Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW JERSEY > New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc.
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New Jersey Parole, Probation, Halfway House, Community Service, etc. All information & questions relating to parole, probation, halfway house, community service, electronic monitoring, etc. in New Jersey should be posted here.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2008, 05:56 AM
authentic57's Avatar
authentic57 authentic57 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: East Coast
Posts: 357
Thanks: 12
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Default Is it possible to transfer parole to another state?

How difficult is it to have one's parole transfered to another state upon being released? Does anyone know the procedures? Is this difficult? I imagine you would have to have a good cause. Any info would be helpful?

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2008, 06:03 AM
Foreverhis31907's Avatar
Foreverhis31907 Foreverhis31907 is offline
Behind us now!

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 1,288
Thanks: 87
Thanked 346 Times in 288 Posts

I know it is possible but I dunno the process. I would think that he would have to get permission from his parole officer.

Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:07 AM
LovinMeNow LovinMeNow is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Somewhere, USA
Posts: 870
Thanks: 114
Thanked 209 Times in 161 Posts

All states have an interstate compact agreement to allow parolees to transfer to another state. If the parolee has family in another state and the sending and receiving state see that it would be a good environment they can approve the transfer. Like I said though, it has to be approved. Of course the hardest part is to get it approved by the receiving state! From what I have heard it should be a family member that the parolee is going to stay with. In the situation of a gf/bf, I guess that alot of things are taken into consideration, how long the couple had been together, whether or not they lived in that state prior to incarceration, if they have children together, etc. I am in a similar situation myself since I moved to another state after his incarceration and am not sure, since we are not married, whether the state that I am living in will approve his parole transfer. I have written to the State Parole Board in the state that I am now living in and have not yet received a response. That was at least 2 months ago!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:59 PM
egs's Avatar
egs egs is offline
...over easy
Donation Award 

Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,736
Thanks: 16
Thanked 543 Times in 354 Posts

You can go to the Interstate Compact website and get information on the State in question. http://www.interstatecompact.org/Dir...7/Default.aspx
egs [aka...Elaine]


...if i know anything at all,
it's that a wall is just a wall
and nothing more at all,
it can be broken down.

---assata shakur
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to egs For This Useful Post:
jasonzwifey2011 (09-11-2008), LovinMeNow (08-17-2008)
Old 03-13-2012, 04:06 PM
Pepper13's Avatar
Pepper13 Pepper13 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 11
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Parole Release to another state

Is the Interstate Compact website and process just for sex offenders? From what I read it appears to be. Thanks.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics