Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison Profiles
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Minnesota Prison Profiles This forum is for profiles and general information on all Minnesota prisons.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 12-16-2008, 09:17 AM
MrsRusness's Avatar
MrsRusness MrsRusness is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Detroit Lakes, MN
Posts: 61
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Though i do not know much about this guys i think its unfair to assume that just because he has been in trouble with the law that he is dangerous. My fiance robbed a gas station and he is far from dangerous. People only know what he was convicted of, not the circumstances of what actually happened. I do think its a little crazy thought that women from all over the world who just saw this documentry (i have never seen it either) are like all of a sudden reaching out to him. There are thousands of inmates in the system with no friends or support system on the outside. Why not track them down and reach out to them?
__________________


♥Tonight Iíll be dreaming home alone in my bed do my best thinking when Iím all by myself Wonder where you are now and if youíre feeling the same and if you got the letter that I sent yesterday♥



Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsRusness For This Useful Post:
#1AndOnly (12-16-2008), rominakins (12-20-2008)
Sponsored Links
  #52  
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Absolutely true, yes, i am not judging anyone, although it may seem like it, i am only curious about this "phenomenon" that's been going on, women getting crazy over inmates. I wouldn't have posted anything, but i just saw the documentary.
I guess if a person has his/her heart in the right place, the mind eventually follows and as you said, there are good people that do learn from their mistakes.
To maybe put things a little bit in perspective : it's also important where you live, USA has very strict laws, while here in my country let's say, the sentences are pretty low, but the crime rate isn't as big either, due to the fact that there aren't many of us here. It's also important what kind of a background this person has, his upbringing, life conditions... you can change your life anytime you want to, in my opinion, but there are always people that'll judge, and heavily.
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 12-16-2008, 09:27 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRusness View Post
Though i do not know much about this guys i think its unfair to assume that just because he has been in trouble with the law that he is dangerous. My fiance robbed a gas station and he is far from dangerous. People only know what he was convicted of, not the circumstances of what actually happened. I do think its a little crazy thought that women from all over the world who just saw this documentry (i have never seen it either) are like all of a sudden reaching out to him. There are thousands of inmates in the system with no friends or support system on the outside. Why not track them down and reach out to them?

Yes i absolutely agree with you. Although this statement is a bit contradictory "ts unfair to assume that just because he has been in trouble with the law that he is dangerous" hehe, but as i already said, the circumstances that led up to the point of this person committing a crime are very important - up to a point. I think that a person should be 100% responsible for all he/she does, so you can't keep on blaming the circumstances forever. It's a decision you make, everytime you're facing difficult times. I can either rob this store or put this house on fire or whatever or i can choose the other way. It's these decisions that put these men to prison. You can either rob the gas station or - you don't. But it's your decision what you'll do and you should be held responsible for it.
As far as women focusing on this guy, my theory, due to observation is : he's tall, bald and has tatooes and let's not forget those puppy-like eyes, that's what women usually fall for or romanticize about.
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
#1AndOnly #1AndOnly is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,239
Thanks: 11,983
Thanked 10,292 Times in 5,513 Posts
Default

LOL, yes it's true that alot of women seem to fantasize about saving Micah, I wish I could see this documetary, after talking to him I definately am not left with that feeling !

Quote:
Originally Posted by istriana View Post
Yes i absolutely agree with you. Although this statement is a bit contradictory "ts unfair to assume that just because he has been in trouble with the law that he is dangerous" hehe, but as i already said, the circumstances that led up to the point of this person committing a crime are very important - up to a point. I think that a person should be 100% responsible for all he/she does, so you can't keep on blaming the circumstances forever. It's a decision you make, everytime you're facing difficult times. I can either rob this store or put this house on fire or whatever or i can choose the other way. It's these decisions that put these men to prison. You can either rob the gas station or - you don't. But it's your decision what you'll do and you should be held responsible for it.
As far as women focusing on this guy, my theory, due to observation is : he's tall, bald and has tatooes and let's not forget those puppy-like eyes, that's what women usually fall for or romanticize about.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 12-16-2008, 10:23 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hehe Yeah, i bet. I think that if someone is a "real man" he takes care of things himself, is control of his own life and doesn't really care much about someone "saving" him. Same goes for women i think... an emotionally well-balanced woman shouldn't want to "save" someone or "help him out" (it's different if this is a husband), but live her life, be happy and content with herself, have a job she likes, friends, etc... and i think this is what "attracts" the most. Don't you?
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
#1AndOnly #1AndOnly is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,239
Thanks: 11,983
Thanked 10,292 Times in 5,513 Posts
Default

