Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OKLAHOMA > Oklahoma Probation, Parole, Pardons, and Modification
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Oklahoma Probation, Parole, Pardons, and Modification This forum is for general information and questions concerning Oklahoma probation, parole, pardons, post conviction relief, judicial reviews, and appeals.

Old 08-12-2008, 08:18 AM
salazar's wife

Question Chances for Early Parole Hearing?

Is it possible for my husband to get a early parole hearing? He comes up in June 2012. His last one was in August 2001. Since they put the Truth and Sentencing law into effect on Violent Offenders have to do a third of their sentences before they can be elligble for parole would there be any hope if he has a home to come to and family support and he has been on good behavior and only has 2 points. and he has only had one write up since incarceration and it was class A back in 2003. Is there any hope? Do you have to have a lawyer to apply for an early parole hearing? If you do is there any lawyers in the OKC or Tulsa area who would take a payment plan or pro bono? He has already been moved to a minimum in June of this year. He applied for the Drug and Alcohol Treatment Program there at WSK and they sent him back a letter telling him that he has already completed all of his required programs when he went through the Therapeutic Community at Lawton Correctional Center when he was there. Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks, Carol

Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2008, 03:54 PM
...and the winds blew!

Smile

bikerbaby hun, there is alway HOPE..there must be!!

I helped my brother file for an early parole..aka back a few years ago. He's a lifer and had 29 years under his belt at the time. He did get an early hearing but unfortunately he didn't get positive votes from all of the 5-member broad so he wasn't granted clemancy. But ya gotta try! Right?!

If he is at a yard that has a law library, they will have the forms there and one of the law clerks can help him with filling it out, but to get there attention you'll need to take it a step further than him simply doing it that way.

You know DOC and the OK P&P..they have to make everything they're involved with look as complicated as they possibly can, just to look important I guess...

Anyway, the process for this is basically like getting ready for a regular hearing where the proper forms and paperwork (parole packet) are sent to all five board members. Below is a link that will give you more info on filing for clemancy (early parole) and it has a pdf you can download for the form(s).

Heck go for it!

I wish you the best of luck with it an if you need any more help just PM me. I'll be glad to help if I can.

http://www.cjpf.org/clemency/Oklahoma.html

Last edited by whitewolf2751; 08-12-2008 at 03:58 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to whitewolf2751 For This Useful Post:
Bishopsgirl (08-28-2008), miahsgirl (08-23-2008)
Old 08-12-2008, 07:50 PM
Prison volunteer/mentor

also OkCure.org has info on their sight about how to prepare parole packets
Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

bikerbaby--It's definitely worth a try. Keep us posted!!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Closed

Bikerbabe - the worst that anyone can do or say is "no". You just have to be strong & accept that they may say no & move on. He does have an out date & that is what you have to remember as alot of us dont. I was actually in the cjpf website last night that whitewolf spoke of. The form & the process doesn't look that hard. And I didn't get the feeling that one would have to be a legal-junkie to figure the process out. So i say go for it. Best of luck to you.