Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > Other New York Prisons & Jails
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Other New York Prisons & Jails This forums is for conversations, discussions and information for all New York Prisons and Jails that do not have a dedicated forum.

Old 09-06-2008, 07:52 PM
Is waiting for you..

Default Nassau County Correctional Facility.

My boyfriend just violated probation and he's at Nassau County Correctional Facility waiting for his hearing. I've heard horror stories about this place. I know there's a bunch of information about the place in this forum, but I just wanted to have all the information in one thread.. and to make sure nothing has changed since the other posts were written.

Can I visit him? If so, when?
What are the general procedures when you go to visit?
Who do I have to call to get his inmate information?
How and when can I call him?
How long can they keep him for a probation violation?

Absolutely any information, even stuff I haven't mentioned, would be greatly appreciated. I'm new here and I'm really just trying to figure things out. My boyfriend's family isn't that fond of me so I need to find out most things on my own. We're worried that he won't get off easy this time, so I'm trying to get prepared for the worst.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 06:00 AM
He's my world

Hi,
You've come o the right place, the memebers here are very helpful
If I remeber correctly at Nassau they can have 3 visits a week for a hour.
If ou go to this site you can ge his cc# https://www.vinelink.com/vinelink/initMap.

You can't call him he has to call you, the good thing is its county so he can call your cell, you just have to set up an acct with correctonal billing.
But they have decent amount of times for the phones the calls themselevs r only 15mins.
If you have any questions fee free to PM me.
Keep your head up it will b ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin's Boo View Post
My boyfriend just violated probation and he's at Nassau County Correctional Facility waiting for his hearing. I've heard horror stories about this place. I know there's a bunch of information about the place in this forum, but I just wanted to have all the information in one thread.. and to make sure nothing has changed since the other posts were written.

Can I visit him? If so, when?
What are the general procedures when you go to visit?
Who do I have to call to get his inmate information?
How and when can I call him?
How long can they keep him for a probation violation?

Absolutely any information, even stuff I haven't mentioned, would be greatly appreciated. I'm new here and I'm really just trying to figure things out. My boyfriend's family isn't that fond of me so I need to find out most things on my own. We're worried that he won't get off easy this time, so I'm trying to get prepared for the worst.

Old 09-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Is waiting for you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwise61006 View Post
Hi,
You've come o the right place, the memebers here are very helpful
If I remeber correctly at Nassau they can have 3 visits a week for a hour.
If ou go to this site you can ge his cc#

You can't call him he has to call you, the good thing is its county so he can call your cell, you just have to set up an acct with correctonal billing.
But they have decent amount of times for the phones the calls themselevs r only 15mins.
If you have any questions fee free to PM me.
Keep your head up it will b ok
Yes, I've noticed that everyone here is really helpful with everything and I do appreciate it, =]

Thanks for the website. He called me on my cell phone when he was being booked, but I haven't heard from him since. There have been a couple of times where my phone has rung once and then when I go to answer it's just the dial tone. Could that be him trying to reach me? Do I have to set up an account before he can get through? My phone accepts collect calls, too, though. The number for correctional billing is 800-844-06591, right?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
He's my world

Yes that's the number for correctional billing. For correctional billing Im not sure if you have to set up an account on your landline, but for your cell I know you do cause that acct is prepaid and you can add money as you go along. When he used to call my landline it just went through I never had to set anything up. If u need to get info on his case or when his court dates are or what happens after he goes to court you can call 516-572-3802, I used to call religously after his court dates to see what happend if didnt hear from him,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin's Boo View Post
Yes, I've noticed that everyone here is really helpful with everything and I do appreciate it, =]

Thanks for the website. He called me on my cell phone when he was being booked, but I haven't heard from him since. There have been a couple of times where my phone has rung once and then when I go to answer it's just the dial tone. Could that be him trying to reach me? Do I have to set up an account before he can get through? My phone accepts collect calls, too, though. The number for correctional billing is 800-844-06591, right?

