest way to cut down the cost on my calls... Does anyone know what i should do? I would really appreciate the help!! Thank u

GTL will not set up an account for you with conscallhome.com at least for california state prisons. and when they find out who has one the block the line
Old 01-19-2010, 01:05 AM

its a great thing....my baby dady and i use it i pay 26.00 a month for 400 minutes and with out it it would be almost 80.00 so i would recommend it to everyone..
xoxo stephanie
Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 PM

i think cons call home sucks. My husband has gotten moved 3 times and everytime i call to get a new number they charge me $ 5.00 and now he went to another facility i can't recieve calls from him because i live in Pa and he is Ny. So i cancelled it and I have NOT recieved a refund. They have put in 11 request and NO MONEY after 9 weeks. They are a RIP OFF COMPANY!!!!!
Old 01-25-2010, 07:14 PM
LoveHim&MissHim

does anyone know how much it costs per call for GTL vs Conscallhome? Or how many times he can call me once i put the money on?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:20 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,898 Times in 1,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlyons View Post
hello Ashley.... I"m living in AZ, and my brother is in CO, but was incarcerated in AK. I've been calling "cons call home"...but they only service certain areas, so call first!! Good luck my friend
I've checked into this sevice and from what i can tell they do exactly what I am able to do myself just by having a NJ number through vonage. The only difference is that by using Cons Call Home, my calls will double in cost due to the connection fee or whatever its called. Vonage might be a better deal and they service everywhere. PM me for more info if you'd like.