Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSISSIPPI > Mississippi Prisons & Jails > South Mississippi Correctional Institution
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Mississippi Correctional Institution Topics & discussion specific to South Mississippi Correctional Institution in Leakesville, Mississippi.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:54 PM

Default know NE one in SMCI area 3

My bfriend and of 5 years and I moved to virginia after hurricane and he tested pos for crack in VERY LAST MONTH of probation. He got 5 years after we drove 1100 miles EACH WAY for him to visit P.O. in Mississippi from virginia. I am here with only my 2 boys now and all alone! No family or friends. i guess I centered my life around him and I am not a partier and do not want any other man. My supervisor was closest I have had to a friend and after 8 months I broke down and told her he is in. @ first she was nice--now acts strange. Guess i lost my husband (we call each other husband and wife)and now my only friend that I had made. I go down there every two months & would go every visit if I could but the plane is $300 and then have to pay hotel and car&food. I really do not know how to live out here without him. It is so aweful that I cry all the time. He is in A&D and I can't help but wonder if he is finding a way to use drugs. He is acting odd. Slacking a little on calling and asking more for money than usual and its not that I believe that drugs are the worst thing he could b doing.. it's just that we have always been so close and I want him to level with me. Are there a lot of drugs on the inside in area 3 A&D? The consequences were that he never paid any rent, was angry all the time, and disappeared sometimes plus looked like a skeleton. he spent every dime on the stuff. Not sure he would tell me if he were still using. I would still b there for him just the same loving him like crazy. i just don't want to be thinking he isn't using if he is. Want honesty. I joke with him that I have spies. Dieing of heartache so far away.

Last edited by kimjj; 08-25-2008 at 07:03 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

I am sorry you are having such a tough time. It will get easier with time.

We've all been where you are now.

Hang in there and concetrate on your children and you right now.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:46 PM

Default still looing for wives of men in area 3 for support system

I met one lady who was so sweet there b4 my husband went into A&D. Now that our husbands are in separate areas I do not hear from her. i need a friend that I can contact if the phones are messed up like they were recently or if they are on lock down bc I travel so far to come c my sweetheart and do not want to get there to find that for whatever reason, I cannot see him I have no one here and guess I need someone to talk to. That should be obvious as mucha as I reply and stay on this web site.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:45 AM
Still Totally in Love
Donation Award 

As far as travel for visit, you can call the main number at SMCI to get up to date info.

For general chit chat, and getting to know people we have the Hospitality Lounge.

I know how tough it is to be so far. Hang in there. As for phone issue, if he has someone he trusts implicitly, he can arrange to have that person call a loved one to contact you if it is an issue where he cannot call. Otherwise then you can assume the phones are out, which happens a LOT!

Old 08-30-2008, 04:12 PM

Default Phone is a pain

Thank you so much. I put 20.00 on the phone and got one phone call and now want to talk again but because he calls back to back so much it ties up the phone and makes the recording say we have insufficient funds for the call but we have enough for the call. They said bc he is calling so much it puts a hold on the phone. I would love to tell him that but it is a catch 22. I can't tell him not to call bc of the problem and the problem persists bc he continues to call back to back thinking eventually it will work. I could scream right now!!! I talked to a customer service person times 6 and they explained it to me but I need to explain it to him and can't.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:23 AM

Default Is anyone out there?

O.K. I was just kidding with a Reg user that I think everyone is getting together on PTO to kick me out for writing novels. Sorry everyone. I won't do that forever but needed to get out some stuff that had been bottled up. I am still looking for people from South Mississippi Correctional. I posted in the SMCI area....asking for NE one from SMCI...guess that was a bit air-headish huh?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:38 PM

My son is at SMCI area 3 he calls once a week the calls are 7.25 each i live in Flowood.Ms
Old 01-06-2009, 09:21 AM

Hello kimjj I have a son at SMCI he is located SMCI 1 unit 12 a zone. Iam so sorry that you are having such a difficult time. Is there any way you could come back to Ms. to live? I can't say there are drugs where your loved one is but there are drugs in prison. One thing I have learned is to not send extra money every time my son ask. That way he cannot depend on me for his drugs gambling or whatever. PM me if you need to and I will answer usually within 24 hours.
Skyebaby
The Following User Says Thank You to skyebaby For This Useful Post:
kimjj (01-06-2009)
Old 01-06-2009, 05:07 PM

Default He is in area 2 now.

He has been moved since november to area 2 and now maybe moved again soon. I saw him this weekend and when I left I cried sooo hard and miss him so bad right now. I feel sick inside. Feels like a dark cloud.