Thanks for all your help!

Old 09-08-2008, 02:43 PM
Willie's girl

Hi Welcome to PTO. Unfortunately, I know alot about Nassau county because my husband was there for 5 months on a parole violation.

They have two sessions for visiting Tues - Sat. No visits on Sundays or Mondays. You can go up to 3 times a week. Each visit is an hour long.

Tuesday - Friday 1:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Tuesday - Friday 4:00 pm - 7:45 pm
Saturday (Family and Friends) 8:00 am - 10:45 am
Saturday (Family and Friends) 12:00 pm - 3:45 pm

Depending on which building he is, depends on the procedure. Do you know if he is in the Main building? Let me know, I know the procedure for both.

I don't know what kind of horror stories you have heard but my husband said that was one of the better ones he has been in and he had unfortunately been in other jails. He did say that the food was the worst at this jail than other jails.

You can PM me if you would like. If you have any more questions let me know.

Old 09-26-2008, 04:26 PM

Default Headed to Nassau County

Im headed to nassau county jail in just 1 week and kinda wanted to know what to expect. I also wanted to know how i can get into the DART program as I have a drug problem. If any one has information and can help me it would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-30-2008, 03:58 PM

My boyfriend was just taken into Nassau county Correctional Facility on a parole violation. He has to serve out a Six month sentence. I need some information on what kind of basic things I am allowed to take him. I know he will need sneakers (as they most likely took his dress shoes from court) and other basics. Any information is useful.

Thank you
Old 09-30-2008, 05:46 PM

Also the number given above for correctional billing doesn't work
Old 10-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Willie's girl

The number for the correctional billing is 1-800-844-6591

They only allow you to mail in clothes, you can't bring anything to the jail. They are only allowed white sneakers. Everything you send him has to be white. You can send him 6 underwear, 6 undershirts, 6 socks, 2 shorts, 2 sweatshirts (no hoods) everything must have no logo on it. No strings in shorts, no mesh sytle either.

I have a whole list from there so if you need to know anything else let me know.

I have visited my husband there many times so if you need any help on anything else let me know, either post it here or PM me.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:53 AM

Default going in

hi,

I am going in NCC for 6 months on a non violent felony charge. does anyone have any info on what to expect? anything would be appreciated.

thanks
Old 02-08-2009, 07:43 PM
On The Job 24/7
Donation Award 

The Nassau jail is not that bad, i have only been inside of it for work so i cant give you an inside feal for it beacsue i dont get locked into a cell. Just be resecpt the CO and all will go ok for you. Its not summer camp, but at least you dont have to go upstate.
Books must come from the vendor, any clothes that get sent into you must be white, the give you sneakers so you dont need that. just keep yourself out of bs and you will be ok.
PEOPLE
TOO
Old 09-11-2009, 01:09 AM

Does anybody know if inmates are allowed to receive food packages in Nassau County?
I'm beginning a 6 month sentence this month and am wondering what items I'll be able to receive. Heard the food at Nassau is terrible. I really appreciate any info
Old 09-11-2009, 05:48 PM
He's my world

Sorry no food allowed just t shirts, socks, sweat shirts, and clothes for court, magazines, sneakers , And all clothing must be white

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensono View Post
Does anybody know if inmates are allowed to receive food packages in Nassau County?
I'm beginning a 6 month sentence this month and am wondering what items I'll be able to receive. Heard the food at Nassau is terrible. I really appreciate any info

The Following User Says Thank You to clockwise61006 For This Useful Post:
stevensono (09-11-2009)
Old 11-23-2009, 07:41 PM

Default Commissary in Nassau County

I'm looking to get information on the commissary in Nassau County Correctional Facility. How do you get money on an inmate's account? What can they buy? How quickly does money get applied to their account. How often can they go to commissary?