I think it is attractive to both sexes to have a self sufficient, independent partner; but I also know it's nice to have someone to fall back on when you're down (i.e. your husband) ... but that is also a partner trait, because I would want to be there when he needed to fall too ! LOL
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 12-16-2008, 12:01 PM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yes, absolutely. It's always nice to have that when you're down. People nowadays in most cases care about themselves more than they do about others, so in the end, you're alone anyhow you put it.
Just so we won't go off topic as far as prison stuff goes : My sis just told me that this guy she was talking to was in the US for some time and his gf got raped and he beat up that guy that raped her and broke stuff in his house (furniture, etc) and then HE went to prison. For quite some time. Amazing, at least for me. (I'm not saying Europe is perfect, far from it.)
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
jennyk jennyk is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI, USA
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default My opinion...

I don't think dating inmates or whatever is a new phenomenon. My boyfriend is in prison and I get some pretty bad responses from people about it so I just keep it to myself. There are very few I have come across that is accepting of our relationship including my friends. I didn't feel like I needed to save him and he didn't feel like he needed to be saved. He has been in there 14 years. He just kept my interest more than anyone else I have ever talked to. I didn't go looking for an inmate boyfriend, and i don't think most women do. You don't always get to choose who you love. At ths point I can't imagine my life without him

As far as this documentary goes, i have seen it a few times (because my boyfriend is also in a MN prison) and my guess is these people think Micah is hot or they feel bad for him. And thank god no one is obsessed with the other guy that was on there who dismembered someone and got a female guard in on it. And whoever said before there are thousands of inmates who need to be reached out to, you are right.

By the way, you can buy the documentary on National Geographics website if you are just dying to see it.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jennyk For This Useful Post:
#1AndOnly (12-19-2008)
  #59  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:50 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Everyone has their own opinion and i have stated mine. It all depends where you're coming from and what is your outlook on life. My posts or opinions are honest and real and i say what i feel, i don't feel i should agree with the majority and certainly i won't write stuff so that someone will put that "thank you" below my post. :-)
Anyhow you put it, for where i come from, dating inmates is a phenomenon and i for one don't know a single woman who is doing that. That's why i mentioned it. We're looking at stuff going on in the Usa (about this topic in this case) and we're just like - what? So i guess it's a culture thing.
I'm not judging anyone, but i am interested in people in all walks of life, that's why i joined this forum, this topic in particular, mostly because of all the documentaries i saw about jails in the US, this guy just kind of stood out, in terms of me thinking - he doesn't feel like a bad guy, what's he doing there...? That's it.

Istriana
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 12-19-2008, 11:03 AM
#1AndOnly #1AndOnly is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,239
Thanks: 11,983
Thanked 10,292 Times in 5,513 Posts
Default

I think that everyone has been respectful of you, and no one is really trashing your idea. What we're saying, as women in the US who have been or are with someone who happens to be incarcerated is our experiences. My brother was incarcerated, do you think I got warm fuzzy reations when/if I shared that with anyone. Overall I don't think it's an accepted thing and I think that's what we've shared. I respect your opinion, as someone who hasn't seen the documentaries you are talking about .. I don't have any personal input to share specific to your conversation, so I'll leave the topic to those that do ...
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Old 12-19-2008, 11:11 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It's fine, i didn't feel like someone was being disrespectful towards me, even if they were, that's their problem. :-)
As i said, it is a culture thing i guess. I don't have experiences with any of the people i know being in jail, so i can't say, but i can say that i would take a step back if i knew that let's say my partner's brother was in jail at some point, that i will admit. I guess it's just prejudice and fear. And yes, it is a stigma for those who were in jail and then get out, it's a stigma for them and for their family members.
And i'll use that mail that was posted on the 3rd page. :-) I want some input first hand. :-)

