Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > Drug & Alcohol Treatment & Rehabilitation > Prisoner Addiction Resources
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Prisoner Addiction Resources Prison and prison release specific topics and resources regarding addiction.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:27 AM

Default What is the SAP drug program about??

my fiance is at Limestone and to deal with his drug problem (crack) they placed him in SAP, and i really have no idea what it's about or how effective is it. Do anyone else know about this program?
Old 09-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Donation Award 

My boyfriend did that program when he was in reception in Delano, Ca
Subtance Abuse Program (sap) would come around for one week out of the month and the guys would get into groups and talk about there problems.. Like AA meetings or NA meetings. My boyfriend said he hated it and it was boring He got arresnt for DUI so thats why they put him in that program. Thats all I know about it..

Old 09-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Just here

My ex husband is in Limestone CF in Harvest Alabama too!

SAP stands for Substance Abuse Program.....it is usually in all facilities and a must have before getting out when the crime committed is due to drug use or distribution.

From what I remember when my ex was in the SAP program......you learn about addiction and how it affects a person and those around you. You watch films of the affects of drug/alcohol abuse. You discuss your own situations in a group like atmosphere - it is a program designated to let the "sober" drug addict see what drugs do to you and those around you.

In most facilities the person that are in SAP are all together. The classes begin at the same time and usually are either 6 weeks, 12 weeks, 90 days or 6 months. The more extensive SAP program is called Crime Bill and last 6 months.

Hope this helps!
Old 09-21-2008, 11:41 PM

It's a effective as he or she makes it. Although most programs really are off..From the Introduction to the conclusion.
Looks like he's getting out in a bit..Prepare yourself..Jobs, things to do, people/places to stay away from...show him a better side. If you know how it is and are 150% staying away from thats even better. Have some goals, put that shit up on the wall..check them off- even if it isn't a 'big deal'. Have a schedule. The smallest things make a difference.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,625 Times in 1,768 Posts
Default SAFP in Texas

Texas has the SAFP (Substance Abuse Felony Prison) program. My daughter is in there. The program can be between 6 month and 9 months and then the participants must spend 3 months in a half way house and about another year in outpatient programs. It is very intense and a hard program to make it through. But, I would much rather my daughter go through this behavior modification process than to spend 3-4 years in a prison cell getting no help for her addiction. Prisons are just a warehouse facility, there is no rehabilitation.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:42 PM

Default Sap

My guy is in the SAP program at Tehachapi.... he seems to like it... They have an after care program that helps them once they are released.... still undecided on weather it all works or not.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:54 AM
Worried in Georgia
Donation Award 

My brother is in a detention center in Louisiana and I just found out from his attorney that he will have to go into some kind of in house rehab. He is a meth user and broke probation by failing a drug test and having drugs in his passion. Does anyone know of an in house rehab in northern Louisiana? I don't have the money to pay so how do that work with that? Does the state pay or does he pay once he is out and back at work? I need any info that anyone has. Thanks in advance for any advise!!