I am totally new to all this so any information you can provide would be really helpful.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:23 AM

every friday you get a commisary sheet and u get your commisary usually tuesday or wed its different for every dorm/housing area. you can go to the jail and put the money on the persons account or im pretty sure u can mail it in, my parents always dropped it off to them in person when they came to visit me. the money is instant as soon as the jail has it the inmate gets a receipt from their housing area. you can buy a lot of decent stuff actually.... from food to cosmetics.. soap, shampoo, toothpaste,cookies, chips, iced tea... a whole bunch of stuff, its very helpful for the inmate and he/she will definitly appreciate the money. its almost essential as the food they give u is not only nasty but not enough, and the state cosmetics they give u are horrible.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yankees09 For This Useful Post:
silbisgirl (02-20-2011)
Old 03-22-2010, 08:20 PM
Loved Alwayz

Visiting at Nassau County Jail has changed since February of last year. M-W the visits are from 8-11 and 12-4. Thursday and Friday the visiting hours are from 12-3 and 4-8. And there are no longer 3 visits a week. They have cut it down to 2 visits per week. They say to get there an hour before closing but I would suggest getting there earlier than an hour before. For instance, if visiting is over at 8, they'll stop calling numbers at around 6:30. You have to make sure you are there in ample time to get a number that will be called. Some people get numbers and wont get in because they arent in the last group of numbers called.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:02 PM

this thread has been dead for awhile but my boyfriend was just locked up in nassau correctional and i was wondering if anyone knew how i would address a letter to him ?
Old 08-10-2011, 08:39 AM

my boyfriend got violated and im guessing is back in jail...he had a hearing yesterday and said if he didnt call back then he was locked up...i cant seem to find any info... the site i go to seems to have his old info from along time ago can anyone help me i know he is at Nassau County Correctional Facility..i have been reading some forums so im guessing id have to get a landline for him 2 call me which im getn hooked up sat because i only have a cell..pls help anyone i have been depressed and loosin my mind and its worst cuz im not in new york at the moment im all the way cross the world in seattle..so how can i find his cc num to write n how can i see how long he will be locked up? thank you anyone
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 AM

I'm rlly sorry :/ I live in Suffolk county and my boyfriends in Nassau too and I feel like even that's far away I can't imagine being in a different state!
Well you can call the court to find out the status of the case; you just say your his gf and let them know what you want to know about the court case. The phone number is 516-571-2200
Once you confirm he's being held, you can call the jail and they'll give you his cc#
The number is 516-572-4200 and you just hafta press 0 and it'll connect you to a co
If you want, I can also email you the packet they give ppl on what stuff to mail the inmates and stuff
Old 08-17-2011, 02:50 AM

Default Going to Visit Nassau County Corrections Today..

can someone please let me know what's permitted inside the jail, and what's not? What I can wear, and what I'm allowed to do? Ex. Cellphones, color of clothing permitted, is touching allowed?

An ample response would be greatly appreciated

-Deja
Old 08-17-2011, 07:53 AM

No bras or underwear that have metal (underwire, etc)
No jewelry
No extensions with metal clips or any metal in them
You're not allowed to bring anything into the visiting area
You can kiss and hug at the beginning of the visit Nd at the end but no hand holding or contact during
You can only wear one shirt, no layers or anything, neutral colors only (black, white, grey)

Last edited by mrsjpalermo; 08-17-2011 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-18-2011, 07:57 PM

Last edited by kjd421; 08-18-2011 at 08:06 PM..
Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM

Can someone tell me are you allowed to get married at Nassau County Jail . . and if so do you get Conjugal visits?
Old 08-23-2011, 06:27 AM

I don't think you are; I think they only dothat stuff upstate
Old 08-23-2011, 06:31 AM
Survivor and Thriver!

Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,150 Times in 2,969 Posts

County Jails do not have conjugal visits. Certain NYS prisons do if you are married and have a number of other requirements met.

When I was lost--I found PTO. Thank you everyone.

"Pay it forward."