Istriana
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:49 PM
micah boyle micah boyle is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: minnesota, usa
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by istriana View Post
Yes i absolutely agree with you. Although this statement is a bit contradictory "ts unfair to assume that just because he has been in trouble with the law that he is dangerous" hehe, but as i already said, the circumstances that led up to the point of this person committing a crime are very important - up to a point. I think that a person should be 100% responsible for all he/she does, so you can't keep on blaming the circumstances forever. It's a decision you make, everytime you're facing difficult times. I can either rob this store or put this house on fire or whatever or i can choose the other way. It's these decisions that put these men to prison. You can either rob the gas station or - you don't. But it's your decision what you'll do and you should be held responsible for it.
As far as women focusing on this guy, my theory, due to observation is : he's tall, bald and has tatooes and let's not forget those puppy-like eyes, that's what women usually fall for or romanticize about.
check it out.... all fair and well right ? there are thousands of other prisoners in the us that could use some love and attention, but regardlessof family ties i would be confident in throwing out a very broad guess that at LEAST 85% of guys in prison are idiots. youre right . there should be an acceptance of responsibility on the part of people in that situation. but theres NOT. almost none. i lived that life for over 5 years n i heard so many stories that would give you nightmares that its ridiculous. the majority of prisoners, although they would much rather be out in the world doing whatever, they ENJOY that lifestyle. belive it. if a person thinks its funny that they beat someone so badly that they shit themselves......... thats not right. if they feel the need to victimize society to feed a drug habit........
first you have to look at it from a realistic perspective.... anyone can justify anything for any reason. there isnt really anything such as right and wrong, those are varying shades of gray. my favorite analogy is female circumcision........ some places thats common practice, most likely to you n i that sounds like mutilation. different strokes for different folks. i KNOW that most of those guys belong in places like that. they have no desire for change n they dont want to understand that its their decisions that will form the rest of their lives. majority of these guys are getting out to reoffend. period. and to me thats utter stupidity.
why did i go in? because i was 22 yrs old, n had no problem victimizing others because i could . i can justify it up n down if i really want to. but i dont. i forever took away someones right to feel safe in their own home. to me thats not very cool. i totally accept responibility for my decisions, the pain that i put on my family.........
thats all in the past. my future is staring me in the face, i understand this now. i never did before. n belive me, although i can never regain the years that i wasted, ill never forget them either. if someone wants to blame someone else for their actions....... they can rot for all i care. ive heard some very fucked up sob stories. but these people cant get over the fact that they ARE NOT the center of the universe. myself? i realize that but thats not going to stop me from making my life everything that it can potentially be, n possibly actually becoming the center of the universe.
im not ashamed or proud of what i did, but im not going to hide from it either. its part of who i am. you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. n i love me alot. the shit cant beat me. not sayi9ng that some of these guys wont change their lives......... but please explain 34 year olds that go to prison to join a gang? please explain any one who goes n joins a gang in prison? when these guys can no longer victimize the free world, they victimize THEMSELVES. wheres the common sense n decency in that? I am biased on sex offenders, i used to victimize the snot out of them. but i quit. i would rather them feel relatively safe in an environment like a prison where they can be locked away for numerous years than to be so scared of that place that they hide their crimes so well that they dont get caught. i fought so much because when you deal with idiots that want to be big n tough thats the only way they understand. im not a violent guy but i am good at it. i had to learn just to deal with those people in there.
but all of this aside, women wrote me because they thought that i was hot or that i sounded halfways intelligent or what ever, blah blah blah its been interesting to say the least. its given me such a huge insight into the minds of women from all walks of life that my personal relationships have benifited from it emmensily. im on a roll to making big shit happen in my life with hopefully my career, school, n my job. im looking out for the ones that i love n the ones that look out for me. i have no desire or plans to go back to prison. i hate those places n the people in them. BUT i also know that its a matter of decisions. n if i choose fuck around obviously im willing to go back to prison. ive got too much to live for but people make poor choices. n ill eat what ever pie i make for myself. but any way it gets cut........
I WILL NOT LOSE.
BIG thanks to shari for keeping all the way real. thank you, you get a xmas bonus

Last edited by micah boyle; 12-19-2008 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to micah boyle For This Useful Post:
#1AndOnly (12-20-2008)
  #63  
Old 12-19-2008, 11:58 PM
tweedybird tweedybird is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,521
Thanks: 623
Thanked 676 Times in 410 Posts
Default

I can't show too much love, I'm married, but good luck to you. I won't request photos of tats either!! lol You're going to need a lot of persistance I think to get a job! Please let us know how that goes. don't get discouraged. There are a lot of books now that give advice to former inmates on job searches.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-20-2008, 04:37 AM
rominakins's Avatar
rominakins rominakins is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MN USA
Posts: 821
Thanks: 105
Thanked 263 Times in 159 Posts
Default


Hey Micah! Welcome home! You're famous in Minne"snow"ta! Good luck to ya! Stay in touch ok? Merry Christmas!
__________________


"The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated." ~Washington Irving
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-20-2008, 05:37 AM
#1AndOnly #1AndOnly is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,239
Thanks: 11,983
Thanked 10,292 Times in 5,513 Posts
Default

Can't nobody say it like Micah says it ! LOL

Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Sojourn80 Sojourn80 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default ugh

"the majority of prisoners, although they would much rather be out in the world doing whatever, they ENJOY that lifestyle. belive it."

