Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri DOC - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Missouri DOC - What You Need to Know Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections. Q&A for those new to the system should be posted here.

Old 09-12-2008, 07:46 PM

Default Level 1

My brother just seen the parole board 2 weeks ago, He went from a level 4 to a level 1. They told him he needed treatment, He is still at NECC. I know he will be moved, but what is a level 1, when my husband was in, treatment was a level 2. Where do they send a level 1? Do they go to a 120 day or 180 day treatment. Anybody have any ideas? After messing with the DOC for years they are changing the rules
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Donation Award 

I was always under the impression that level 1 was either the half way house or parole. Treatment can always be gotten on the outside and be a stipulation of his parole, but up to him to seek out.
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 09-13-2008, 03:17 PM

Well he's got an august, 09 out date, but they made him a level 1, I agree with you Christy, I always thought a level 1 was out, that a level 2 was a year and under. I have dealt with the DOC for almost 10 years now and have never heard of a level 1 except going to a half-way house. They haven't even told him they are going to move him, but they wont leave him in a level 4, do you think they will move him to a level 2, which is usually treatment. I have always thought that somebody had to understand what was going on at the Doc, because they were such a hugh agency, but I am beginning to believe that there is no rhyme or reason to their madness.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:42 AM
I am his Wife!

Just to throw in my two cents...my guy has been a two for the last year approx and had his level hearing whatever thing this week and was suppose to be *crossing fingers* dropping down to a one for the last little bit of his time. Of course he has been all up and down the scale 4 down to 3 down to 2 back up to 3 down to 2 and now??? we shall see.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:07 PM

My husband went from a 4 to a 2 and then out, of course that took 4 years. Thats why the level 1 thru me, when my husband was in we never heard of a level 1
Old 09-15-2008, 10:18 PM

Level 1 has less than one year left. They go to level 2 camps because there are no level 1 camps. Treatment centers can be anything. There are some that can accept 4's and 5's but others that only accept 1's and 2's or 3's that are override to a 2.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to livinginreality For This Useful Post:
spbabie112 (11-22-2008), StormChild (09-16-2008)
Old 11-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm like the ring leader.

My friend told me a few months ago that he is being transfered to treatment but he hasn't been moved yet. He has 11 months left so I suppose that he's a level 1 too? I don't know.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:29 PM

The first time my b/f was a level two, and went to OCC, this time he was a level three and sent to MECC, then within like a month they dropped him to a two, and sent him to Maryville..........I thought level one meant they were out..hmmm, I guess they'll just move him to a level two treatment, I know OCC and Maryville are...

Old 11-28-2008, 11:25 AM

My husband made level 1 when he was 60 days from the end of 180 treatment. He finished treatment and is now on the hill at St Joe.

Seems like just about any level can be in the 180 program and levels are droopped as stars are gained.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 PM

I am trying to find out if the rumor of treatment centers going from 180 to 120 days. My fiance was dropped to a level 1 several months ago, supposed to go to treatment at Maryville in Jan but still waiting. He heard from someone at Maryville that they are reducing the treatment times. Just wondered if it is fact or rumor.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Mo Guy View Post
I am trying to find out if the rumor of treatment centers going from 180 to 120 days. My fiance was dropped to a level 1 several months ago, supposed to go to treatment at Maryville in Jan but still waiting. He heard from someone at Maryville that they are reducing the treatment times. Just wondered if it is fact or rumor.
My boyfriend was told by parole that his out date would be sept. 27 2010 and that he had to do a treatment they have told us he will do a 6 month treatment but my ? is if they don't get him into to treatment in time will he be in longer?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansheart View Post
My boyfriend was told by parole that his out date would be sept. 27 2010 and that he had to do a treatment they have told us he will do a 6 month treatment but my ? is if they don't get him into to treatment in time will he be in longer?
my brother has a jan '10 outdate & was told if he wasn't sent by july then his 6 mo treatment would likely be dropped to an 81 day treatment. he was transferred in May, so we'll never know if that would have truly happened or not.