Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARKANSAS > Arkansas Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Arkansas Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Arkansas prisons.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:35 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Default Omega Technical Violator Center

I wasn't real sure where to post this, so I posted it here. I've learned a little about the Omega TVC in Malvern through my research and a brief conversation with my fiancee, as well as calling the visitation clerk. The Omega Center is a correctional school of sorts, and the inmates are called residents. They are housed in barracks and there are no clocks in the barracks. They wear the standard uniform instead of street clothes, but he said that they cut all his hair off. After seeing his picture on Vinelink, I believe it. His hair was always short before, but now he sports the same haircut as my son.
There is no visitation until the last two weeks of the resident's stay, and they have only certain hours they are allowed to call. They go to classes, but I don't know what kind of classes they go to or how long they last. He said he's doing just fine and the 62 days will fly by. We're already down 4 days and there are 58 left. He got my letter I wrote his first day there, which they told him was a first.
That's all I have as far as information. Just trying to help...

♫You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine...♫
♪You make me happy when skies are gray...♪

Last edited by tottles; 08-21-2008 at 06:39 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 08:28 AM

Are all inmates in Malvern in Omega TVC? My boyfriend got transfered to Malvern and I'm not sure why.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy98ta View Post
Are all inmates in Malvern in Omega TVC? My boyfriend got transfered to Malvern and I'm not sure why.
I don't think so. I think there's another facility there besides the TVC center. One is at 100 walco lane and the other is at 104 walco lane. The TVC as at 104. Not sure what the other is called. THink it's called Ouachita River Unit?

Old 09-10-2008, 10:24 AM

Yes, he is at Ouacita River Unit. But I'm not sure why. He has been in the hole and I haven't been able to talk to him. I'm about to go insane!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 10:33 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Yes, he is at Ouacita River Unit. But I'm not sure why. He has been in the hole and I haven't been able to talk to him. I'm about to go insane!!!
I can relate. TRUST me. I'm still on the verge of it, even though we talk every other day and send letters. Our relationship was VERY new when he left. We'd only been together for 5 months but had been talking for over a year. I live in Oklahoma, he lives in Arkansas. It's long distance for me to call the facility he's in, and I've had the neverending fear that if I DO call the facility, they'll get upset and take it out on him. I've had questions consuming my mind, and no one to ask them to for fear that he'll be away from me for much longer. I have no one to talk to outside of PTO, so I live on this website. When I'm not bunked in a forum, I'm searching the internet for information on the TVC, and you know what? I've been able to relax my mind by doing both, though the questions remain. A weight was lifted when I found that the TVC is more of a school than a prison and my fiance is not considered an inmate, he's called a "resident". He goes to classes all day, but he's not locked in a cell at night. He's in barracks. Each one is individually numbered and when I write him, I have to put his barrack number on the envelope. I also found out that you can call the facility and get the last 4 numbers for the zip code (i.e. 72104-7162). If you put those last 4 numbers on your letters, it gets there MUCH faster. It used to take about 4 days for letters to reach him when he was at home in Haskell. Now they take 2 1/2.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottles View Post
I can relate. TRUST me. I'm still on the verge of it, even though we talk every other day and send letters. Our relationship was VERY new when he left. We'd only been together for 5 months but had been talking for over a year. I live in Oklahoma, he lives in Arkansas. It's long distance for me to call the facility he's in, and I've had the neverending fear that if I DO call the facility, they'll get upset and take it out on him. I've had questions consuming my mind, and no one to ask them to for fear that he'll be away from me for much longer. I have no one to talk to outside of PTO, so I live on this website. When I'm not bunked in a forum, I'm searching the internet for information on the TVC, and you know what? I've been able to relax my mind by doing both, though the questions remain. A weight was lifted when I found that the TVC is more of a school than a prison and my fiance is not considered an inmate, he's called a "resident". He goes to classes all day, but he's not locked in a cell at night. He's in barracks. Each one is individually numbered and when I write him, I have to put his barrack number on the envelope. I also found out that you can call the facility and get the last 4 numbers for the zip code (i.e. 72104-7162). If you put those last 4 numbers on your letters, it gets there MUCH faster. It used to take about 4 days for letters to reach him when he was at home in Haskell. Now they take 2 1/2.

I know where Haskell is! I used to live in Broken Arrow. My ex has a friend that used to live in Haskell. I'm not sure if he still does. But anyway, if you have any questions maybe I can help you. My boyfriend has been locked up for almost a year now. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about the system! If you want PM me and I will try to answer your questions.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:04 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
I know where Haskell is! I used to live in Broken Arrow. My ex has a friend that used to live in Haskell. I'm not sure if he still does. But anyway, if you have any questions maybe I can help you. My boyfriend has been locked up for almost a year now. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about the system! If you want PM me and I will try to answer your questions.
Haskell Arkansas? You know where that is? My fiance says it's itty bitty. I am becoming familiar with Benton though. I know where Broken Arrow is. Used to repo cars for my brother and had to travel there once. I'll PM you if I can keep my boss from peeking in here. <I'm at work>

Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM
Donation Award 

Sorry for popping in, but I saw the title and for the life of me, cannot figure out what TVC would stand for?

Transitional Vocational Center?
Trustee Vacation Camp?

LOL

Thank you.

JJT
Old 09-11-2008, 10:40 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
Sorry for popping in, but I saw the title and for the life of me, cannot figure out what TVC would stand for?

Transitional Vocational Center?
Trustee Vacation Camp?

LOL

Thank you.

JJT
Technical Violator Center. You were almost right with the first guess. He violated a condition of his parole and has to do 62 days in there. Release date from confinement is October 20th. It's more of a school than a prison but he still has to wear the "uniform" which is a canary yellow two piece outfit. When he told me the color, I wanted so much to say "Well, you ARE my Sunshine, so yellow is okay." But I didn't think he'd appreciate the irony.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Donation Award 

I kinda like that idea for PV's. So much better than sending them back to jail or all the way back to prison.

Thank you!!

JJT
Old 09-11-2008, 10:50 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT View Post
I kinda like that idea for PV's. So much better than sending them back to jail or all the way back to prison.

Thank you!!

JJT
I'm thankful he went to that instead of having to give up his parole and go back to prison for the 4 years he has left on paper.

You're welcome for the information too..

Old 10-09-2008, 08:26 PM

hi i have a son that is in omega technical. i have not talked to him since he left the county due to i dont have long distance on my phone. i wish that i could. i am not for sure when he gets out.. just want him to know that i love him and that i have not forgotten him. just keep his head up
Old 10-09-2008, 11:30 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by velder View Post
hi i have a son that is in omega technical. i have not talked to him since he left the county due to i dont have long distance on my phone. i wish that i could. i am not for sure when he gets out.. just want him to know that i love him and that i have not forgotten him. just keep his head up
What is his name? I can try to get the information to my fiance when I see him. I will be seeing him Saturday. PM me if you like with his name

The Following User Says Thank You to tottles For This Useful Post:
velder (10-11-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 03:54 PM

Thank you so much. His name is Harthoner Goforth they call him heavy. just want him to know i luv and miss him. that i am prayin 4 him and 4 him to keep his head up
Old 10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Thank you so much. His name is Harthoner Goforth they call him heavy. just want him to know i luv and miss him. that i am prayin 4 him and 4 him to keep his head up
I'll pass the information over when I talk to him on the phone..

The Following User Says Thank You to tottles For This Useful Post:
velder (10-11-2008)
Old 10-11-2008, 10:28 PM

thank you so much. i appreciate all u do
Old 10-11-2008, 10:35 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
I didn't do anything, really. I know how hard it is to communicate with my fiance, so I can imagine what you're going through. I mentioned something about it to him today, but didn't know the name, so I told him I would try to find out and tell him when I find out. Now I know..

Old 10-12-2008, 11:39 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
I passed on your information this morning when I spoke to him. he said the name wasn't familiar, but he would see if he can find out what barracks he's in and let him know. Have you filled out the visitation form yet? If not, read what I posted in the visitation part of the forum before you do.

Old 10-12-2008, 10:42 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
First and second admissions are 60 days. Third admissions are 90 days. depending on how many times he's been in omega, count from the day he went in. If this is his first or second time there, he'll be home the 62nd day from the date he went in. 90 from the third.

Omega is more of a rehab/correctional school than it is a prison. The way my fiance explained it is this:

There is 62 days that you have to do. The program is 60 days, but the first 2 days are done in intake, which don't count. When the 2 days of intake are over, the time ticks down on the 60 days. If your fnish date falls on a Saturday, you're SUPPOSED to be released Friday. If it falls on Sunday, you get out Monday, but it depends on the PO who is overseeing the release.

My fiance's finish date is October 18th, but he will know on Wednesday whether his PO will let him out on Friday or if he has to stay there through one more weekend and get out on Monday.

Hope this helps.

Old 10-15-2008, 07:02 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
I told my fiance your son's nickname. He knows who he is. He said he would pass along your message, but if you would like to get a message to him, call the facility. I can give you the telephone number if you like. When you call, ask to speak to the chaplain. The chaplain will pass your message to your son.

Old 10-23-2008, 08:10 AM

Default just got out of omega

Quote:
it anit so bad mr simmons is the best guy to work for on mantenance
Old 10-23-2008, 08:44 AM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyjay View Post
it anit so bad mr simmons is the best guy to work for on mantenance
My fiance was released on Monday. He said it's a fairly laid back facility, but the first and only visit we had together was started out on a VERY bad note, resulting in the suspension of supervisor "Adams"

Old 10-23-2008, 10:48 PM
dbwifey

hi, my husband just went to Omega tvc. He has 53 more days left. How long is visitation and how does it work?
Old 10-26-2008, 08:34 PM
He Had Me From "Hello"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash_82 View Post
hi, my husband just went to Omega tvc. He has 53 more days left. How long is visitation and how does it work?
Visits are only allowed during the last 2 weeks of the offender's stay. They start at noon and end at 4. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR VISIT FORMS FILLED OUT and you check with the visitation clerk to assure your visit date. Saturday and Sunday only are visit days.

Old 03-26-2009, 08:47 AM

My Boyfriend is going to Omega in about a week or so. He was in Varner for a year and a half, and yes, I waited, and then was home for a year, but was late on restitution and slacking on NA meetings, so his PO is making him go to TVP. From what I've read, it sounds like a good program. It sucks that he's leaving, but I think he can learn from this. I hope so. So we can only visit the last two weeks? I'm not liking that. However, 4 hours is better than 20 minutes through a tv screen.