Why leave when you feel you've got no place else to go? when you accept that you've found... your place, the upside of having someone who's got your back.... that's just the first of all...

i don't understand it, but i'm trying to, but... I'm at a fork in the road, i'm waiting (and i've been waiting!). How long is too long? and for what- the next intention fuck up???

~LoL- just rambling, venting
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-20-2008, 10:31 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micah boyle View Post
check it out.... all fair and well right ? there are thousands of other prisoners in the us that could use some love and attention, but regardlessof family ties i would be confident in throwing out a very broad guess that at LEAST 85% of guys in prison are idiots. youre right . there should be an acceptance of responsibility on the part of people in that situation. but theres NOT. almost none. i lived that life for over 5 years n i heard so many stories that would give you nightmares that its ridiculous. the majority of prisoners, although they would much rather be out in the world doing whatever, they ENJOY that lifestyle. belive it. if a person thinks its funny that they beat someone so badly that they shit themselves......... thats not right. if they feel the need to victimize society to feed a drug habit........
first you have to look at it from a realistic perspective.... anyone can justify anything for any reason. there isnt really anything such as right and wrong, those are varying shades of gray. my favorite analogy is female circumcision........ some places thats common practice, most likely to you n i that sounds like mutilation. different strokes for different folks. i KNOW that most of those guys belong in places like that. they have no desire for change n they dont want to understand that its their decisions that will form the rest of their lives. majority of these guys are getting out to reoffend. period. and to me thats utter stupidity.
why did i go in? because i was 22 yrs old, n had no problem victimizing others because i could . i can justify it up n down if i really want to. but i dont. i forever took away someones right to feel safe in their own home. to me thats not very cool. i totally accept responibility for my decisions, the pain that i put on my family.........
thats all in the past. my future is staring me in the face, i understand this now. i never did before. n belive me, although i can never regain the years that i wasted, ill never forget them either. if someone wants to blame someone else for their actions....... they can rot for all i care. ive heard some very fucked up sob stories. but these people cant get over the fact that they ARE NOT the center of the universe. myself? i realize that but thats not going to stop me from making my life everything that it can potentially be, n possibly actually becoming the center of the universe.
im not ashamed or proud of what i did, but im not going to hide from it either. its part of who i am. you have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. n i love me alot. the shit cant beat me. not sayi9ng that some of these guys wont change their lives......... but please explain 34 year olds that go to prison to join a gang? please explain any one who goes n joins a gang in prison? when these guys can no longer victimize the free world, they victimize THEMSELVES. wheres the common sense n decency in that? I am biased on sex offenders, i used to victimize the snot out of them. but i quit. i would rather them feel relatively safe in an environment like a prison where they can be locked away for numerous years than to be so scared of that place that they hide their crimes so well that they dont get caught. i fought so much because when you deal with idiots that want to be big n tough thats the only way they understand. im not a violent guy but i am good at it. i had to learn just to deal with those people in there.
but all of this aside, women wrote me because they thought that i was hot or that i sounded halfways intelligent or what ever, blah blah blah its been interesting to say the least. its given me such a huge insight into the minds of women from all walks of life that my personal relationships have benifited from it emmensily. im on a roll to making big shit happen in my life with hopefully my career, school, n my job. im looking out for the ones that i love n the ones that look out for me. i have no desire or plans to go back to prison. i hate those places n the people in them. BUT i also know that its a matter of decisions. n if i choose fuck around obviously im willing to go back to prison. ive got too much to live for but people make poor choices. n ill eat what ever pie i make for myself. but any way it gets cut........
I WILL NOT LOSE.
BIG thanks to shari for keeping all the way real. thank you, you get a xmas bonus
I am going to reply to this one privately, there is much to be said, a few points of view that caught my eye. Good!

Istriana
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-20-2008, 03:28 PM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn80 View Post
"the majority of prisoners, although they would much rather be out in the world doing whatever, they ENJOY that lifestyle. belive it."

Why leave when you feel you've got no place else to go? when you accept that you've found... your place, the upside of having someone who's got your back.... that's just the first of all...

i don't understand it, but i'm trying to, but... I'm at a fork in the road, i'm waiting (and i've been waiting!). How long is too long? and for what- the next intention fuck up???

~LoL- just rambling, venting

In this particular case i'd just like to say one more thing, that is adressing the issue of certain prisoners enjoying the lifestyle that they have. I can say only for my country, which was a socialist and now democratic country, meaning we don't have like extreme poverty or extreme wealth here, everyone is pretty much middle class, health insurance is taken care of by the state, education is for free, jobs are here, but some less paid then others, like everywhere... but still there are people that will comit crime naturally and for the way things are here, i would say they are better off in prison, because they have pretty much everything... it looks like home inside, they have access to the gym, outside yard, kitchen - all the time, they have nicer furniture than most homes haha , and most of them, if they didn't comit murder or anything, get to go out on the weekends on intense superv. and basically when we see documentaries here, most of them have no problems staying inside... they have a much better life - some, not all of them. But USA is definitely different.


Istriana
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-21-2008, 10:50 AM
jennyk jennyk is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: May 2008
Location: WI, USA
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Istriana - See, USA is a lot different. And not only that every state here is different...almost every prison is different. Those documentaries you have seen are usually showing the worst prisons there are. Maximum security. There are minnimum and medium security prisons as well that seem to be a different world as far as privelages and living conditions in general. I think it goes from level 1 - level 4 or 5. But the minnimum prisons don't make for very good tv. I think a lot of these issues your talking about you could pick apart for hours. It's kind of a case by case basis.

I think its interesting how different our country is...like you said as far as health care and education. After I saw the movie Sicko I was in disbelief. So if I'm in another country and slice my hand off I can get it sewn back together for free but in America (with no health insurance) they give you a price list of each finger and make you choose what u can afford. If you rent the DVD they have a lot of good info about the differences of US prisons and prisons in other countries in the special features. That may help you with your research...
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-21-2008, 01:03 PM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyk View Post
Istriana - See, USA is a lot different. And not only that every state here is different...almost every prison is different. Those documentaries you have seen are usually showing the worst prisons there are. Maximum security. There are minnimum and medium security prisons as well that seem to be a different world as far as privelages and living conditions in general. I think it goes from level 1 - level 4 or 5. But the minnimum prisons don't make for very good tv. I think a lot of these issues your talking about you could pick apart for hours. It's kind of a case by case basis.

I think its interesting how different our country is...like you said as far as health care and education. After I saw the movie Sicko I was in disbelief. So if I'm in another country and slice my hand off I can get it sewn back together for free but in America (with no health insurance) they give you a price list of each finger and make you choose what u can afford. If you rent the DVD they have a lot of good info about the differences of US prisons and prisons in other countries in the special features. That may help you with your research...


Yes, i have seen Sicko and a bunch of other documentaries concerning this topic - differences between USA and Europe. I find it an interesting topic to talk about and it's always good to hear info "first hand", you know?
Michael Moore has some very insightful documentaries.
As far as prison goes, yes, i know - min. security prisons don't make much of a good tv hehe i totally understand that. My more specific point would be that we're not familiar with max sec. prisons here, so it's like watching a movie most of the time, when you watch these on Nat Geo or elsewhere.
And healthcare, yes, this is a major NO about the USA if you ask me, it's terrible how the insurance business works there... here it's like - because i'm already at a certain age where i can't be insured through my parents, i have to like take care of my own insurance and i have to pay freaking 30 eur per month, haha, we're complaining like - that's toooo much, are they insane?? We've had this kind of insurance all along, so we just don't realize how lucky we are... Thank god i don't have to pick which finger to sow back on... jesus. Going to Cuba or Canada would be a great alternative when living in the USA i think. (Cuba is a socialist country, not a totalitarian one, as it's usually presented and the people have free access to healthcare... drugs are cheap, etc. And you can have a mini vacation while picking up the drugs and getting your teeth done.)
My gosh, i am forgetting this is a prison forum.


Istriana
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
micah boyle micah boyle is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: minnesota, usa
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hello all this isnt Micah, but i am his yournger brother writing this. Yesterday he was in a traffic collision as some of you know already but today his PO violated him for it so he wont be around for another month. Just wanted you all to be informed.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
#1AndOnly #1AndOnly is offline
Banned
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Out of my mind
Posts: 10,239
Thanks: 11,983
Thanked 10,292 Times in 5,513 Posts
Default

Thanks for letting us know ~
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 PM
micah boyle micah boyle is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: minnesota, usa
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

This is Micah's brother again. Even though he is only going to be in there for 1 month he would still enjoy your letters so please send some to him this is the adress for where he is now. PO 817 Willmar Minnesota 56201.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-03-2009, 04:11 AM
rominakins's Avatar
rominakins rominakins is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MN USA
Posts: 821
Thanks: 105
Thanked 263 Times in 159 Posts
Default

Tell him good luck!
__________________


"The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated." ~Washington Irving
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-06-2009, 03:14 AM
istriana's Avatar
istriana istriana is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Europe
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Does he have access to e-mail? Well i wrote on the e-mail adress provided on the previous pages... Anyway, it's a bummer to have a car accident on the New Year's. :-)


Istriana
__________________
A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:14 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2013 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics